A MURDER IN SUNNYDALE


Chapter 45: ‘Buffy’s Biggest Fans!’


A/N: Thank you to everyone who has stuck with this fiction. It’s very close to the end now.


“So,” Spike Williamson began, beaming with pride at his Mum and Dad, “what do you think of my Buffy?” He didn’t need to really hear their reply, of course, he knew his folks adored his wife on first sight. Especially since they’d witnessed the aftermath of his Buffy’s kicking the shit out of her ex, Riley Finn. And right in the middle of their apartment, no less.

“I think that she’s adorable, darling,” Anne Williamson gushed as she arranged her son’s pillow, for the tenth time that day. “Your Dad and I are pretty much your Buffy’s biggest fans. She is perfect for you, really,” Spike’s mother smiled warmly at her boy.

“Yes, I have to agree with your Mum,” Johnathan Williamson chimed in. “You know my feelings towards the police, of course,” the old man scowled momentarily, “so when we found out that your little wife, your Buffy kicked the crap out of this Finn fellow? Well,” the older Williamson chortled, “our Buffy is all right in our book, eh Annie?” He grinned at his still lovely wife of almost forty years.

“Like I said,” Anne Williamson nodded, even as she shot a warning look at her husband, “Buffy is perfect for our William. But then,” she added quickly, “our son knew that, didn’t you dear?” The blond haired woman looked at her only son, her oldest and smiled with great affection.

“Knew it the first time I laid eyes on my Princess,” Spike grinned at his mother, then his father. “She’s my salvation, Buffy is,” Spike continued with a sigh of contentment. “It was fate that brought me to Sunnydale and…”

“And here I thought it was family pride,” Buffy interjected as she entered her husband’s hospital room. The blond police woman wore her Will’s leather duster and it just hung on her. Overwhelmed her actually.

“Hi baby,” Spike gushed, as he held out his arms to his wife. Buffy hurried over to her husband’s bed and snuggled down into his arms. She seemed to be ‘carrying’ something hidden in the duster, but Spike decided to wait it out and see what it was.

“Hello dear,” Anne, Buffy’s mother-in-law greeted the woman warmly. The older woman took Buffy’s free hand in hers and held it tightly. “We’ve just been telling William how we’re just thrilled with your marriage. You’re perfect for our son.”

“Well, thank you, Anne,” Buffy began, sincerely grateful for her mother-in-law’s kind words. Her father-in-law quickly interjected.

“So,” Johnathan Williamson began, his dark brows scrunched up together, a habit his son must have picked up from him. Buffy had noticed that her husband and his father had a lot of similar traits.

“What’s going on? With this whole mess down at your office?” the older man asked, all businesslike. His criminal curiosity getting the better of him, apparently.

“Not much more then a couple of days ago,” Buffy shrugged at the older, quite intimidating man before her. “The cops involved with Holden Webster are all in jail, of course. Angel O’Connor is out on bail, but supposedly, he’s laying low for now. Riley?” Buffy grinned at her in-laws and husband, “he’s still in the hospital room, just down the hall. When he’s ready to be released? Well,” Buffy giggled girlishly, “he’ll be sent right to the county jail. Pity,” Buffy snorted.

“How’s that baby?” Spike asked, a little jealous that his wife might harbor some compassion for her ex. No matter how much Buffy beat the bloody hell out of Riley, Spike didn’t like this ‘pity’ crap she was spouting.

“Well,” Buffy sighed, a little too neatly, “cops, ex or otherwise? Corrupt or otherwise? They’re not too popular with inmates in any prison facility. Poor Riley will probably get the crap kicked out of him in less then twenty-four hours!” Buffy finished with a little sigh that barely masked the sarcasm in her tone.

The three other people in the room, Buffy noticed, were just a little too happy about this turn of events. However, it was hard for her, Buffy Williamson, to give a rat’s ass. Riley had betrayed them all, especially her. He had allowed Buffy to give him her heart and plan a future with him. Who was the now ‘ex-cop’ to mislead his wife so and then help plan another cop’s murder? It was just a little too fucked up for anyone, especially for Buffy, now or ever.

