A MURDER IN SUNNYDALE


Epilogue:


A/N: All things must come to an end…or a new beginning?


Buffy Summers-Williamson watched her husband, Will, as he ran about their huge back yard. Will wasn’t actually running, more like walking fast, holding onto the hand of his and Buffy’s three-year-old son, Sean. Behind Buffy’s two ‘boys’ followed five Mastiff puppies, the three month old most recent litter of Winston and his mate, Winnefred.

Sean squealed with delight as the puppies tried their best to catch up to him and his father, their little yips echoing over the green lawn. Buffy laughed in delight when Ralston, the largest male pup caught up with Will and nipped his ankle, gently. She had to smile at old Winston and his Winnie, they seemed content to lay in the shade, by Buffy, and watch the goings on from there.

“At least ‘I’ have an excuse,” Buffy chuckled down at Winston, who looked up at her in adoration. “I’m pregnant, why aren’t you two out there romping about with them?”

Winston yawned and laid his huge head on his paws, nuzzling his massive body into Winnie’s slightly smaller one. Buffy shook her head and gazed at Will, lovingly, as he swept Sean up in his arms and headed over to the patio to join her.

“I thought Mastiffs loved to play?” Buffy asked with a raised brow at her husband. “Winnie and Winston seem content to just sleep all day. How come?”

Spike shrugged and reached for his beer that sat next to Buffy on the patio table. “Beats me, Princess,” he responded, then flopped down on the chair next to Buffy, still holding Sean in his strong arms.

“How’s baby today?” Spike asked, tenderly touching Buffy’s swollen tummy.

“Calm, surprisingly enough,” Buffy giggled and placed her hand over her Will’s. “She’s going to be the tranquil one, I’m sure of it.”

Buffy’s wonderful British doctor, actually a patron of Spike’s Pub, had already told the them that the baby was definitely a girl. William was estactic when he found out there'd be a little Buffy clone running about their house, located just outside of London.

“Still gonna’ call her Joyce?” Spike grinned at his beautiful wife as he sipped his beer.

“I think so,” Buffy nodded, “Joyce Anne. Yes,” she grinned back at him, “Joyce Anne it is.”

“Okay,” Will took Buffy’s hand with his free one. “Our mum’s will just love that. Oh,” he frowned for a moment, “got a letter from Mum and Dad today, from Brazil.”

Buffy flinched, just a bit and she noticed that her husband did also. She knew that Will hated the fact that his parents had to move about the planet so much. But, that was the price you paid when you walked on the wrong side of the law, so to speak.

Johnathan Williamson’s past illegal activities had finally caught up with him. Since that day, just after Sean was born, Will’s Mother and Father had fled England and were now ‘living’ abroad. Going from place to place, always ahead of the law, somehow.

“Poor Anne,” Buffy sighed sadly as she patted Will’s huge hand with her tiny one.

“Yeah,” Spike scowled briefly, “I hate my Mum having to run about the world like a gypsy, but that’s the choice ‘she’ made, baby.” Spike really hated the whole situation, but on the bright side; his father was still technically a free man and his wife, Spike’s mum was with him.

“Thought maybe we’d meet up with Dad and Mum, maybe in Canada, sweetheart? Next year, after our little angel is born? What do you think?”

“I think yes, Will,” Buffy nodded, leaning her head back against the chair. “I miss them, both of them,” she smirked, “even your Dad. He is rather charming you know?”

Spike chuckled deeply, “yeah, that he is. Like I said, at least he is a free man, still. Not like the losers we left back in Sunnydale five years ago, eh, baby?”

“No, not like them,” Buffy snorted.

Angel O’Connor, the ex-Assistant District Attorney, was still doing time in prison. He’d likely be stuck in there for years to come.

Riley Finn, Buffy’s ex-husband, would still have been in prison, now, probably longer then Angel. However, and Buffy did feel ‘sad’ about this, Riley had killed himself, only months after being convicted of various crimes against the State.

The others, Scott Hope, Marcie Ross, Doyle? They were all doing various sentences for their nefarious crimes.

“God, what a mess,” Buffy sighed sadly as she remembered the people that ‘used’ to be her friends, kind of. “Thank God we got out of that place,” Buffy added with a small smile.

“I agree,” Spike nodded, bringing Buffy’s tiny hand up and kissing it. “Sean!” Spike called to his boy, “don’t tease that pup!”

Sean was making Rupert, the smallest male pup chase his tail. The crazy antics of the puppy were causing little Sean to giggle hysterically.

“Okay Daddy,” Sean called back and left the puppy to run after a duck that was waddling about the little pond.

‘Daddy,’ Spike thought warmly, ‘always sounds so good,’ he thought. ‘Never thought I’d hear that title, at least addressed to me.’

The still bleached blond man gazed at his wife, lovingly. “You saved me,” he said quietly to Buffy.

“Huh?” Buffy asked, a little puzzled.

“You saved me, five years ago when I went to Sunnydale. You came down from Heaven and rescued me, Buffy,” Spike finished with a slight blush.

“Is this William the Poet, making a sudden appearance, darling?” Buffy giggled softly.

“Maybe,” Spike growled just a tad and pouted. He was always a little embarrassed when his poetic side showed up.

“Good, I like William the Poet,” Buffy giggled again, allowing her husband to pull her puffed body onto his.

“I like you,” Spike responded, kissing Buffy’s forehead tenderly. “Love you in fact.”

“Good thing,” Buffy chuckled, “with 1.5 kids and a mortgage on that place,” she paused and pointed at the huge house behind them. “It’s a damn good thing we love each other, don’t you think?”

“I know,” Spike laughed and hugged his pregnant wife to him.

“When does your Mum and Dad get to Heathrow?” Spike asked Buffy.

