MAKE HER OWN WAY


Chapter 13: ‘We’ve Got All Night’


Buffy sat out on the balcony of ‘their’ apartment, staring out at the horizon and waiting for Will to get home. After she had been so sick, just two hours before, she’d bathed and pulled herself together. When she had calmed down enough, she called Tara McClay and talked to her about the ‘position’ at an Art Gallery, something they’d discussed a few times before. Then she called her Mother in LA; when Joyce Summers had answered the phone, Buffy couldn’t help it, she broke down sobbing and told her Mama everything. That had been less then an hour ago and now Buffy was just exhausted, emotionally. Apparently, Will had done something so deceitful, so vile that Buffy couldn’t even comprehend the reasons why he’d betray her like that.

She heard him enter their apartment and resisted the urge to just go in and confront him, face to face, with the information she now had. But, there was a problem with that; William, or should she say, Spike, had the ability to turn everything around and make it seem like his motives were perfectly acceptable, no matter how awful they might be. Buffy would have to bide her time, at least for tonight, and suss everything out by morning. In fact, she was sure, that by morning things would be better, at least maybe easier for what she had to do. “Buffy,” came her dear lover’s voice, so tender and so deceptive. Will’s voice dripped with love and loyalty, Spike’s was filled with obsession and deceit. ‘How could I have not done something about this ages ago?’ she asked herself sadly.

Spike looked around the apartment and spotted Buffy on the balcony, her back turned towards him. “Buffy?” he called to her again, an odd feeling started in the pit of his stomach. “Hello, Will,” she greeted, never turning to face him, just continued staring out at the view. He noticed she wore the little red robe he loved so much, which was just great, but not condusive to dinner out. “Thought we were going out, Princess,” he said, confused and joining her on the balcony. “I’m tired,” she stated simply, “I thought maybe we could order a pizza, stay in and watch some old movies or something. That okay with you?” Of course that was okay with Spike, he loved being alone with Buffy, just the two of them. “Sure,” he leaned down to kiss her cheek tenderly, “I’m going to take a shower, check the mail. He tried to ignore the coldness in her demeanor. “You order what you want and I’ll be out to join you in a few minutes. Oh, by the way, don’t plan anything for tomorrow, we’re going to The Chateau for dinner.” She just nodded at him and continued to stare over the railing.


Flashback Spike’s POV


“I’m counting on it, I mean about the man part,” she’d said, just now to Spike. ‘Well,’ he thought happily, ‘I guess this is a sure sign that there’ll be more then just sleeping going on in here tonight!’ Before she could say another word, he leaned in and kissed her, gently forcing her lips open with his tongue. Her long, slim arms were wrapped around his chest and he pulled her closer to him, pressing their chests together, relishing the warmth of her naked breasts against him. Spike stopped kissing her long enough to ask her, “you sure about this, Princess?” Buffy just smiled, shyly and nodded her golden head. Leaving her mouth, momentarily, he ran his own mouth down her neck and shoulders, careful to just skim her flesh with his lips. “Mmmm,” she purred, causing his already stiff erection to harden even more. He watched her as he suckled her left breast, her green eyes were more then half closed in pleasure and he swore he’d never seen a more beautiful expression.

“I need to taste you,” he rasped, clocking her reaction to his suggestion. She tensed up a bit, but soon relaxed in his arms again. “Okay, Will,” she whispered hoarsely, “but before this goes any further, I need to ask you something.” He nodded up at her and went back to the pleasant task of suckling her right breast this time. “I use something,” she stammered, her whole body warm from embarrassment, “but I’m hoping you have, you know, man protection with you?"” Spike couldn't help it, he burst out laughing at her choice of words to describe rubbers. Buffy suddenly flinched under him and gave a little pout, “are you laughing at me?” Trying to rein in his laughter, Spike just shook his head, “no, baby, not laughing at you. With you, you’re adorable, you know that?” Her body seemed to relax a bit, but she still wore that wonderful pouty expression he had loved from day one. “I take it that you don’t have those things?” she asked, eyeing him warily. “No,” he chuckled, “but, thanks to the fact that I’m naturally nosy, I discovered that this delightful Inn provides ‘man protection.” She scrunched up her mouth in disbelief, “no way,” she hissed. “Way,” he grinned, “in the medicine cabinet. Found them when I went to take a shower. Apparently, The Blue Whale Inn believes in true service for the American public.” Buffy burst out into laughter, a delightful sound to Spike, “now,” he murmered, placing a kiss on her funny little nose, “you wait right here and I’ll be back in a sec.” With that, he rolled off the bed and hurried into the bathroom to retrieve that ