AN-: Just to clear up some queries and questions I have had…

Buffy & Spike are 17. They're going to college. In England, we have some schools that have a college within them. They're sometimes known as Sixth Form College. They're not at University, they're going to the sixth form college that is part of Buffy's old school. You could think of it as a high school that finished when your like 19 years old. Hope that clears things up. If any one has any more queries, PLEASE don't hesitate to email me.

Disclaimer-: I own none of the Buffyverse characters used in this story, or any of the fairytale characters or plots used in this chapter. (trust me. It’ll make sense when you read it!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first day back at college had gone pretty much as Buffy had expected. The teachers introduced their classes to what would be expected of them over the course of the year, and what topics they would cover. She and Spike had sat next to each other during the lesson, exchanging secret, intimate touches, whether it was a simple brush of Buffy’s fingers against Spike’s hand, or Buffy running her hand down to Spike’s crotch which almost got them caught as Spike jumped in his seat.

They gathered their books and left the classroom, fingers interlocked as Buffy rested her head against Spike’s shoulder as they walked.
“So where we off to next?” Spike asked Buffy as he took his timetable out from in between the books he was carrying under one arm.
“We’ve got English.”
“That’s on the top floor. Come on.” Buffy informed him as she led him towards the stairs. As they ascended Buffy bumped into someone walking past her and apologised, and the reply she got wasn’t the one she was expecting.
“Well well, if it isn’t Buffy Summers. I see you moved on from me rather quickly.”
Buffy didn’t need to look up to see who the voice belonged to, she didn’t even turn around.
“Piss off Parker!” She told him without looking back.
“Oh come on now Buffy, we both know you’ll come crawling back to me when its over. I give it a week, max.”
Buffy stopped and Spike whispered “Who is that git?”
“I’ll handle it.” Buffy smiled up at him and turned to face the guy who had been the biggest mistake of her life. She walked down the stairs slowly towards him.
“Parker…” she said smoothly and with a sexy smile, “if you don’t piss off, I’ll break something else…” she said, glancing down at his crotch. “…that is if there’s anything down there to break.” She turned from him and walked back up the stairs to join Spike.
“You’ve got quite a mouth on you Miss Summers.” Spike smiled down at her.
“…but you already knew that.” Buffy smirked lustily up at him. They walked up the last remaining steps, leaving a speechless Parker in their wake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy walked into her house after saying a lengthy and passionate goodbye to Spike on his doorstep.
“Mum! I’m home!” She called out as she shut the door and placed her keys on the hall table.
“Hey honey. I’m upstairs” Joyce called down. Buffy walked upstairs and dumped her bag in her room, before trudging down the hall to her mothers room and found her folding laundry on the bed.
“Hi sweetie how was your first day back?”
“It was good.”
“Oh um, your aunt called and asked if you could baby-sit Annie and Max for a few hours.”
“Um, sure” Buffy told her. She could baby-sit for her aunt and be home in time to be ready for Spike’s late night visit..
”Spike settle in OK?”
A smile formed on Buffy’s lips. “He settled in fine.” She replied.
Joyce looked at her daughter with raised eyebrows and a smile overcame her features.
“What?!” Buffy questioned her mother.
“I know that smile, what aren’t you telling me?”
“Nothing.”
“Come on Buffy Anne Summers, what are you hiding! There’s something going on between you and Spike isn’t there.”
“What…no…why…would you…” Then Buffy gave up trying to deny it. “How did you know.?”
“A mother can tell these sort of things.”
Buffy sat down on the edge of the bed and picked up a shirt and started folding it.
“How long have you two been together?”
“Just over a week.”
“Really! Why didn’t you say anything.”
“Well, we didn’t know how you’d react. I mean it was all kind of sudden, but also love at first sight.” Buffy smiled dreamily, remembering the first time she had seen Spike face to face and remembered how his hands felt on her skin, the first time they had touched, and how her heart had almost stopped the first time they kissed.

“Well from what I’ve seen Spike’s a good guy. I think you two are perfect for each other.” Buffy’s head was spinning. Her mother approved of her relationship with Spike, although Buffy was sure if she knew the things he had done to her, and she to him, she wouldn’t have been so approving.

“Do you think Aunt Jane would mind if Spike came babysitting with me. We’ve been set an English assignment to do for tomorrow.”
“I’m sure she’d be fine with it. Just let her know when you phone her to let her know you are coming.”
“Okay.” Buffy smiled and placed a kiss on her mothers cheek before turning and walking downstairs.

