A MURDER IN SUNNYDALE


Chapter 30: ‘Vanity’


‘Adorable!’ Buffy exclaimed to herself, all warm and tingly inside. This, even though she just knew she should be pissed beyond pissed at what her William had pulled only weeks earlier.

But, how could she be? Her Will was all red with embarrassment, sheepishly hanging his handsome head and darn near kicking the sofa, gently, in an almost ‘aw shucks’ way.

“Well,” Buffy had asked again, “what is this about my elderly, rather ‘sousy’ neighbor Mrs. Wiggins? About what she said?”

Spike had tried to explain to Buffy, everything, truly. How he’d first seen her. Had to know all about her and sent Wesley around Sunnydale to collect data on his future wife. Of course, one of the best sources had been his Princess’s neighbor, Mrs. Wiggins, who provided old Wes with the most interesting ‘neighborly’ info.

“I couldn’t help it, baby,” Spike muttered, his hand nervously searching his pockets for a smoke. “I had to know more about you, fast. Old Wesley, he just offered the old lady some ‘incentive’ to spill your secrets. Well, what she knew of them anyway.” He gave her a pout, hoping it would distract her from the present situation and make her warm up to him again.

‘Yes, definitely adorable,’ Buffy re-thought her earlier stance. ‘How the heck can I be mad at him, he’s so, so…..mine! That’s it, he’s mine and I’m his and hell, who gives a fuck if he checked up on me. It’s kind of romantic and…..”

Before she ‘thought’ out the latest development too much longer, Buffy reached out, unzipped Will’s jeans, pulled them down about his knees and shoved him, tenderly of course, to the sofa. She pulled her skirt up, her thong off and almost leapt onto his lap, lowering herself down onto his very hard erection.

“Forget it,” she ordered huskily, “doesn’t matter anyway. We got each other and that’s all that matters.” She allowed him to grasp her slim hips, rather roughly, actually and began to rock on his very wonderful shaft.

“That we did, Princess,” Spike rasped back placed his left hand behind her golden head and brought their mouths together in a marvelous, hot kiss. “Thank God, Buffy,” he murmered, his mouth suddenly found it’s way to her silky neck. “I’m the luckiest man alive.”

“Of course,” Buffy gasped as she rocked side to side, up and down her her husband’s delectable dick, “probably could have saved a lot of trouble. I’d have come around sooner or later you know? But, it’s okay,” she actually giggled as he began to cum inside of her, “the bribing of my neighbor was really quite, adorable.”

Spike began to groan, his voice was raspy, gutteral and nearly a growl in his wife’s ear.

“Bloody hell, baby,” he moaned as he finished his release in his wife’s hot, little cunny. “Just imagine how you would have reacted if I’d have ‘tapped’ your phone lines, like I wanted to?”


Later, they bathed together, taking their time to ‘really soak’ in the tub. Buffy rested between Spike’s taut, spred legs and the two let the warm water just wash over their entwined bodies.

Buffy’s folks hadn’t been ‘that’ adverse to her marrying the formidable William ‘Spike’ Williamson, apparently that is. Hank Summers had even insisted that Buffy bring the groom down, to LA, soon as possible to meet them. She, Buffy, would find out later, that both Hank and Joyce Summers had hoped for Buffy to marry and find some happiness, eventually. If it was with a British, ex-bad boy, then so be it. As long as he was good to their Buffy, no worries.



“Hungry?” Buffy asked coyly, not even turning to face her sopping wet man, whose legs she lay between. She tried not to smirk, hoping that her man would catch her little innuendo.

“Of course,” Spike chuckled, letting streams of water fall on her shoulders and breasts from his hands. “I could skip supper, head right for dessert, but I’m thinking you’re really hungry and I can’t have that, can I?”

Buffy giggled and finally turned her body around to face William. “No, can’t have that,” she chuckled along with him. “Wanna’ order pizza? And those hot wingys you love?”

Spike felt his heart skip three beats in his chest and he nearly began to cry. ‘Can’t do that, mate,’ he cautioned himself, ‘you don’t want your wife to know what a real ponce you are, do you? Especially where she’s concerned? She already knows you’ve written poetry to her, painted that pretty lousy portrait of her, allowed her to steal your heart and soul and…..’

But he was so in love with his Buffy, so head over heels crazy arse in love with her. The little ways she had; how she got excited to order pizza and hot wings, just because he, undeserving as he was of her, loved the chicken wings so.

