A MURDER IN SUNNYDALE



Chapter 14: ‘Change The World’


Buffy could hear her old friend, Oz’s, melodic voice and wonderful Spanish guitar from the bar area where he played. Even with her eyes closed, Buffy could sense Spike watching her, wondering, she supposed, if she had heard anything he had said to her. She had, however, right at that moment, Buffy was caught up in Oz’s guitar and his words:

(Change The World…sung by Eric Clapton)


‘If I can reach the stars
Pull one down for you.
Shine it on my heart
So you could see the truth.

That this love I have inside
Is everything it seems.
But for now I find,
It’s only in my dreams…

And I can change the world,
I will be the sunlight in your universe.
You would think my love was really something
Good,
Baby if I could change the world.

And if I could be king,
Even for a day.
I’d take you for my queen,
I’d have it no other way.

And our love would rule
This kingdom we had made.
Til then I’d be a fool,
Wishing for the day…


That I can change the world,
I would be the sunlight in your universe.
You would think my love was really something
good.
Baby if I could change the world.
Baby if I could change the world.

Yes, I could change the world,
I would be the sunlight in your universe.
You would think my love was really something
Good,
Baby if I could change the world
Baby if I could change the world
Baby if I could change the world.


Spike still had Buffy’s tiny hand in his and he could not help but stroke the soft skin there, tenderly.

‘She’s listening to the singer’s words, feeling them,’ he thought to himself, as he felt his body being drawn even closer to Buffy’s. He was mesmerized by the soft, almost senusal look on Buffy’s beautiful face as she listened to the singer finish his song in the bar next door to them.

Spike couldn’t help himself, he scooched even closer to Buffy, embraced her little body and pulled it to his own, happy that she kept her eyes closed. At least for this moment.

“Any real man would want to change the world for you, Buffy luv,” he murmered in her ear as he stroked her soft hair, gently. “You just need to let ‘me’ try, sweet,” he added in a whispered breath.

Buffy half opened her eyes and half smiled up at her admirerer, “now,” she began in a silky whisper, “just how are you going to ‘change’ my world, Spike Williamson?”

She dropped her gaze to his utterly delectable mouth, just in time to see it close the gap between them and meet her own lips.

When they had finished their deep, but almost sweetly chaste kiss, Spike pulled back and smiled down at Buffy warmly.

“To start,” he murmered, tucking a strand of her golden hair behind her ear, “I could treat you right, like the amazing woman you are should be treated. Wouldn’t you like that, Buffy dear?” he whispered as his blue eyes met her green ones. “Wouldn’t you like to be adored and treated right like an amazing woman like yourself deserves to be?”

“Yes,” she answered, in more of a breath, then a word, her eyes still half closed.

Spike motioned to the waiter for the check, then paid it immediately in cash. His blue eyes never broke contact from her green ones, which were now quite wide open.

Buffy couldn’t help but notice, even in the dream like state she was in, that Spike must have left $100.00 in a tip alone, before he half picked her up and manuveured her from the table and out the door. He left the valet nearly $50.00, then another $20.00 because the kid hurried with his BMW.

‘I’ve got to stop noticing crap like this,’ Buffy chided herself, ‘I’ve never been the type to be so impressed with money and all. This could get a little risky.’ Still, it was hard for her not to notice.

“Where are we going?” Buffy asked, a little nervous now that they were on the open road.

Spike turned to look at her briefly then grinned, “that my sweetheart, is entirely up to you,” he murmered.

“Do you want to go to the beach?” Buffy asked almost shyly. ‘Nimrod,’ she hissed at herself, ‘you’re not sixteen-years-old anymore. Geez!’

Spike had to make a stop at the light and he took the opportunity to gaze at Buffy again. ‘She’s adorable,’ he thought to himself in awe, ‘absolutely adorable. Thirty-years-old, a Homicide cop, seen it all. Still as innocent and guiless as a babe.’

“You have no idea how much I want to go anyplace you do, luv,” he admitted honestly. “However,” he continued with a slight chuckle, “that lovely dress of yours may not quite work out at the shore. You know?”

After they had driven another two miles or so, Spike suddenly swerved over to the side of the road. By a curb in front of a now closed market. He turned off the motor to the BMW, then turned to face Buffy, a thoughtful look on his handsome face.

“Would you come back with me? To my hotel room,” he asked almost shyly. For some reason, Spike felt unsure as to Buffy’s answer and he was suddenly afraid of her rejection.

“For a drink, if that’s all…” his voice trailed off to a whisper. He still, however, kept Buffy’s wide-eyed gaze connected with his own.

Buffy looked away, momentarily from Spike’s gorgeous indigo blue eyes, then returned his gaze again.

“Yes,” she murmered, a little flush of hotness ran up her neck and face. Buffy didn’t feel the need to inform Spike that a ‘drink’ was the last thing on her mind. She figured he pretty much realized that, right? After all, the man practically seemed to read her thoughts. And, truth be told, Buffy was surprisingly in tuned with Spike’s thoughts. She ‘thought’ anyway.

Spike turned his body, half way, towards Buffy, then leaned over and kissed her, softly, on his luscious lips. He was only mildly surprised when she kissed him back.

‘Okay,’ he thought to himself, ‘I get her to my hotel room. No repeat of the other night, right? She can’t send me away, and I certainly won’t send her away, so…’

“Let’s get you home,” Spike whispered after they broke the kiss.

“Home?” Buffy murmered, puzzled. ‘Thought we were going to his place? God, I’m so confused.’

“I mean,” Spike whispered as he stroked Buffy’s soft cheek with the back of his hand, “home to my hotel room.”


Spike kissed Buffy on her funny, but adorable nose and turned back to start the car again. As much as he truly wanted to converse the rest of the way to the Sunnydale Arms, he got the feeling that Buffy would rather remain quiet, with her own thoughts.

Once they had reached the Hotel, Buffy realized that Spike threw money around, constantly. The valet practically fell over his own feet, trying to get the BMW keys and the tip he was so sure of from Spike.

Spike led Buffy into the lobby of the Sunnydale Arms, something that embarrassed her, deeply. She had been here, once before, long ago, but under somewhat similar circumstances.

‘Different time, different man,’ she told herself. Spike’s hand was on Buffy’s waist and he gave it a little squeeze. Then, he began to skim the flesh (well under the dress) beneath that long fingered hand of his, sending a shiver up Buffy’s spine.

Spike felt Buffy nearly quiver as he ran his fingers, lightly, in circles on her waist. This certainly gave him a sense of new found hope!

‘Play this right, mate,’ he ordered himself, ‘she’ll bolt like a bloody rabbit if you push her too hard.’

Buffy and Spike had made it to the elevator, up to his top floor room. They were oddly silent with each other, something that Spike really hated, he liked the way Buffy talked. She had a way of putting things, in words that is, that Spike found both interesting and entertaining. In other words, Spike was completely mesmerized by Buffy Summers.

“Top floor, huh?” Buffy asked Spike, wide-eyed and nervous as hell. It was obvious, to him anyway. Buffy was getting a little antsy about being here. Spike, who wasn’t always much for the ‘thinking’ things out, made a sudden decision.

He wrapped both of his arms around Buffy’s tiny body, pulled her flush to his own body and kissed her, passionately. Imagine how delighted he was, when Buffy kissed him right back.

Buffy felt Spike’s arms envelope her, like freakin’ vice grips, really. However, she decided not to ‘think’ this particular thing out so much. Not like usual, for her anyway. She wrapped her own slim arms about Spike’s neck and eagerly kissed him back.

‘Mmmmm, such a bloody amazing kisser,’ Spike hummed as he felt Buffy’s luscious lips produce the desired affect, right down in his groin.

‘Mmmmm, such a devine kisser,” Buffy purred to herself, as she felt the desired affect of his kisses travel right down to her…’

By the time the elevator door had opened at the top floor of the Hotel, Buffy’s whole body wrapped around Spike’s. That is, Buffy’s legs and arms were wrapped about his waist and chest.

Spike, who was usually quite ‘together’ about most things, found this situation rather unnerving. Delightful, wonderful, marvelous? Oh, yeah, but unnerving.

‘Oh, Buffy,’ he thought to himself, ‘I’m good and caught, luv. If we do this…’

Buffy and Spike stumbled, still kissing, to his Hotel room and he had to set her back down, on her tiny feet, to find his room card. Once he opened the Hotel room door, Spike picked Buffy up in his arms and carried her into the living room area.

Neither one of them said a word (okay, they did, but I get shy about naughty talk! Tee hee) as they pulled each other’s clothes from their bodies. Once they were both stripped naked, Spike pulled Buffy into the bedroom and laid her on the huge king sized bed.

He paused, for a moment to survey his ‘beauty’ all laid out on the pluch covers of the bed.

“Now,” he purred, silkily, “there’s a ‘Queen’ for my bed if I ever saw one.”

Buffy blushed bright red and let her eyes fall on Spike’s muscled chest and stomache. Try as she might, she could not keep from looking lower, to his other attributes.

‘Wow!’ she gasped silently, ‘he’s…’

Spike crawled up onto the bed, sat up on his knees and perused Buffy, intently. He smiled warmly.

“You are so beautiful, Buffy,” he whispered in awe as he eyed her naked form from head to toe.

“So are you,” Buffy murmered back, not the least bit embarrassed by it. For once.

Spike got such an unsure, but delighted expression on his face, in his indigo blue eyes, that Buffy felt a hard tug at her heart.

‘Oh, Buffy,’ she groaned inwardly, ‘you are in trouble now, for sure.’

