This chapter is dedicated to Cordykitten, Crystal Pegasus, Sevvy_O, mimi, Jenn, Bint, BuffyandSpikeForever, Allison, Alexandra, Lacey Marsters, willow mouse and sarah g. Thankyou for your reviews guys. I love you all so much!

Disclaimer-: I own none of the Buffyverse characters. I simply put the ideas floating in my head on to paper and give it to you on a silver platter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first week back at college had gone by slowly, just like it used to when she was at school. Although the hours that she wasn’t at school had seemed to fly by when she was wrapped in Spike’s embrace. It was now Friday and Buffy had decided she owed Willow some girl’s time, and tonight they were going to head to Lush to check out the new band that was playing, rent some movies on the way home, and gossip like they used to.

Buffy, Spike, Willow and Xander were sitting outside by the sports field where some kids in the lower years of the school were playing football. A couple of tables away Anya sat studying a History book, and picking at her lunch, and Xander had been stealing glances at her ever since she had sat down, and this didn’t go unnoticed by the others.
“Why don’t you go talk to her mate?” Spike asked him.
“Yeah what’s the worst that could happen?” Buffy added.
“Um I don’t know, how about I make a complete fool of myself and lose any chance of her ever speaking to me again.”
“Well you won’t know unless you try, so get your butt over there and turn on that illusive Xander charm.” Willow gave him his marching orders.
“Or we’ll talk to her for you, and that doesn’t exactly make a statement about your manhood does it?” Spike gave him a sly smile.
“Okay, okay…I’m off.” Xander turned and got a few feet away then turned back.
“But what if…”
“GO!” All three of them chorused.
“Right…” and Xander turned and strolled over to Anya.

Xander approached Anya slowly, but she turned and smile at him before he had even opened his mouth to speak.
“So uh History…that’s gotta be a fun subject…what with all the dates and facts…”

From their vantage point to the conversation, Spike groaned and banged his head on the table, “No, no, he did not just start the conversation like that. I gotta go help him…” Spike said and started to stand to rush to his defence, when Buffy caught his arm.
“Stay. He needs to ‘assert his manhood on his own’ isn’t that what you said?”
“”Yeah, but come on, the guy needs some help.” He groaned.
“We’ll stick it out until he starts to quote film characters, then we go in and save him. Deal?” Willow asked.
“Fine” Spike gave in.
Buffy rewarded him by placing light kisses on his jaw. “Thanks.” She whispered before meeting his lips in a soft, passionate kiss.

Over at Anya’s table, Xander decided to take the plunge.
“Okay, here’s the thing, I came over to ask you out on a date.”
Anya sighed. “Well…”
She was interrupted by someone shouting “HEADS”, a ball flew straight at Anya from the game on the field, and her hands flew up to protect herself, but she felt no impact at all. She cautiously pulled her hands away and saw Xander holding the ball, inches from her face.
She smiled up at him. “How does tomorrow night sound?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that evening, Willow pulled Buffy into her room and sat her down on the bed before she had a chance to knock at her bedroom door.

“Spill.” She ordered.

“Huh, what?” Buffy asked as Willow climbed onto her bad and sat cross legged opposite Buffy.

“You know what.” She told her with a sly grin.

“I don’t know what you’re implying Miss Rosenburg.”

“How far have you and Spike gone?” Willow asked her.

A smile that she couldn’t contain formed on her lips.

“Pretty much as far as you can go.” She grinned at the memory.

“Oh my god!” Willow cried. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I’m sorry, I meant to but this is the real first chance we’ve got to talk properly, and… I don’t know…I’m sorry.”

“Pfft, I’m over it! What was it like?”

A shiver coarsed through Buffy at the memory.

“It was…” She struggled to find the right words. “…unbelievable.”

Willow smiled at her best friend, she was happy that she had found someone she loved enough to give herself to completely.

“When did this happen?”

“Last week. That night we went out to the cinema.”

“But you’d only known Spike for like a night!”

“I know, but it was like…god I don’t know…like we’d known each other forever. The way he knew my body…”

“Well you know how I believe in past lives and all that occult stuff. Maybe you were lovers in a past life and you’re soul’s have found each other again.” A dreamy look came over Willow’s face.

“You know, normally I’d say that you’d been watching too much TV, but…I don’t know…there’s something about Spike that makes me think that might be true.” Buffy smirked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just before noon the next day, Buffy walked through her front door and placed her overnight bag at the bottom of the stairs. She walked into the kitchen to find her mother making coffee, the sweet aroma wafting across the room. Joyce turned at the sound of her daughter entering the room.

“Morning honey. D’you have a good time at Willow’s?”

“Yeah, it was great.”