“Yeah,” he whispered, his voice a little raspy and cracked with adoration for her, “I’d love pizza and hot wings, baby.”


Later, after they ate their simple supper, Buffy and Spike snuggled on the couch to watch some late night TV. They had decided to hit the precinct, early in the morning and see about Buffy getting authorization to get into Holden’s apartment.

While they watched Jay Leno, Buffy and Spike plotted their actions for the next day. Buffy had come up with a plan to get into Holden’s apartment and even plotted a way for Spike to go with her. She thought to tell the Captain that she’d left some personal item in the apartment, the last time they were there, investigating. Of course, this would be the perfect time to ‘announce’ her marriage to Spike, so there would be no question as his going with her. To retrieve the personal items that is.

Spike and Buffy strolled into the Sunnydale Police Precinct at precisely 8:00 AM the next morning. He wanted to hold Buffy’s hand, while they strode through the hallways, but she thought better of it. ‘Not very professional,’ she had reasoned and he supposed she was right.

They got odd looks, the Williamsons, as they walked through the hallways, in and out of the elevator and into Buffy’s superior’s office. Spike supposed that the onlookers, all of them, remembered days earlier when he had dashed, solo, like a mad man into Giles’ office. Now, however, the onlookers just nodded and smiled at the couple, oddly, yes, but friendly, still.

“Captain Wilkens,” Buffy greeted her superior, “uhm, I’m back and well, I’ve got a favor to ask but first…..” She turned and grinned at William, warmly, “I’m married now, to William Williamson and I just wanted you to be one of the first ones to know.”

The Captain looked momentarily stunned, but then stood up to shake both Buffy’s and Spike’s hands. “Well,” Captain Wilkens smiled, genuinely, “that’s just great, congratulations, Summers, I mean, Elizabeth. Or should I call you Williamson now?”

“Buffy’s fine,” she smiled at her boss, “it was always fine. Summers is so, uhm, well, it lacks a sense of personal, you know?” The Captain smiled, sheepishly, “yeah, I know. Buffy it is then.”

Xander Harris took that precise moment to burst into the office, his face was a mix of stunned, sick and angry. “What the fuck is ‘he’ doing here, Buff!” Xander glared at Spike angrily, “I thought Angel made it clear that this guy is bad news Buffy? Are you fuckin’ nuts?”

Spike didn’t hesitate, he grasped Xander Harris by this shirt collar and shoved the larger man up against the nearest wall. His blue eyes radiated heated rage.

“Don’t ever talk to my wife like that, whelp,” Spike hissed, trying to keep his voice level down, somewhat. “I’ll rip you a new one, you ever even raise your voice to my girl, got it?”

Xander stood, back pinned against the wall, his gaze switching from Spike, to Buffy, to the Captain, then back to Spike again. Buffy’s dark-haired partner looked encapable of speech, well, at least for a moment or two. His dark eyes were wide in shock and his mouth was open wide, like a hooked, wide-mouthed fish.

“Married?” Xander finally gasped, or choked as the case may be since Spike’s grip was choking off some of his necessary air.

“Married,” Buffy responded gleefully, pointing to her left ring finger and the slim gold band there.

“Yeah,” Spike concurred with a smart smirk and a menacing growl, “married. And I’ll be glad to show you my wedding band, indented onto your bloody jaw, mate. I’m left-handed and if you ever talk to my Buffy like that again, you’ll be wearin’ my wedding band’s imprint on your stupid face.” With that, Spike let Xander loose and joined his wife again, by her side.

“Harris,” Captain Wilkens sighed with exasperation, “isn’t there some errant sandwich, a lost bagel, something that you can go scrounge about for?” He gave the still shocked police detective a ‘get the fuck out of here’ glare.

“Uhm, yeah,” Xander stammered, staring over at the newly married Williamsons, “I’ve got business elsewhere. See ya’ around,” he muttered and escaped through the office door.

“He’s a good guy, really,” Captain Williams mumbled, “a bit dense, true, but honest and he tries, I guess.”

“Captain?” Buffy interjectected, “there’s a little matter of something I ‘lost’ at the Webster murder scene? I need to get a key, from someone and get my stuff?”