Buffy couldn’t help herself, she began to laugh, a little too loudly. “Poor Riley,” Buffy snorted, ignoring her husband’s jealous glare, “he’s such loser, really,” she finished with a warm smile at William. This last statement seemed to placate Will and Buffy was glad for that.

Spike smirked, happily, matching his father’s expression. All was well, at least for the moment. His beautiful wife knew who the real winners were. Them!

It was at that moment that the other three people in the room noticed the movement beneath Spike’s leather duster that now adorned Buffy’s petite body. They eyed the in motion leather as Buffy blushed profusely.

“What’s this?” Johnathan asked, confused at the sight of the movement and the sound of the yips coming from under the duster.

“It’s Winston,” Buffy whispered as she shushed her father-in-law. “I snuck him in to see Will,” she explained as she glanced about the room and through the door.

“Coast is clear, Winston,” Buffy giggled as she reached inside the duster and pulled a tail wagging puppy out. “Here’s Daddy,” Buffy cooed, handing the furball to her husband.

“Hey Winston,” Spike greeted the little furry, hero, affectionately. “Thanks, boy,” he added as he snuggled the puppy, “for helping my Buffy out. With the great ponce, Riley Finn that is.”

While William played, enthusiastically with the pooch, Buffy went on to explain some things to her in-laws. She noticed that her father-in-law appeared to be quite interested in her words.

“Amy St. Claire is still in Arizona,” she told the Williamsons. “She and her son are going to stay there, for a while. I’ve set up a CPA, a real solid guy, to help her, when she comes back to Sunnydale. I thought it was the least I could do, for your nephew’s child? Help her liquidate the Webster Sunnydale assets?”

“I hope that was okay?” Buffy asked, almost shyly of the Williamson Family patriach. “I mean, since none of the family seems interested in taking over Holden’s…”

“It’s fine, Buffy dear,” Johnathan Williamson broke in with a charming smile. “I’m sure Holden would have approved and I know my brother would want nothing but the best for his son’s child, or his mother. And,” the older man sighed, “as I’ve told you and William, it’s time to let this go. I myself am more interested in ‘our’ business dealings in Europe so…”

Buffy nervously changed the subject quickly. Having resigned herself to the fact that this was her Will’s family’s problem, all this intrigue and illegal business.

‘As long as Will never gets caught back up in the ‘Family’ nonsense, I’ll deal,’ Buffy assured herself.





“Who’s the number cruncher?” Will asked, suspiciously, with a little frown on his handsome face.

“His name’s Parker Abrams,” Buffy quipped quickly. “Best damn accountant in Sunnydale,” she added. Buffy gave William a warning look and the man apparently decided to let the subject drop. For the moment, anyway.

“Well, that put aside,” Anne Williamson began, carefully, “what I want to know is just what your plans are?” She glanced at Spike and Buffy, hopefully.

“We,” Spike began, then hesitated, glancing at his wife, petting the puppy, Winston. “Tell them baby,” he urged his wife.

“We thought we’d give London a go,” Buffy finished for her husband. “Frankly,” she continued, “I’m a little burned out on the cop thing. Thought I’d try being a pub owner’s wife for a while?”

The look of pure joy in her in-laws faces nearly caused Buffy to break out in tears of relief.. She glanced at Will, who was just beaming with adoration for her.

“Are you sure,” Spike asked in a hushed, quiet voice.

“Positive,” Buffy assured her husband.

“Well, you know,” Spike began with a smirk, “you are ‘half owner/partner’ in Spike’s Pub. Kind of got the title, with the marriage and all,” he finished with a genuine smile.

“True,” Buffy murmered, her thoughts suddenly fell to the ‘pub’ and all of the renovations she could make. Once she got over to London, England and…

“Princess?” Spike tried to break Buffy from her inner thoughts. “What are you thinking baby?” he asked, a little warily.

“Oh,” Buffy sighed dreamily, “just about London. The pub, our pub that is and all the ‘things’ we can do to it. To make it better I mean,” she added with a smile.