“Do you want some coffee?”

“Mm, please. I’ve got some English essays to do today and I’m not gonna be able to stay awake.”

“Why don’t you have a little sleep later on then?” Joyce suggested as she handed Buffy a cup of coffee.

“Sounds like a good idea, I was gonna take Spike up to the ridge later to watch the sunset.”

“It’s really beautiful up there.”

“I know, so I’m not sure what time we’ll be back.”

“Okay, well not too late, make sure you’ve got your phone.”

“Yes mum.”

“I’ll see you later.” Joyce placed a kiss on the top of Buffy’s head.

“Where are you off to?”

“Didn’t I tell you?”

“Well if you had told me I wouldn’t be asking ‘where are you off to.” Buffy smiled.

“Oh sorry sweetie, well I’ve gotta go to the gallery cos there’s a shipment coming in of rare African tribal artwork. I don’t know how long I’ll be, but I’ll have my mobile so if you need anything…”

“…I’ll call you.”

“Be careful going up to the ridge tonight.”

“Yes mum.” Buffy sighed as she ran a hand through her hair and took a sip of her coffee.

When her mother had left, Buffy took her coffee and walked upstairs, grabbing her overnight bag on the way. As she was opening her door, her phone in her pocket alerted her to a message. She placed her coffee on the desk and her bag at the foot of her bed. She pulled the phone out and flipped it open. Her mouth formed into a smile when she saw the message was from Spike.

hi luv, just saw u come home.
Do u wanna meet up in a bit nd go out?
xxxxx


She opened a blank screen and wrote a reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just next door, Spike lay on his bed trying to get his head around the classics homework he had been given, having serious second thoughts about why he had taken the subject. He had seen Buffy arrive home and had waited a bit to ‘talk’ to her, he didn’t want to seem too needy, too much in need of some time alone with the woman he loved. His resolve lasted about five minutes, before he sent a text message to her.

He received a reply a minute later. He opened his phone and read…

hey baby, I’ve got so many eng essays 2 fin at d moment, I know if u come over, they wont get dun cos ur body will distract me ;) how about l8er? Xxxxx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

okay wot time. I’ve dun 1 of the eng essays, so if u want help, gimme a call. Love u. xxxxx

Buffy smiled at the reply. Just seeing the ‘love u’ bit at the end of the text made shivers run up her spine, knowing that se was loved by someone so sexy and kind, and who was just…next…door.
Buffy shook her head to clear the naughty images that started to invade her mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

come ova 2 mine at 5.00. Dress warm and comfy. Love u 2, so much. Xxxxx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy spent till mid afternoon doing her English essays, and when her brain couldn’t give out any more helpful information she decided to give it a break and finish the last part tomorrow morning. She glanced at her clock and saw it was just before 4pm. She flipped open her phone and dialled a number.
After several rings it picked up.

“Hey its me…yeah good, you?….I know tell me about it!…yeah…well she wasn’t lying…I know…so hot and so amazing. Which was one of the reasons I wanted to call you, I was gonna take him up to the ridge tonight and watch the sunset…well of course I called to talk to you too.” Buffy laughed. “hey, I’m not the one who changed schools girl, you’re the one who upped and moved. But about this evening…yeah would that be alright?…I won’t have them back late…sure…okay…is five fifteen okay?…great see you then. Bye.”

She flipped her phone shut and went into the bathroom to get ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At ten to five, Buffy was putting the finishing touches to her make up. Her hair was in a long plait that reached to just below her shoulder blades and she was dressed in a pair of her comfiest light blue, hip hugger jeans, a white tank top and a white, thick, soft cashmere sweater. She left her makeup natural and slipped on a pair of ankle high boots with a slight heel. The door bell rang and she saw it was just before five. She trotted down the stairs and opened it, but before she could register who it was, he was in the door and had her pressed up against the wall, his lips nuzzling at her neck.

“mmm, Spike.” she moaned.

“Miss me baby?” He whispered in her ear, before trailing kisses along to her lips and engaging in a passionate, lusty kiss. They stayed that way for a good few minutes. Spike pulled back as they rewarded their lungs with much needed oxygen. For the first time since he had arrived, Buffy took in Spike’s appearance. He was wearing a pair of darker than dark blue jeans, and a black turtleneck jumper, and what shocked her most of all was his duster was nowhere in sight.

As if he had read her thoughts Spike spoke, “yeah, I decided to go for a change. You like?”

“Oh I like…a lot.” Buffy smirked up at him and pulled him in for a softer, but still as passionate kiss.

After another minute or so Buffy pulled back remembering they had somewhere to be.