Spike crawled up Buffy’s body, laid himself over her like a blanket and began to kiss her, desperately. Only breaking their lip contact long enough to ask her…

“Are you sure about this Buffy?”

She smiled, softly, a totally feminine, warm smile and nodded her golden head, shyly.

“I want to worship your body,” Spike whispered lowly as he skimmed his lips over her cheeks and jaw; her lips and neck. He headed for her bare, beautiful breasts, but, she stopped him with her tiny hands.

“Huh?” he asked, trying to mask his sudden dissapointment in her actions.

Buffy took Spike’s handsome face in her hands and shook her head, gently.

“Worship later,” she began softly, “I want you in my body, now. Please Spike.”

Reluctantly, okay not so much, Spike positioned himself between Buffy’s thighs and drove into her wetness.

“Jesus, Buffy,” he gasped at how tight and hot Buffy was. “I…” he rasped huskily, his eyes half closed from pleasure.

Buffy gasped at how big and well, manly, Spike was.

“I…” she rasped back, her eyes half closed from pleasure.

Our Spuffy couple (had to get that one in there!) did not waste time. They ‘made love’ (hear that Joss? ME? ‘MADE LOVE!) together like there was no tomorrow.

“Wanted to worship you,” Spike murmered into Buffy’s hot, slick flesh of her neck and then her lips. He pummeled into her, whispering his adoration of her as he did.

“You are,” Buffy responded as she bucked up to meet Spike’s thrusts.

They writhed and moaned and writhed and moaned (okay, I’m lost here. I totally suck at writing sex scenes!)

“Gonna’ cum, Princess,” Spike rasped, finally, “you feel so damn good.”

“Me too,” Buffy replied with a gasp. Heck, it had been ages since Buffy had an impending orgasm like this one!

Finally, they came together. When they’d finished, Spike collapsed on top of Buffy, his slick body seemed to mesh with hers, totally.

“That…” Buffy began in short, hot pants…

“Was amazing…” Spike finished for her. His own voice was breathy and quite ‘sated’ also.


Later, after they came down from the first time, Buffy and Spike worshipped each other’s bodies for most of the rest of the night.

Spike discovered that his Buffy was quite a ‘talker’ during sex. Buffy found out that there was more then one position while having sex?!

Later, Buffy woke up, glanced at the little alarm clock by the side of the big bed and saw the time read; ‘6:35 AM’

She glanced over at Spike, who was dead to the world, but still had his arms, wrapped possessively around her body. He had the most delicious smile on his face. A look of pure contentment.

“Oh SHIT!” Buffy exclaimed to herself. “What the hell have I done? I, I had sex with Spike? Unprotected! Jesus, it’s like ‘sleeping with the enemy!”

She untangled herself from Spike’s arms and body, carefully as not to wake him. Spike turned over in his sleep, still with the smile of contentment and a soft whisper of ‘Buffy’ from his mouth.

In the time it took to bolt for the front living area of the Hotel room, Buffy had grabbed her clothes, her purse and her shoes and slipped out of the front door. She dialed the Sunnydale Cab Company as she fled to the elevator.

Spike woke up to the sound of the Hotel room telephone, ringing shrilly. He flopped back on his other side and reached for Buffy’s warm, gorgeous body, only to find her side of the bed ‘empty.’

He bolted up in the bed and looked around the room, desperately.

“Buffy!” he called out. No answer.

“Shit!” he hissed as he finally thought to pick up the hotel room phone.

“Mr. Williamson?” came the front deskman’s timid voice.

“What!” Spike barked as he got up from the bed and began to his search for Buffy.

“Well, Sir,” the deskman hesitated, “I saw your ‘visitor’ the lovely lady with the beautiful dress. She ran past my desk, from the front elevator, as if there was a fire. Thought I should check and make sure everything was okay?”

Spike groaned, inwardly, ‘no you fucking idiot,’ he thought wryly, ‘everything is far from okay.’

To the deskman however, he said, “everything is okay. I wonder, could you possibly have the door man stop the young lady?”

“Sorry, Mr. Williamson,” the deskman apologized, “I believe she’s already caught a cab?”

Spike groaned again. He ran his hands through his bleached hair and thought for a minute.

“Thanks anyway, mate,” he replied curtly, “I’ll handle this from here.”

Once he had hung up the room’s phone, Spike sat on the edge of bed and lit up a cigarette. He pondered his next move, carefully.

“So,” he surmised, rather angrily, “Buffy thinks she’s going to shag me senseless then run off and behave like it never happened? Oh, I don’t think so…”

A/N: I’m trying to renew some interest in this fiction…I detest writing sex scenes (yeah, that’s it!). Isn’t it just like Buffy to bolt like that?!

Okay, next chapter, Spike will track down Buffy….oooh, yum!
We will find out just what it is that will make our blonde, homicide cop so happy? (Besides Spike’s…that is!)
Please read and review. There is much angst to come, for many of our characters. Luv, Spuf