A/N: Please tell me what you think.

Buffy woke up refreshed. She had finally had a good nights sleep. Now Riley sat in her apartment/office interviewing for the bouncer position.

“So Mr. Finn, why don’t you tell me about yourself.” Buffy said politely.

“Well, I moved here from New York. I was a bouncer there. I really like it. I had been looking for a job in LA and they didn’t need any bouncers there. I saw an advertisement and drove down here to see if you needed anyone.” he explained.

“So you live in LA right now?” she asked.

“No, I’m living at a motel while I look for a job and then an apartment.” he said.

“So, could you start tonight?” she asked hopefully. He nodded. “Good! The bar staff comes in at 4 to help transform the Grind into the bar. Can you do that?”

“Sure. I don’t have a problem with that.” he smiled.

“Then I guess you’re hired. I have some paper work for you to fill out. Let me get it.” she went to the desk and got the papers. He filled out the papers and handed them back to her.

“Thanks. I’ll walk you back down stairs.” Buffy said and turned to walk out the front door.

“Um, Buffy. I was wondering if you would like to go out with me some time, just for a drink.” Riley said shyly.

“Riley, I own a bar. The only bar in town in fact.” she said.


“How about after we close? We have one drink, that’s all I ask.” he said.

“Okay, but only one. Now let’s go downstairs.” she said opening the door and leading the way.

Riley followed her downstairs and told her he would see her at 4. Buffy walked over to where Anya, Willow and Tara, who had come to hang out, were sitting.

“ I just hired that guy, Riley.” she announced.

“That’s good. Now we have some control. I can’t believe we all forgot about a bouncer.” Willow said.

“He asked me to have a drink with him later, like after we close tonight. I was wondering if you would hang around, too. I would rather not be alone.” Buffy said.

“Sure, no problem. I probably won’t be able to sleep well tonight anyway.” Willow said.

“You know I’ll hang out. We can make it like a group thing.” Tara said.

“We can invite the two good looking bartenders too. Xander has very nice arms.” Anya said excitedly.

“That’s a good idea. I’ll ask them when they show up.” Buffy said.

“Why don’t you go on a date with him? He obviously likes you.” Tara asked.

“I don’t know. I just didn’t feel that spark, you know. I’m sure he’s an okay guy, but I’m not looking for okay. I can be sarcastic, ya know. I’ve met him twice and I’m already afraid to say the wrong thing around him.”

“Have you ever felt that spark with anyone?” Willow asked.

“No.” she said sadly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that day...

“Xander. Spike. Can I talk to you?” she said having the feeling of deja vu.

“What do you need, pet?” Spike asked.

“I was wondering if you guys would like to stay after the bar closes and hang out. The bouncer asked me to have a drink with him, but I don’t want to be alone.” Buffy said.

“Yeah, sure I’ll stay.” Xander said happily.

“What’s wrong, Summers, you afraid of the new bouncer?” Spike said.

“No, I told you before, I don’t trust anyone. I don’t want to be here alone with him.” Buffy said honestly.

“Sure, I’ll stay, too.” he said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Oh, my God. I know that we made up for last night.” Buffy said when she finally locked the doors to the bar.

“I know it was busy and everything, but I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep anytime soon.” Willow said trying to give Buffy the chance to invite them to stay in front of Riley.

“Me and Riley were going to have a drink. Do you guys want to stay and hang out?” She asked Willow, Tara, Spike, Xander and Anya, already knowing what they were going to say.

“Yeah.”“Sure”“Okay” they all answered.

“Um, Buffy? Can I talk to you for a minute?” Riley asked.

“Sure.” she said following him.

“I thought we were going to be alone.” Riley whined.

“I know but they want to hangout. What? Am I supposed to tell them no?” she asked.

“Yeah.” he said.

“Then I can already tell you that a relationship beyond friendship could never work. I don’t like having to choose between my friends and who ever I date. I haven’t even been on a date with you and you’re already trying to make me choose. I’m sorry, Riley.” Buffy said.

Riley stared at her a moment before walking out the back door.

Buffy walked over to where the rest of the group was standing. “Riley won’t be joining us tonight. I would still you to stay and have a drink with me.” she said.

Everyone agreed to stay. Buffy went behind the bar and grabbed a small stereo she kept back there just in case turned and put in a CD with a mix of songs on it.