“We’ve got to go.” Buffy told him, before grabbing her car keys off of the table and pulling him out of the door, picking up a tan coloured, over the shoulder bag on the way. She locked the door and went to the garage. She pulled the door up and pointed her keys at her car parked inside and pressed the button to unlock it. Her car was a silver, open top Mercedes convertible. Her pride and joy. Her father had bought it for her seventeenth birthday because he had felt guilty about it being the first year she had had a birthday after he and her mothers separation, and also the fact that he wasn’t going to be able to be there with her because of business. Her father was a lawyer in London who had come into a lot of money recently, and he had been determined to show his daughter that he did still love her, even though he and her mother were divorced. Buffy had been upset that her fathers work seemed to prevail over her seventeenth birthday, but hell… she had gotten a car out of the deal, so she thought she was getting the better half. She knew if he had been there it would have made the tension between he and her mother unbearable. Of course she didn’t tell him that, but pretended that she was really upset and the result was the beauty of a car in front of her.

She pressed another button on the key and the roof started to fold in on itself, forming the car from a soft top, into an open top.

“Woah!” Spike gasped. “This is yours!”

“Yeah.” Buffy grinned.

“How come I haven’t seen it before”

“Oh it’s been at the auto shop for the past week, it only came back yesterday.”

Spike glanced at her as if to say ‘auto shop, am I taking my life into my hands getting in here.’

“I know what you’re thinking, but it wasn’t my fault. Some jerk backed into it in a car park. I got back after some shopping and went absolutely ape shit when I saw the damage to the back of the car. Thank GOD for insurance.”

She opened the door and she got in, Spike taking the passenger seat next to her. She backed out of the garage, put the hand break on and got out to lock the garage. She jumped back in, and backed out of the drive way and took off towards their destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fifteen minutes later, Buffy turned onto a dirt track driveway and drove towards a large, farmhouse style cottage.

“What are we doing here luv?”

“You’ll see.” Buffy smirked as she pulled up outside the house.

She got out of the car and locked it, after placing the top back on. She took Spike’s hand and walked towards a row of stables.

“loopy lu, where are you.” She called out.

Spike looked puzzled. “Nickname.” Buffy explained.

A girl about the same age as Buffy with light brown hair and tanned skin emerged from one of the stables wearing jodhpurs and riding boots.

“Buffy hey girl, I’ve not seen you in ages. How’ve you been?” Buffy embraced her friend in a hug.

“I’m good, you look good. Australia definitely agrees with you.”

“I miss it, is so cold over here, I wanna go back…” she whined, pouting.

Buffy laughed at her friends complaining. “Lucie this is Spike, my boyfriend, Spike this is Lucie, we’ve were at school together for the last three years.”

“It’s nice to meet you.” Spike said offering his hand.

“You too.” Lucie smiled.

“So they ready?” Buffy asked.

“Yep, I’ll take you down.” Lucie told her and walked down a gravel path to a second row of stables.

“What’s goin on luv?” Spike asked, raising his scarred eyebrow.

“I’ll show you.” She took his hand in hers and led him down the walkway.

At the bottom, by the second stables, Lucie was fixing the reins on a beautiful black mare.

“Okay Spike, you’ve got Casper here, and Buffy, Rusty’s all yours.” Lucie informed them.

“Thanks.” Buffy smiled.

“We’re going riding!” Spike asked.

“Yeah, I asked your dad last week and he said you used to ride a lot out in America. Is that okay, I mean, if you don’t want to…”

“No of course I do luv. It was just a bit of a shock.” he smiled at her and placed a chaste kiss on her lips.

Buffy walked over to Rusty, a golden, chestnut mare and affixed her bag to the saddle. She placed her foot in the stirrup and swung her other leg over. She got herself comfortable as Casper walked up next to her.

Lucie walked over to the gate to field and unlocked it. “Have fun guys.”

Buffy looked over at Spike and smirked. “Catch me if you can.” She said with a wink and she and Rusty took off, Casper and Spike following in hot pursuit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN -: okay I always advise wearing a helmet when you ride a horse, but for the benefit of this story, I didn’t have them wear helmets cos lets face it, hat hair isn’t exactly that sexy. I’m so sorry I didn’t update sooner. I’ve just had so much work from college recently, plus with our major exams coming up I’ve had hardly any time to myself. I hope I didn’t keep you waiting too long. Over the next few weeks I may not update as frequently as I may like cos like I said MAJOR exams coming up, and we’re moving house and I’ll be starting a new college so my brain will be in a scramble. Hopefully I’ll find the time to update. (well we will be living in the middle of nowhere so I should find time!)

I’m off to see the object of all our dreams on Friday! YAY! (if you hadn’t guessed, its James!) Can’t wait! I’ll let you know how it went ;)