Chapter 5



They settled on the rug in front of the fireplace. Buffy arranged the plates while Spike lit a fire since a chill was creeping into the room. Spike had noticed that the snowfall outside their prison was falling heavier than it had earlier. He couldn’t even see the stars sparkling over the mountains in the distance making it seem like they were even more closed off than before.

Thankfully, Buffy wasn’t focused on the scene outside the window. She seemed almost content to be wrapped up in their dinner picnic. To make sure she was comfortable, Spike arranged the large pillows behind her and some on his side for him to lean on. When she shivered as he moved past her, he changed directions to head for the closet. He remembered seeing a large, soft shawl hanging on a hook. It was there and he brought it with him to drape over her shoulders.

“Thank you,” Buffy said, looking up at him in gratitude. “It didn’t seem to be this cold in here earlier.”

“It wasn’t,” Spike agreed, hunkering down across from her. “Did you try my pizzas yet?”

“Nope,” Buffy said, laughing. “I was waiting for you.” She picked one up, bringing it to her mouth with a small moan.

He watched as she chewed it with deliberate slowness. Soft sounds of satisfaction falling from those perfect, pink lips. The first cracker was soon gone and she was reaching for another one.

“So, you like it?” Spike asked taking a sip from the crystal goblet filled with blood that was the perfect temperature. All thanks to Buffy finding the carafe. Otherwise it would be cold and congealing already. This was turning out to be an almost perfect evening. It would be if only they could return home when they wanted to.

“I love them,” Buffy said, licking sauce off her finger. The brief glimpse of her tongue forced Spike to look away. He wanted to taste it with his own so much that it was becoming an ache that wouldn’t go away. His body had been humming for so long now; it was almost becoming comfortable to him. “Thank you again for feeding me.” She reached for a chocolate covered strawberry. “This is delicious,” Buffy declared after nibbling on it. She held the rest out to him. “Try it. It’s really good.”

Spike wrapped his hand around her wrist, bringing the strawberry to his mouth. She didn’t resist. Instead her eyes stayed glued to his. Lust darkening them to a rich emerald that threatened to drown him in their depths. “’Tis good, luv, really good,” Spike whispered after letting her fingertip slip from his mouth.

A rush of color flooded her cheeks while the air around them filled with another cloud of her sweet arousal. He wanted to take the chance and try to kiss her, but he was afraid. Afraid that she would push him away, that she would hate him when they left here. If only she had just once looked at him that way without the aid of one of Red’s spells, then he would go for it. But she hadn’t, so he didn’t.

For a moment neither seemed to know what to say to the other. Buffy’s face grew more troubled until she finally put down the bite of pineapple she’d been eating.

“I’m worried about Dawn,” she said, wiping her hands on a napkin. “The guys will try but they can’t protect her if Glory decides to attack.”

“I know, pet,” Spike agreed, setting his near empty glass down on the floor next to the rug. “It’s crossed my mind too.” He sighed, and sat up. “We really should be finding out if there is a way out of here. But looking outside I wonder if we’re in a real place or a conjured plane from Red’s imagination.”

“Do you think we’ll ever get back?” Buffy asked, her eyes filling up with tears. “I can’t just leave her alone. Not so soon after mom…”

When the tears started to fall in earnest, Spike forgot about his reservations, and pulled her to him. Buffy curled up against him. Her arms wrapped tight around him while her tears fell against the curve of his neck. He ran his hands soothingly along her back.

“Somehow it’ll be okay,” Spike said, hoping he wasn’t lying. “If Willow brought us here then she can probably bring us back if they need us. Glory’s been kind of quiet lately. Maybe there won’t be a problem until we can figure out how to get back or until they realize what they did and reverse the spell.”

“Do you think so?” Buffy sniffled.

He could feel the goose bumps springing up as he reacted to the whisper soft touch of her breath against his flesh. He shouldn’t be enjoying having her body pressed against his when so much was at stake. His mind should only be occupied with trying to find a way home instead of a way of seducing the girl in his arms.

“I think so,” Spike reassured her. He hoped so anyway. Buffy would never recover if something happened to Dawn while they were trapped in this spell. She would never forgive him, and she would regret anything that happened. No matter how good it had been. “Come on, pet, it’s not like there’s much we can do except try to survive. After we get some sleep we’ll explore this place from top to bottom again. See if we missed anything that’ll help us get home, okay?”

“Okay,” Buffy sniffled, pulling back. She pushed her hair away from her face then wiped the tears from her cheeks. Sighing, she reached for the bottle of champagne, pouring them both a glass. After handing him a glass, she raised her own. He took the glass she offered, watching warily as she raised her glass as if to make a toast. “Here’s to going home, and not freezing to death before we get there.”

“Here, here,” Spike agreed with a smile. “Not that I can freeze to death but wouldn’t want you to.” He glanced at her bosom for a moment to see how cold she was. Apparently, she was freezing. Her nipples were poking at the soft material of her dress. His tongue darted out as he longed to suckle them.

Her finger raised his chin. “I’m up here, Spike.” She was smiling though. He smiled back then she giggled. “It’s not like I’m the only one around here with…well, reactions.” She tipped her glass downwards toward his crotch to indicate the bulge his engorged cock was creating in the tight pants he was wearing.

“Might be more comfortable if I freed it,” Spike said, refusing to be embarrassed. He was proud of the large bulge his manly bits were creating. He grinned. “Feel even better if you…”

“Stop right there,” Buffy said, holding her hand up. “Don’t go there. No sex. No fondling. No kissing. No physical contact of any kind. Do you understand?”

“I understand your words but…”

“Argh,” Buffy shouted. “Why do you have to ruin everything by being a pig?”

“You’re the one who pointed out that I had a hard on to begin with,” Spike shouted back. “If you had just kept your own trap shut then we wouldn’t have been talking about it at all.”

“Oh, whatever,” Buffy exclaimed, scrambling to her feet. “I’m going to take a bath…alone.”

“Fine, wouldn’t want to bathe with you even if I was covered in ‘lopriqutin’ blood,” Spike groused, throwing himself back on the floor and flinging his arm over his eyes. It was a lie though; a big, fat lie that would make him miserable as he listened to her in the bathroom. He sighed when the door slammed shut. He groaned when the water started to run into the tub. His brows furrowed when he heard Buffy make a scream of frustration. Then he jumped to his feet when the door banged open and she came back into the room.

Buffy wouldn’t look at him as she made her way toward him. She stopped in front of him, then turned her back toward him so he could see the buttons that fastened the dress together.

“I can’t get the dress off,” Buffy whispered. “Would you do it for me?”


to be continued…