Buffy left her house twenty minutes later and walked out of her side gate towards Spike’s house. She was about to go around to the front when she saw him with his back to her, looking around in his glove compartment for something.
She crept up behind him and placed her hands over his eyes from behind and planted a small kiss on the back of his neck.
“Guess who?” Buffy whispered in his ear.
“Hmm, is it my insanely gorgeous girlfriend?” Spike asked.
“Quite possibly.” Buffy smiled as Spike brought his hands up to hers and took her hands in his, then turned around and caught Buffy by surprise by bringing his lips to hers and kissing her passionately until she was in need of oxygen. She rested her forehead against his and spoke softly.
“Do you like kids?”
“Huh!”
Buffy laughed at the look of shock in his eyes.
“I mean, I’ve got to go look after my cousins later and I was wondering if you wanted to come?”
“Oh.. ok, yeah sure. You sure your aunt won’t mind?”
“Course no, she said its fine. And besides we can do that English poetry thing when the kids have gone to bed. Plus it’d be great to have another pair of hands to help me get Max into bed. Annie’s as good as gold, but Max is at an age when he doesn’t want to do something, he won’t.”
“When are you going?”
“About seven. She’s only out for a few hours so we’ll be back by eleven.”
“Hmm and I wonder what we can do then.” Spike purred in her ear and started kissing her neck softly. He skirted his hands across her sides, and gripped her waist softly, pulling her body into hers and Buffy once more fell under the spell his lips placed her under. She ran her hand up his arm and into his hair and her grip tightened as he nipped at her ear lobe.

Buffy needed him closer, so she slowly tilted her head until she could touch her mouth to his again. His mouth covered hers hungrily and hotly. Buffy moaned and this seemed to fuel his desire even more. His hands were in her hair, holding her face to his as he kissed her. It felt like stars were exploding inside her body. The dull ache low in her stomach intensified into a sharp hollowness that begged for the relief only this man in her arms could bring. She pressed her lower body against Spike in an effort to assuage the need.

Spike tore his mouth from hers in an effort to get air into his starved lungs.
“What about your mum?” Spike thought as he realised they were still standing in direct view of both their houses and their parents could see at any time.
“She knows about us. She apparently could tell from just the look on my face when she asked how you were settling in at college. I’m just glad she doesn’t know the kind of settling in you’ve really been doing.” Buffy smiled sinfully against his lips.
“Yeah, me too Otherwise she’d be out for my blood!” Spike breathed as he crushed his lips to hers again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike pulled his Desoto up outside Buffy’s Aunt’s house and climbed out. Buffy knocked on the door and her Aunt opened the door and greeted Buffy in a hug.
“Hi honey. Thanks for doing this at such short notice.”
“That’s ok.”
“You must be Spike.” Buffy’s aunt extended her hand and Spike took it, shaking it warmly.
“Yes, pleased to meet you.”
Spike averted his eyes when he heard “BUFFY!” cried from down the hall, accompanied with the scampering of little feet on the floor and saw a young girl, in pink pj’s no older than four running towards them. Buffy leant down and scooped the girl up in her arms.
“Hey sweetie. You ok?”
“Yeah! Come see my painting for you.”
“Ok.” Buffy turned to her aunt.
“Bed by seven thirty for this one.”
“Yep. And get Max into bed as soon after that as you can. He’s quite tired but you know how that doesn’t stop him. I’ll be back by ten thirty.”
“Ok, see you then.” Buffy kissed her aunt on the cheek and shut the door behind her.
“What’s your name.” Annie asked Spike.
“My name’s Spike, I bet I know what your name is.”
“Don’t.” Annie giggled.
Spike shut his eyes tightly as if trying to figure it out. “I think your name is … Annie”
Annie giggled again. “How’d you know?”
“Magic.” Spike smiled at her.
“So where’s this painting?” Buffy asked her cousin.
“Through here…” she told them as she clambered down from Buffy’s arms and pulled her by the hand through to the play room. Buffy in turn grabbed Spike’s hand pulling him with her.

They were dragged into a play room that had toys strewn across the floor and various paintings drying on the table. Most were just great blobs of colour, but if you looked carefully you could define shapes in them, such as a sun in the sky shining down on a flower, or… possibly a person. Being only four years old, Annie soon got bored of painting on paper and turned her artistic talents to the walls of the playroom. Annie’s parents had recently redecorated the walls of the playroom with special paper that could be wiped off easily, and only gave the kids washable paint when they realised that no matter what they said or did, Annie would not restrict her paining to the confines of the paper placed in front of her.

