Chapter 3


“Hey, how do you even know I was referring to me when I was talking about you using the bu…butt plug,” Spike said, laughing. “Oh my Slayer, you with a butt plug.”

“Shut up, Spike,” Buffy said.

She didn’t look back at him. He was on her heels just like a loyal dog.

“You already have a pole up your ass…Hey.”

Buffy shoved him against a wall with a forearm to his throat. She glared up into his snickering face. It would serve him right if she just dusted him right now. The only thing was she’d be alone in this place if she did. Still he didn’t have the right to make fun of her like that. Especially about sex and stuff. Her nose crinkled up at the thought of using some of those toys.

“I could make you feel like you never have before,” Spike said.

He stared into her eyes while his voice washed over her like warm velvet. Damn him. Why did he make her feel like this? Her lower belly cramped with excitement just from those words and the close proximity of his body. They were pressed together. Her weight pinning him to the wall except her weight didn’t hold him. He stayed there because he wanted to. She felt the tensing of his body as his breath caressed her face. Only a couple of inches and they’re lips would be touching. They would be kissing just like they did during the spell... over and over again. His hands on her body, skimming over her curves, cupping her breast right there in front of Giles. She flushed from the memories all the way down to her pink- tipped toes.

With a deep breath, she stepped back. It was this place. It had to be messing with her body. Maybe they had thrown in a lust spell as well. She, the Slayer, couldn’t actually be considering doing that with him. She looked him over then turned on her heel to run down the stairs. She waited for his chuckle, for a taunt to be thrown at her, but all she heard was a thump then his footsteps following her.

Maybe she wasn’t the only one that was confused. It stunned her for a moment to think that maybe he was teasing her because he liked her. After all it was one of the reasons that she kept being mean to him. If she kept pushing him away then he couldn’t get close enough to hurt her.

Her mind replayed the past year since the spell. The dance they kept doing. The hurtful words and actions but always he was there. Always ready to help her and protect. And she never sent him away.

She sighed, slowing down to give him time to catch up. But not wanting to appear like she was, Buffy stopped at the door to what she figured was the ballroom. It was longer than it was wide. Huge crystal chandeliers hung from the ceiling with candles that flickered their light against the highly polished floor. A grin lit up her face as she gazed down at that floor. It was so shiny and smooth. Almost like ice.

“What are you doing?” Spike asked.

“Taking my shoes off,” Buffy said.

He gave her a look that showed how much off her rocker he thought she was. She didn’t care. She needed the release. Dropping her shoes on the floor, she gathered the skirt over her arm. Grinning, she took off at a run, barely avoiding slipping as her stocking feet tried to find purchase on the marble. Halfway across the room, she leaned back and let herself slide. It was exhilarating to just glide without a care. Eventually she lost momentum and landed on her bum. She was laughing though.

“You okay?” Spike asked, walking toward her. He actually looked worried about her. It was sweet in a weird sort of way.

“I’m fine,” Buffy said. She stood and took his hands, pulling him to the back of the room. “Take those boots off.”

“I am not going to act like an idiot for your amusement.”

“Oh, come on, please,” Buffy said. “It’s fun.”

It was exactly what they needed to do. It was always fighting or patrolling or ignoring each other. Never did they talk or have fun. If there was something between them then, well, he needed to relax. She knelt in front of him, tugging on his leg.

“While you’re down there…”

“Spike, please, don’t be a smartass,” Buffy said. She glanced up at him and batted her eyes. “Just do this for me.”

She knew she’d won when he did that head roll thing. Clapping her hands she waited for him to tug the boots off. He threw them down to try and show her he was annoyed. But she saw the glint of devilment in his eyes.

“Ready?”

“You’re daft.”

“Don’t care,” Buffy said.

She grabbed his hand and started running again. He followed beside her, hand in hand. It felt good.

“Slide,” Buffy yelled, letting go.

It turned into a race to see who could go the furthest distance along the slippery floor. Buffy won the first round because her ice skating skills came into use. Of course Spike couldn’t accept that and it became a two out of three race. He won the second race and she the third. Although she suspected he let her win. It didn’t matter really who won to her. It was something they hadn’t done before and it was entertaining to watch him play.

Plus it was the first time she’d heard him laugh. Really laugh with a ‘from the belly totally out of fun’ laugh. It was loud and hearty so unlike the persona he wore to perfection. She wanted to hear more of it. See more of him playing. So, she started being silly to keep him in that mood. Pretending to be skating she performed a few pirouettes and turns that she added a little drama to that had him shaking his head and smiling. It was just plain fun until she ran into him…hard.

They went down in a pile with her on top. Her legs straddling his hips and everything changed between them. A threshold crossed that they couldn’t return from. Using her hands on his chest to prop her up, all she could register through her rapidly increasing libido was the feel of his hands cupping her hips. His fingers caressing her bottom making her gulp in awareness.

She stared into his eyes, only to see his matching desire. That glaze that came from a wanting deep in your soul.

Except he didn’t have one.

He was a vampire that was only held back by the chip in his head.

He was wrong for her.

She lowered her head anyway.

But found herself dumped onto the floor instead.


to be continued…