A/N: Please review. Tell me what you think.

Buffy was extremely nervous. All of her bar staff was there getting everything ready including Xander. Spike and Xander had come to the bar for the last three days, so Xander could learn the basics. Buffy hadn’t seen Xander or Spike behind the bar yet, so she hoped that they would be okay tonight.

“Xander. Spike. Can I talk to you for a minute?” Buffy asked. They both nodded and made their way to the bar. “You ready for tonight, Xander?” she asked

“Yeah, I’m cool. A little nervous. I don’t want to screw up.” he said honestly. She nodded in understanding.

“I know exactly what you mean. I was extremely nervous my first time behind the bar. But part of that was because my boss wasn’t very nice. What about you Spike? Were you nervous?” Buffy said trying to give Xander some confidence.

“No. I knew I was going to do great.” Spike said. Buffy shot him an annoyed look. “What? I didn’t say I did do great. I think I got a total of one drink right and that was a beer.” Spike laughed. He looked over at Xander who had a frightened look on his face.

“Oh god. Maybe I should just wait to get behind the bar.” Xander said.

Buffy put a hand on his shoulder. “I’m sure you’ll do just fine. It’s a Thursday, so there might not be that many people here tonight. If you want to, you can watch Me and Spike for the first few minutes, then just jump in when you feel ready. I want you to get some experience tonight though okay?” she said gently.

He took her hand off of his shoulder and held it. “Thanks Buffy.” he said then kissed her hand.

“No..no problem.” she said flustered. “I’ve gotta go help the others.” she said shyly then turned around and left.

“Does the whelp have a crush on the boss lady?” Spike laughed.

“No. I was just saying thank you.” Xander said turning to face Spike.

“Yeah, right. I know that look. I’m surprised you didn’t get down on one knee and propose right here.”

“I think she’s sweet. Okay so maybe I do have a small crush, but you can’t deny that she’s pretty.” Xander said.

“Okay, she’s pretty, I’ll give you that.” he said. They both turned to look at her. She was dressed in a pair of tight black pants and a pink halter top. Her hair was in a bun again.

“Do you think I have a chance with her?” Xander asked.

“I don’t know, man. I don’t know her that well.” Spike said. “I’d say focus on your mixing right now then you can focus on your love life later. Come on, let’s finish getting ready.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy walked away from Xander and Spike towards Willow.

“Hey Wills, need some help.” Buffy asked.

“Yeah, that’d be great.” Willow said grabbing a chair and moving off of the dance floor. “So what were you talking about over there.” she said with a smile.

“Um, we were telling Xander not to be nervous about his first day.” she said getting flustered again.

“Oh, he definitely didn’t look nervous to me. Actually he looked kinda smitten.” she laughed.

“I know. I don’t want to hurt his feelings but I don’t like him like that.” she said.

“Well he apparently likes you. Oh my Goddess. Don’t look now but they’re totally staring at you.” Willow whispered.

“They?” she asked not really wanting to look.

“Yeah, Xander and the hottie bartender.” Willow said.

“What? I thought you were gay, Wills.” Buffy said shocked.

“I am. But I can still spot a good looking guy.”

“You think he’s a hottie?” Buffy asked

“Oh yeah. In that bad boy kinda way. Don’t you?”

“Yeah.” She said simply and picked up a chair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy was right. Tonight was a slow night. A few people came in to have an after work drink so she let Xander take care of them. She knew it was Thursday, but she had expected a better turn out.

“Are you Buffy Summers?” a man asked. Buffy looked up and saw a tall man with sandy blonde hair.

“Yeah, what can I do for ya?” she asked with a smile.

“Well, I was wondering if you were hiring?” he said.

“I’m sorry, but all my positions have been filled.” she said with a sympathetic smile.

“Well I saw that you don’t have a person at the door, checking IDs and making sure things don’t get out of hand. I was hoping maybe I could be that person.” he said.

“Okay, come by tomorrow around noon and we can talk about it. Okay Mr.?” she said.

“Finn. Riley Finn. And that sounds great. Thanks.” he said. He turned and walked out the door.

Buffy threw her head down and started banging it on the bar.

“Pet, if your trying to remodel the bar, there are easier ways to do it.” Spike said with an amused look on his face.

Buffy immediately stopped and glared at him. “Fuck you, Spike. I don’t need your shit right now.” she said in a low voice so no one around would hear her.

“What the hell crawled up your ass, Summers?” he said with a frown.

“I’m sorry. I just thought I had everything covered and some stranger comes in and pretty much tells me, ‘Nope, you forgot something’.” she said.

“What did you forget? It couldn’t be that big of a deal.” he said.

“I forgot to hire a bouncer. I own a bar and I forgot the damn bouncer. I have a guy coming tomorrow to apply for the job.” Buffy said shaking her head.

“Well then that’s covered, so why are you getting up close and personal with the bar?”

“I’m just stressed and seemed like the best option at the time.” Buffy said.

“Look why don’t I fix you a drink then you can go upstairs and destress. What would you like, luv?” Spike said.

“Why should I let you make me a drink? We don’t like each other remember. How do I know that you won’t do something funky to it.” she said with a smile.

“You don’t. I guess you’ll have to trust me, pet.” he said leaning forward.

She took a step back. “I don’t trust anyone, especially you. I’ll leave that to Anya and Xander. They both seem to like you and trust you.” she said. “I think I’ll go upstairs and sleep. You take over the bar.” she said and left before he could say anything. “Willow could you lock up tonight?” she asked, Willow nodded. “Thanks.”

Buffy went upstairs, got into bed and immediately went to sleep. Later that night she heard moaning coming from Anya’s bedroom. ‘Well I guess somebody needed to celebrate. Good thing I bought earplugs.’ she thought. She reached into her bedside table grabbed the earplugs and went back to sleep unable to hear anything.

A/N: I love reviews even the critical ones. Tell me what you think.