Annie picked up a painting and thrust it in the direction of Buffy, who quickly stepped out of the way and held her hands out in front of her before the wet paint could be smeared up against her shirt. She took it and smiled at it.
“Wow. Its so pretty. Can I keep it?”
“Yep” Annie replied, accentuating the ‘p’ with a ‘pop’. “I’ve got loads more”
She told her as she climbed up on the chair again kneeling on it and leant across in front of her to retrieve a giant red crayon and drew a big circle on the paper.
“Isn’t there supposed to be another one?” Spike asked, and was answered with a flash of colour as Max sped into the room and dived into the small ball pool the kids had got from father Christmas last year.
“That answers my question.” Spike smiled and sat pulling Buffy down onto his lap and wrapping his arms around her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Twenty minutes later Spike carried a yawning Annie up to bed while Buffy had put herself on Max patrol and was chasing him through the house attempting to catch him and drag him up to bed.

Spike placed Annie into her bed. And pulled the covers up over her.
“Read me a story Spike.” She asked sleepily.
“What one would you like?” He asked her leaning down to her bookcase.
“red riding hood.”
“Ok.” Spike said and sat on the edge of the bed next to her as she cuddled into her plush toy dog.

“Once upon a time, there was a little girl who lived in a village near the forest. Whenever, she went out, the little girl wore a red riding cloak, so everyone in the village called her Little Red Riding Hood.
One morning, Little Red Riding Hood asked her mother if she could go to visit her grandmother as it had been awhile since they'd seen each other.
"That's a good idea," her mother said. So they packed a nice basket for Little Red Riding Hood to take to her grandmother.
When the basket was ready, the little girl put on her red cloak and kissed her mother goodbye.
"Remember, go straight to Grandma's house," her mother cautioned. "Don't dawdle along the way and please don't talk to strangers! The woods are dangerous."
"Don't worry, mommy," said Little Red Riding Hood, "I'll be careful."
But when Little Red Riding Hood noticed some lovely flowers in the woods, she forgot her promise to her mother. She picked a few, watched the butterflies flit about for awhile, listened to the frogs croaking and then picked a few more.
Little Red Riding Hood was enjoying the warm summer day so much, that she didn't notice a dark shadow approaching out of the forest behind her...
Suddenly, the wolf appeared beside her.
"What are you doing out here, little girl?" the wolf asked in a voice as friendly as he could muster.
"I'm on my way to see my Grandma who lives through the forest, near the brook," Little Red Riding Hood replied.
Then she realized how late she was and quickly excused herself, rushing down the path to her Grandma's house.
The wolf, in the meantime, took a shortcut...
The wolf, a little out of breath from running, arrived at Grandma's and knocked lightly at the door.
"Oh thank goodness dear! Come in, come in! I was worried sick that something had happened to you in the forest," said Grandma thinking that the knock was her granddaughter.
The wolf let himself in. Poor Granny did not have time to say another word, before the wolf gobbled her up!
The wolf let out a satisfied burp, and then poked through Granny's wardrobe to find a nightgown that he liked. He added a frilly sleeping cap, and for good measure, dabbed some of Granny's perfume behind his pointy ears.
A few minutes later, Red Riding Hood knocked on the door. The wolf jumped into bed and pulled the covers over his nose. "Who is it?" he called in a cackly voice.
"It's me, Little Red Riding Hood."
"Oh how lovely! Do come in, my dear," croaked the wolf.
When Little Red Riding Hood entered the little cottage, she could scarcely recognize her Grandmother.
"Grandmother! You voice sounds so odd. Is something the matter?" she asked.
"Oh, I just have touch of a cold," squeaked the wolf adding a cough at the end to prove the point.
"But Grandmother! What big ears you have," said Little Red Riding Hood as she edged closer to the bed.
"The better to hear you with, my dear," replied the wolf.
"But Grandmother! What big eyes you have," said Little Red Riding Hood.
"The better to see you with, my dear," replied the wolf.
"But Grandmother! What big teeth you have," said Little Red Riding Hood her voice quivering slightly.
"The better to eat you with, my dear," roared the wolf and he lept out of the bed and began to chase the little girl.
Almost too late, Little Red Riding Hood realized that the person in the bed was not her Grandmother, but a hungry wolf.
She ran across the room and through the door, shouting, "Help! Wolf!" as loudly as she could.
A woodsman who was chopping logs nearby heard her cry and ran towards the cottage as fast as he could.
He grabbed the wolf and made him spit out the poor Grandmother who was a bit frazzled by the whole experience, but still in one piece.
"Oh Grandma, I was so scared!" sobbed Little Red Riding Hood, "I'll never speak to strangers or dawdle in the forest again."
"There, there, child. You've learned an important lesson. Thank goodness you shouted loud enough for this kind woodsman to hear you!"
The woodsman knocked out the wolf and carried him deep into the forest where he wouldn't bother people any longer.
Little Red Riding Hood and her Grandmother had a nice lunch and a long chat.”
Spike looked down and saw that Annie was fast asleep. He climbed off the bed softly and turned out the light. He saw Buffy exiting Max’s room and she smiled at him wearily.
“That kid is impossible to get to bed.” She sighed.
Spike kissed the top of her head before walking downstairs with her.
“You know what I didn’t realise. How screwed up fairy tales really are. I mean they’re written for children but they’re all about people being eaten by wolfs, kids pushing an old lady into an oven and cooking her…”
“Yeah but the she did have it coming to her.” Buffy smiled up at him as they collapsed onto the living room sofa.