As Spike and Buffy walked out of the precinct building, Spike clasped Buffy’s arm in his. “Brilliant,” he chuckled to his beautiful wife, “absolutely amazing you are. You side-stepped every move, baby. You are an exquisite woman; wife, future mother to my babies, oh yeah, and detective extraordinary.”

“Thanks, honey,” Buffy giggled, “but one question? You do have the ‘key’ right?”

“Right,” Spike responded firmly.

They got to Holden’s apartment complex and were immediately met by Warren Meers. He didn’t seem really concerned, nervous, or, interested for that matter.

“Hello, Miss Summers, Mr. Williamson,” Meers greeted with a respectful nod. “I received a call from your Captain Wilkens, he told me to let you into the Webster unit, with the complex master key.”

The man, Meers, shuddered momentarily, “so gruesome,” this door man muttered. “Poor Miss McClay. Never understood her connection to Mr. Holden Webster, scumbag that he was.”

Buffy felt William flinch and she jumped to his family’s defense. “My ‘husband’s’ cousin was not a nice man, Mr. Meers,” Buffy said evenly, “however, I’d appreciate it if you’d be more sensitive to Mr. Williamson’s feelings?”

“I am so sorry, Miss Summers, I mean Mrs. Williamson,” Warren Meers stammered, “I didn’t mean to offend. And, congratulations on your marriage. It’s a wonderful thing, truly.” The curly haired, stocky man gave the newly weds a ‘benevolent’ smile.

“It’s okay, mate,” Spike chimed in, “Holden was very capable of being a scumbag. On numerous occasions.” He nodded at the door man, who appeared to be truly sorry for his hasty words.

“Here we are,” Meers sighed, seemingly happy to be able to change the subject. He opened the door of the crime scene and shuddered in near fear.

“Awful thing,” Meers muttered, “just awful. The landlord lost two more tenants, on the next floor below, because of this horrid situation.”

“We won’t be long,” Buffy broke into Warren’s ramble, “just a few minutes or so. Thank you, Mr. Meers,” she gave him a kind smile.

After the intrusive door man departed, Buffy led William right to the vanity in the corner of the front room. She sat at the little velvet covered chair that matched the color of the vanity and watched her husband pace about for a moment or two.

“Let’s do this,” Spike muttered, almost apprehensively, “get it over with.” He handed his wife the ‘key’ and nodded at the vantiy.

“Me?” Buffy asked in awe.

“Yes,” Spike assured her, “it has to be you. I’ll just stand here and be anxiously sick.” He did smirk at her and this seemed to give Buffy courage.

She placed the key into the lock of the vanity and both she and Will sighed in relief when there was a clicking noise from it. The key indeed opened the vanity and once unlocked? Buffy reached out and almost reverently opened the panels that held the mirrors to the antique piece of furniture.

What they found did not really surprise them, but it did ‘awe’ them, just a tad.

Of course, being an antique vanity, there were various empty holders, or built in nooks and crannies in the interior of the piece. Small drawers, bobby pin and perfume holders were abundant, at least ten of them on the base of the table. Shelves, six in all decorated the sides of the mirrors, which were in marvelous shape, for something so old.

However, it was not the holders, shelves or appliques on the vanity that mesmerized Buffy and Spike. It was the neatly rolled documents that inhabited three of those shelves that caught the couple’s attention.

Buffy quickly clasped the ‘first’ rolled document and unfurled it, never even taking a breath. She glanced at her handsome husband, who nodded his encouragement to her.

“I’m scared,” Buffy whispered, suddenly, gazing back up at William. “I’m really afraid for some reason,” she added nervously.

“So am I,” Spike admitted reluctantly. “Here, let me read this one first,” he ordered gently. “I’ll read it out loud.”

Buffy nodded and handed her husband the first document, appropriately enough numbered #1 on the outside of it.

Spike anxiously opened the paper and began to peruse it, reading the words as he scanned them.

(Holden’s written words will be in apostrophes during this part. Hope it isn’t too confusing)



‘Hey Spike:

If you’re reading this? I’m deader then a door nail, right? Okay, I’ll accept that. Pretty clever, huh? For me to stash this ‘tell all crap’ in Gran’s old vanity? You’re pretty smart, you and old Wes to figure out the clue, eh?

Anyway, I’m dead, I get that. I can’t figure out who finally nailed me, but hey, so be it. Maybe I’m an old man by now and died of natural causes? Okay, maybe not.