“Now, wait a minute, Buffy,” Spike began, anxiously, “the pub is just fine as is. We don’t need to ‘do’ a thing to it.” He started to say something, again, when he was interrupted by the door, opening quickly and Dawn Summers Crawford bursting through it. Behind her, followed Joyce and Hank Summers, along with Connor, Dawn’s husband following up behind them.

“You must be Johnathan Williamson,” Hank Summers greeted his counter part (in illegal that is) from across the Pond. “I’m Buffy’s dad, Hank Summers.”

While the two older men eyed each other, warily, at first,
Buffy was more then pleased when her father reached out his right hand and offered it in handshake to Will’s dad.

‘Thank God,’ Buffy sighed to herself. ‘That’s it Dad,’ she continued silently, ‘just make nice with the so called bad guy and make your oldest child happy?’



‘Thank you, again,’ Buffy sighed in relief to her higher Power as she watched the two men shake hands and begin to talk together, amicably. Joyce Summers hurried up to Anne Williamson and hugged her, gleefully.

‘Thank God for sensible females!’ Buffy thought with appreciation. The two matriachs had hit it off, right away, and this made Buffy very, very happy.

“Aren’t they just the cutest together?” Joyce asked Anne, warmly. “Our two bleached blond babies? They are truly soulmates, don’t you think? I truly believe that!” Joyce grinned at Spike and Buffy.

“Me too,” Anne gushed happily. “Can you just imagine what our grandchildren are going to look like? They’ll be gorgeous, huh?”

“Shoot me,” Buffy whispered to her husband in a low, hushed tone. “Just shoot me now and…” She was so embarrassed by this whole family display of mutual admiration.

“Too pretty to shoot and besides, I love you too much,” Spike countered as he took Buffy’s hand in his. “Here,” Spike grunted as he handed Winston to Connor Crawford and pulled his wife into his arms.

“Love you,” Spike said quietly, out loud to his wife, Buffy. He placed a nice kiss on his wife’s luscious lip.

“Love you,” Buffy replied as she allowed her husband to spoon her up against his wonderful body.


‘Two Months Later’


Spike Williamson stood on the ocean cliff, overlooking the mighty Atlantic. His wife, Buffy, was right next to him. The couple gazed out at the Atlantic, from the Cliffs of Dover, England that is.

He, Spike, held a bottle of Jack Daniels in his left hand and a snapshot picture in his right. Spike stared, somewhat somberly, out over the gray water.

“Go ahead,” Buffy urged her husband, gently. “You should just do this, baby,” she advised him.

“You’re right,” Spike nodded and sighed deeply.

“Holden,” Spike began, quietly, “we’re here to give you a real proper ‘send off’ mate. Make sure that everything’s up front and final, finally.”

Buffy patted Will’s arm and looked out over the stormy sea as her husband continued his eulogy.

“You were a good cousin, Hold,” Spike continued seriously, “a pretty screwed up human being, but a…”

“Will,” Buffy hissed, a little miffed at the disrespect of the dead. Even if it was Holden Webster they were eulogizing.

“Well, he was a pretty messed up bloke, baby,” Spike explained softly, “but a good cousin, so…”

Spike opened the Jack Daniels bottle and slowly poured the contents over the cliff into the Atlantic’s waters below. This was his own way of saying goodbye, finally, to his childhood friend and relative.

“Here’s to you, mate,” Spike murmered, then he tossed the snapshot of his cousin’s son, Harley, into the water below.

“Hope you got your redemption, Hold,” Spike whispered sincerely, glancing up to the Heavens above them.

“Really hope you made it, mate,” the blond man added, glancing downward to the depths of the earth below. Spike looked downwards, just to be certain that Holden would hear his hopeful words.

“Will,” Buffy gasped as she saw what her husband was doing. She was a little shocked that her William might even ponder the thought that his cousin had gone ‘below’ instead of ‘above’ even it was Holden Webster they were talking about here.

“Just to be sure Princess,” Spike explained with a raised left brow. “Never know ‘which way’ old Holden headed in the end, right?”


A/N: Short chapter, for me. The next chapter is the end (except for maybe a short, itsy bitsy epilogue after that), or maybe just a real long epilogue? Please read and review this. I’ve tried really hard to make this an interesting and thank you, to everyone who has read it.

Luv, Spuf