A/N: I love reviews. Give `em to me. I also just merged two chapters.
__________________________________________________

Two Weeks Later....

Xander had gotten down the basics giving Spike and Buffy the chance to show off their skills to the public. Xander would handle anything basic, Spike and Buffy would mix the more complex drinks. People would order the more complex drinks just to watch them. Tonight the crowd was extremely encouraging. They clapped and cheered, giving the blond duo behind the bar an energy boost.

“What’ll you two have?” Buffy asked the older couple sitting at the end of the bar.

“They’ll have a Bloody Mary and a Scotch Old-Fashioned, luv. I’ll get the scotch, if you get Mary.” Spike said from behind her. Buffy looked at the couple, both of them nodded and smiled. She turned to Spike who had started to make the scotch.

“What’s with the sudden psychicness?” she asked with a smile.

“Not psychic, pet. Those are my parents.” he answered her grinning back.

“Oh. You go chat with them and I’ll fix that drink.” she said.

“Here you go, Giles. Buffy will have that Bloody Mary here in a minute.” Spike said. “What are you guys doing here? Not that I’m not happy to see you, it’s just a surprise.” Spike said as he leaned across the bar to give his mother a kiss on the cheek. He then shook his stepfather’s hand.

“We wanted to see you doing what you love, honey.” his mother said.

“Here you go. One Bloody Mary.” Buffy sat the drink down.

“Buffy this is Jenny, my mother, and Giles my stepdad.” Spike said introducing them.

“I’m Buffy. I own the bar.” Buffy said shaking their hands.

“You did a great job with the place.” Jenny said giving Buffy a smile.

Just then Joyce walked up. “Hey, sweetheart.”

“Did someone designate tonight parents night?” Buffy said to Spike. She turned to her mom. “Hey, mom. Want something to drink?”

“Rolls Royce.” Joyce said. Buffy went to fix the drink. “So, what did she mean about parents night?” she asked Spike.

“Oh , these are my parents, Jenny and Rupert Giles.” Spike said. They all shook hands.

“So how have you...” Joyce started, when they heard a loud crash. Spike’s head jerked around to see what happened. Buffy was unconscious on the ground.

Spike rushed over to her side and started checking her for injuries. “Xander take over the bar.” Spike said. He gently picked her up and walked around the bar, Joyce following him. He looked at his parents. “Will you guys help me?” he asked quietly. They nodded and followed him. He walked up the stairs to the apartment and knocked on the door. Anya opened the door. Spike rushed in and waited for Anya to lead the way. They all walked into Buffy’s bedroom. Jenny made her way through the group to Buffy’s side and started checking her.

“Jenny was a nurse at a hospital in London. When she moved her she started working at the school.” Spike said to Joyce.

“Has this ever happened before?” Jenny asked to nobody in particualar.

“Not to my knowledge.” Spike said. He looked at Joyce.

“No, never.” she whispered.

“It looks like she fainted, but she didn’t injure anything else. We need to get her to the hospital to see what happened.” Jenny said to the group.

“Joyce and I will take her in my car. You guys can follow us.” Spike said. Everyone nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joyce and Spike sat in the waiting room. Anya had stayed at the bar to make sure everything ran okay. Spike had told Jenny and Giles to go home a little bit ago, telling them he would call them and tell them what had happened.

“Ms. Summers?” The doctor asked.

“Yes. What’s wrong? What happened to her?” Joyce asked. Spike put a hand on her back to try and calm her.

“She’s okay now. She seems to have what is called arrhythmia, abnormal heartbeat. Her heart was beating too fast. We’ve given her some medication to normalize her heartbeat. Has she been under a lot of stress lately?” he asked.

“She just opened her own business.” Joyce said.

“That’s probably the cause. We’ll keep her overnight to monitor her. We’ll also give her a prescription to keep this from happening again. The stress in her life should decrease. We’ll have her come back in a few weeks and check her.” the doctor said.

“Thanks, doctor. Can we see her now?” Joyce asked.

“Of course. Follow me.” he said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Buffy, sweetheart?” Joyce said when she walked into the room.

“Hey mom. Spike?” Buffy said.

“Hey, luv. How ya feeling?” he asked.

“Okay I guess, considering I’ve been unconscious for most of the night.” she said with a smile.

“Do you want anything to eat or drink, honey?” Joyce asked.

“Yeah, I could definitely eat. I could use some water too.” Buffy said.

“I go down to the cafeteria and see what I can find.” Joyce said. She walked out the door shutting it behind her.

“You gave us a scare, luv.” Spike said, pulling a chair up next to her bed.