Listen, Cousin, I’ve got a lot to put down on this paper shit, so please, stick with me. It’s important. To me, to our family, to a lot of people that matter to me.

First off, believe me when I tell you, I always looked up to you, thought you were an all right dude. Or, bloke, as you, your Pops and my Dad would say. I can trust you with this ‘list’ even if I can’t trust anyone else.

Let’s get down to business here:

On this List #1, I will write down a few names that are of the utmost importance to me.

1) Harley Holden Webster:

My only child, my son with Amy St. Claire, who I want,
No, make that, I need protected by the ‘family’ at all
Costs. I want everything I have, everything, liquidated
And invested, somewhere, for my boy.

But, above everything, I want my son protected, to the
End. Along with his mother, Amy.

2) Amy St. Claire:

I cannot explain my ‘connection’ to Amy St. Claire, other then the fact she is the mother of my son. There’s more,
Much more, but it’s not important, right now anyway. Suffice to say, I ruined Amy’s life, and I do owe her, so, I’m asking the
‘family’ to honor my wishes and make sure that Amy and
our son together are protected and safe.

Like I said, Amy is the connection with my son and that’s
Enough information for now.

3) Now, before I go into anymore about my ‘ex’ and our son,
Need to mention another person I need the ‘family’ to make sure is protected and secure.

Her name is Elizabeth ‘Buffy’ Summers and she is a police officer at the Sunnydale Police Department.
I know, it’s weird, but I need this woman protected, for
Many reasons and I’ll put a few down here.

Buffy Summers is Amy’s biggest ally. She would
Protect my son’s mother at all costs and therefore,
Can be counted on to protect Harley, too.

Also, to be honest, Buffy Summers is ‘hot’ with a
Capitol ‘H’ and you know me, Cousin, I can’t resist a
‘hot’ woman. Especially when that woman is beautiful
and sexy and, well, tough in all the right ways!

Truth is, as much as Summers thinks I hate her? I think
She’s a delectable little piece of ass that would have
Made me a bundle if she was just not in the ‘wrong’
Line of work. Enough of this.

There’s more, about Summers I mean. You must
Know, since I’m dead and you’ve read my other will,
That I left a pretty nice amount of cash to Miss
Summers. There’s a reason for this and I hate to admit
It, but, it’s not a real noble reason. Mainly, it’s me,
Holden Webster, trying to get my last shot at some kind
Of redemption in this world, before I uhm, ‘rise’ to the
Next world? (Hopefully that is)

Buffy Summers is a solid person. A good, honest
(fucking shame, really) woman that I’ve injured in a
number of ways.

I won’t go into all of that crap, but I will say this;

If I had not interfered in Officer Summers’ life, she
Would probably still be married, happily (or maybe
Not) and have, at least a healthy, happy child by
Now.

It was me, Spike, that sent that banger after Thomas
Ford, Summers’ partner, to kill ‘him’ not injure her.
Buffy Summers was supposed to be behind a desk
And safe, not out in the line of fire.

Officers Summers-Finn would never have been hurt
Or lost her baby if she was at her desk job, like she
Was supposed to be, but something went really
Fucking haywire.

I’ll finish this ‘document’ on this note, but I’m
Directing you to the next ‘two’ documents in
The holders of this vanity. Please, bro, read them
And give them to Wesley, for safe keeping and all.

Old Wes will know what to do with them. The
‘list’ is a compilation of names and ‘monikers’
even activities of these people, that have been
connected to me from the start.

If you have been in Sunnydale, CA for any
Length of time, then you might recognize some
Of these names and all. There are quite a few
‘celebs’ mentioned here, so be prepared.

Spike, I can’t tell you enough; the names on this
List, they are dangerous. Some of these people
Might pose a threat to the ‘family’ but more then
That? They ‘will’ pose a threat to my son and his
Mother.

Because of that, they’ll pose a threat to Buffy
Summers, herself. Like I said, Summers might
Be my last shot at redemption. My ace up my
Sleeve in the ‘Hereafter’, so to speak.

On that note, before you open letter #2, may I make
A suggestion?

Go check out the delectable Buffy Summers, if you
Haven’t had the pleasure of meeting her already.

She’s a pain in the ‘arse’ as you’d call it, but
Fuck it all! What a woman!’


A/N: This chapter is all disjointed, I know, but it was fun to write and I needed fun this time! Thanks for reading, please review.
Luv, spuf