“Hey, Summers you remember that little challenge when we first met. I say we compete. You take half the group, I’ll take the other half.” he said with a smirk.

“Okay, I’ll take yours, Willows, and Anya’s. You take the others.” Buffy said back. He nodded.

“Okay guys. We’re about to show off for each other. Buffy goes first. She’ll take mine, Willow’s and Anya’s drink order and mix them.”

“Just a minute let me get loosened up first.” she said. Buffy kicked off her boots. She went behind the bar and took her chopsticks out of her hair. She bent over, shook her hair out, and threw her head back. “Okay, What’re you having?” Everyone stood there in shock. This was the first time they had seen her with hair down, with the exception of Anya.

‘My god. Now I know what the whelp saw in her. She’s gorgeous.’ Spike thought. Her honey blonde hair fell into soft wave around her face and down her back. She had decided to go with all black tonight. ‘I would love to run my hands... no, bad thoughts. Can’t have bad thoughts about her. You don’t like her remember.’

“What?” Buffy said when no one spoke. Everyone just shook their head.

“I’ll have a martini, sweet, two cherries.” Anya said.

“Um, I’ll take a Mai Tai.” Willow said with a smile.

Buffy nodded at the orders then looked at Spike. “Okay, let me have it.” she said with a smirk.

“Zombie’s Punch.” he said. Buffy just rolled her eyes.

She turned around and grabbed all three glasses without stopping. She made the martini first, then Willow’s Mai Tai. She flipped the bottles effortlessly. She knew that Spike would test her, so she made his last. ‘She’s great. So graceful. No wonder she chose to this.’ Spike thought. She sat all the glasses in front of the appropriate person, clapped her hands together and yelled ‘Viola’.

They all clapped including Spike and she took a small bow. “Your turn.” she said with a smile, glad that she had impressed everyone including Spike.

Spike got up and took his place behind the bar. “Okay, my turn. What’s going to be people?”

“I’ll have a Rob Roy.” Xander said. Spike nodded.

“Mojito” Tara said.

Spike looked at Buffy. “What’re you gonna have, Slayer?” he asked.

Buffy smiled at the nickname, not knowing what it meant, then ordered. “A shot of French Fire.”

Spike started as Buffy had. He spun the bottles without spilling a single drop. He threw them up into the air for effect. ‘Now, I know why my mom hired him. Anya was right, he does work out...no bad thoughts..can’t have bad thoughts’ Buffy thought.

Spike ended his show the same way Buffy had. Everyone clapped for him too, including Buffy. She joined Spike behind the bar. “So what do you think guys? Who won?” she said looking around her.

Willow spoke for the group. “We can’t choose. You both mix great, almost the same. You guys should put on shows. That would bring people in.” she laughed.

Buffy laughed too, then looked at Spike. “I guess we tied.” she said holding out her hand so he could shake it.

“Yeah, luv, I guess so.” he replied kissing the back of her hand never breaking eye contact.

“Um, yeah. I feel like dancing.” she said quickly snatching her hand away like she was being electrocuted. She ran around the bar and grabbed Willow and Tara. “Come on. Dance with me.” she said. “Anya get over here and dance.” Anya got up from her chair and made her way to the dance floor.

After one fast song a slow song came on. Willow grabbed Tara around the waist and started to rock together. Buffy saw Anya ran off the dance floor and assumed that she was going to get Spike. She was surprised when Anya and Xander came strolling onto the dance floor. Buffy shut her eyes. ‘Shit. That leave me with Spike and I doubt that he....’ Buffy snapped out of her trance when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned and saw Spike looking down at her.

“May I have this dance?” he said in a low voice. Buffy just nodded. He wrapped his arms around her waist and gently rocked her.

“Why did you call me Slayer earlier?” she said locking eyes with him.

“Because knocked out that those drinks without skipping a beat. You’re really good, you know.” he whispered.

“Thanks. You’re just as good as you said you are. I think I may begin to trust you now. Friends?” she asked.

“Friends.” he said. He felt a tap on his shoulder and saw Xander standing there.

“Can I cut in?” Xander asked. Spike nodded and reluctantly removed his arms from around her waist. Xander took his spot.

Spike started dancing with Anya but couldn’t stop thinking about the girl that had been his arms seconds ago.

A/N: Review!!!!! I love them. Can't get enough.