“It happened so fast. The last thing I remember doing is grabbing a bottle, then I was here. I was scared when I woke up here. I hate hospitals.” she said letting her tears go.

Spike took her hand and kissed it. “You’ll be outta here tomorrow. We’ll stay here for the rest of the night.”

“Why are you going to stay here?” Buffy whispered.

Spike leaned up and kissed her on the forehead. “Because you’re my friend.” he said.

“Thank you, Spike.” she said.

/////////////////////////////

“You ready to go home, Buffy.” Joyce said walking into the hospital room the next morning.

“Yeah, I’ll be glad to get out of here.” Buffy said climbing out of the bed.

“Come on, pet. Let’s get you into the wheelchair.” he said helping her out of the bed.

“I don’t need a wheelchair. I can walk just fine.” she pouted

“Hospital rules. Plus the faster you get into the chair, the faster we can get you out of here.” Spike said trying to convince her. She nodded her consent.

Joyce stood there watching Spike and Buffy. She knew that they were friends but she really liked Spike and hoped that someday it would be more.

All three of them walked out of the hospital and to Spike’s car.

“Geez, Spike. Will there be enough room?” Buffy said sarcastically.

“What? It’s a classic.” he said opening the door of the black DeSoto.

“Uh huh. I think your compensating for something.” Buffy whispered as she got into the car. She grinned when she looked back at his shocked face. “Come on, Spike I wanna go home.”

He got into the car and behind the wheel. Buffy sat next to her mom and rested her head on her mother’s shoulder. She felt the car stop and sat up.

“I’m gonna to run into the store to get some cigs. You girls want anything?” Spike said. Joyce shook her head.

“Chocolate, anything chocolate.” Buffy said with a big smile. Spike nodded and got out of the car.

Joyce waited until Spike was in the store to speak. “He’s a good guy, you know. I think he would have done anything for you last night.”

“What do you mean?” Buffy said confused.

“He was by your side the entire time. He carried you everywhere. He was just as concerned as I was.” Joyce said.

“He’s my friend, mom. That’s all.” Buffy said. Joyce looked into her daughter’s eyes.

“You like him more than a friend, don’t you?” she said softly.

“Yeah, I do.” Buffy whispered before Spike opened the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They all walked into the apartment and sat on the couch. “They told you you have to relax for 48 hours.” Joyce said.

“I can’t just sit here in the apartment for two days. I’ll go crazy. I need to go down and see how everything’s going.” Buffy said.

“Anya’s down there. Everything will be fine, pet. I’ve got an idea. The bar is closed tonight. We do a movie night thing. Pull an all nighter thing and invite the Scoobies. You need a little fun, luv.” Spike said using the nickname the bar staff had started calling themselves.

“That sounds cool. I haven’t done something like that in ages.” Buffy said.

“That’s a great idea. He’s right you need to have some fun.” Joyce said with a smile. “I have to go and do some things at the gallery. Take care and have fun, sweetie.” Joyce said giving Buffy a hug. She stood and walked over to Spike. “Thanks for everything, Spike.” She said and gave him a kiss on the cheek and left.

“I’ll go get the movies and some food. You call the scoobs and tell them what’s going on.” Spike said.
“What kind of movies should I get?”

“Oh, I love ‘The Princess Bride’ and Monty Python movies.” she said with a smile.

“Alright can do. I’ll get a few others just for variety.” Spike said getting up.

Buffy grabbed his arm. “Thank you for everything Spike.” she said.

“No problem, pet.” he said as he leaned down and kissed her forehead. “ I’ll be back later.” he said and left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Spike came back all the Scoobs were there. Spike got all the food ready and brought it into the livingroom.


“So what are we watching first?” he asked.

“The Princess Bride. Comedy and fight scenes, can’t beat that.” Buffy said.

Everyone situated themselves as Spike put in the movie. Tara and Willow cuddled up on an old bean bag chair. Spike, Buffy, and Xander all sat on the couch, while Anya leaned against Xander’s legs.

Spike had a hard time paying attention to the movie. Buffy had made herself comfortable by leaning on Spike. Every time she laughed, he felt tingle go up his spine. ‘She is sweet and beautiful.’ Spike thought.

The movie ended without Spike really knowing it. Buffy sat up and stretched. “What should we do now?”

Tara spoke up softly. “I know we’re all kind of old but I think we should play a game.”

“Sounds like fun.”“Cool”“Sure” they said.

“What game you thinkin’ of?” Spike asked.

“Truth or Dare.”

A/N: Tell me what you think. Love it? Hate it?