“Are you sure you don’t mind doing this?” Buffy asked him.
“Do I mind spending time with the woman I love? Let me think about that. Oh yes it’s such a harsh punishment.” Spike flashed her a smile that sent shivers down her spine.
“Oh I could punish you.” Buffy whispered softly in his ear.
“Did you say your mum was gonna be out all night?” Spike asked, lust filling his eyes.
“Yeah at the gallery… why?” Buffy asked innocently. “Do you plan to have your wicked way with me?”
“Oh you just try and stop me.” Spike purred in her ear, running his tongue along the lobe and sucking at it gently. He ran his tongue down her neck and kissed the skin where the vein pulsed underneath. Buffy let out a hiss of pleasure and Spike sucked the area over the vein and Buffy’s lower body ground into him as he ran his teeth over it. She didn’t know why, but whenever Spike kissed that spot it always sent a rush of pleasure straight to her core. Buffy ran her hands up his arms, took his face in her hands and pulled his lips to hers in a desperate, passionate kiss.
“Oh god Spike. We have to stop.” Buffy gasped. “If we don’t…my self control is gonna fade.” Buffy stared deeply into his eyes.
“Losing control is good.” Spike smirked and lowered his lips to the valley between her breasts and licked a hot path up to her lips again.
“I know…but the kids are just upstairs.” Buffy mumbled against his lips. Spike pulled away quickly and got up off the sofa and started to leave the room.
“Wait Spike I didn’t mean it like…”
“I know…its ok. I just have to get some fresh air. And your right, the kids are upstairs and if I stay with you, my self control will also disappear.”
Buffy looked at him with an amused shocked look. “Well that’s the poorest self control I’ve ever seen!”
“Trust me when I say you’d know when I’d lost all self control.” Spike smirked and left Buffy with images of Spike that should not be thought of in a house that held two sleeping children upstairs. Speaking of which….

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy quietly closed the door after checking on Annie and Max and went downstairs and opened the door to find Spike sitting on the doorstep a burning cigarette between his forefinger and thumb. Buffy had found out Spike smoked a couple of days after they first met and although previously she had hated the smell, with Spike it was different. The smell lingered lightly on Spike in an appealing way, and she found it…well sexy. Especially the way he could exhale smoke out of his nose.
Buffy left the front door ajar so that she could hear the kids if they called out but kept the cool night air out. She sat down next to Spike and rested her head against his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around her and she realised that this was what she had been without for the whole of her life. Someone she could sit with without words being exchanged, someone who could make her feel like she was the only person in the world, someone who made her happy and feel loved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN-: I’m so sorry it took so long for me to update. I’ve had exams and my family have announced that we’re moving so we’ve been trying to get the house sorted and up for sale. Plus works been a bitch, loads of essays and coursework deadlines to meet.

I cannot even begin to tell you how much your reviews meant to me. When I read them it was so amazing. They made me feel so happy.

This chapter is dedicated to Sarah, Franchesca, Jenn, Caroline, Cee, TammyAsh666, BuffyandSpikeForever, bint, songgal1, Lacey Marsters, Mimi, sarah g, Cordy Kitten, blondiebear and katj.

And special thanks goes to Seraiza, Allison and Crystal Pegasus for their heartfelt concern that I take care of myself and don’t work too hard. I love you all!!!!!!!!!!

The ‘Little red Riding Hood’ story I used, I got from the website DTLK’s printable crafts for kids ( http://www.dltk-kids.com/ ).