“Sunday, about noon,” Buffy sighed again. “I can’t wait to see them, but being seven months preggies wears me out. Dawn and Connor are bringing the kids and oh, brother, I’m worn out already!” Buffy sighed tiredly.

“We’ll be fine, baby,” Spike grinned at her. “You can do anything, luv. You have Sean, me, this little sprog,” he rubbed her tummy, affectionately. “You help me with our business, keep things running smoothly at the house? Buffy, you’re fucking amazing!”

“Will!” Buffy exclaimed, “I thought you weren’t going to curse anymore. We have kids now, honey and…”

“Sean’s yards away, sweetheart,” Spike chuckled, “he can’t hear us. Good thing too, cos’ I wanted to tell you how hot last night was and how much…”

“Okay,” Buffy shushed him, “I get it. Our love-making hasn’t suffered from the pregnancy. Thank God,” she giggled in a hushed tone.

“Yeah, too right,” Spike nodded in agreement.

“Will,” Buffy began carefully, “there’s something I need to tell you.” She began to chew on her bottom lip, nervously.

“What?” William asked, his blue eyes wide with sudden concern.

“About the ‘baby’ that’s coming,” she continued, hesitantly.

“Buffy, God, what is it? Is the baby all right?” Spike froze in fear, suddenly terrified that there was something wrong with Buffy’s pregnancy.

“Yes, yes,” Buffy assured him quickly, “it’s just that, well, you didn’t go with me, the last time? To the check-up I mean. Dr. Hastings, he found something out.”

“Buffy,” Spike murmered, his voice thick with fear, “tell me. What is it?”

“Twins,” Buffy whispered, averting her eyes from Will’s. She was worried that her husband might be a little concerned over ‘two’ babies at once.

“Twins!” Spike gasped, as he almost bolted up from the chair.

“Twins!” he repeated, stunned. Then, suddenly, his whole expression changed from shock, to joy.

“Twins,” William whispered, softly. “We’re going to have twins.” His tone was one of hushed awe. And happiness, very much of the happiness.

“Are you happy about it, Will?” Buffy asked cautiously.

“Of course, baby,” Spike hugged her even tighter to him. “I’m estatic! Honest!” He smothered his Buffy’s face with his own kisses.

“One’s a girl, the other’s a boy, honey. Hope that’s okay,” Buffy added, snuggling into her husband.

“It’s wonderful, baby,” Will replied in his tender ‘poet’s’ voice.

“Good, cos’ I’m not sending either one of them back,” Buffy giggled again, her voice muffled into Will’s neck.

“No, you’re not,” Spike chuckled.

‘Twins,’ he thought happily. ‘Another boy and a girl! Damn, life doesn’t get in better then this!’

Sean took that moment to join his parents on the patio. “Is Auntie Dawn bringing Connor and Callie with her, Mummy?” the little boy asked, his wide blue eyes filled with hope.

“Yes, she is, baby,” Buffy reached down and touseled Sean’s fair hair.

“Hurray!” Sean yelped and plopped down next to his parents on their lawn chair.

“Which reminds me,” Spike interjected, “Wesley called me, just yesterday at work. I forgot to tell you this, don’t shoot me, baby,” he pouted down at Buffy, when she gave her exasperated look.

“Seems that he and Cordelia are adopting another baby, from Cambodia this time. Wanted to know if it’s a girl, if you’d mind if they called her Buffy?”

“That’s great!” Buffy grinned, “but why would Wes and Cordy want to stick that baby with a name like Buffy?”

“They admire you, sweetheart,” Spike smiled at her. “Like everybody does.”

“Hmmm,” Buffy purred. “Oh, I got a letter from Amy and Andrew, just yesterday, too. There’s a picture of Harley in it. They’re all standing next to the Grand Canyon and looking like the picture of the All-American family.” She smiled, thinking about how things had finally turned around for sad, lost little Amy St. Claire.

“I don’t know why that Andrew bloke doesn’t just marry Amy and adopt Harley,” Spike shook his head. “The family certainly would understand if Harley wanted Andrew’s last name. Wouldn’t matter to me, that’s for sure. Holden never deserved the boy in the first place.”

“Well,” Buffy sighed, “I can’t speak for Amy, or Andrew, Will,” she continued. “If it’s meant to be, it’ll happen.”

“My sister, Dawnie, E-mailed me, last night. Guess who got married last month?”

“Who?” William asked.

“Parker Abrams and Anya Jenkins. I guess that when Anya needed some financial advice, it was fate that brought Parker to her. I’m glad for them, both of them. Anya deserved some happiness and Parker’s so quiet, so ‘safe’ that he’ll be perfect for her.”

Spike became very, very quiet and his mind deep in thought. Finally, he asked softly, “are you ever sorry, Princess? I mean that you gave up a safe bloke like Parker Abrams, for a guy like me?”

“Sorry?” Buffy laughed out loud as she looked into Will’s blue eyes. “Why? Honey,” she cooed as she peppered her husband’s handsome face with kisses, “I wouldn’t give up all this excitement,” she looked from Will, to Sean, then around the landscape. “I wouldn’t give ‘this’ up for anything in the world, much less safe, ever. I love you guys, love my life and love England.”


Spike grinned, happily, at his wife and son. Life really was just too damn good. Especially for a big bad bloke like him.

‘Big Bad,’ Spike snorted to himself, ‘that’s right. I haven’t been a big bad in years. Thank God,’ he added in relief.


FINIS



A/N: Thank you for everyone who read this and all of you who reviewed it. I hope I ended it okay. I’ll miss this fiction, but it was time to finish it.

Thanks to Ashlee for encouraging me, months ago, to keep at this fic.

I love you guys and hope you’ll take a look at my other fictions.

Luv, Spuf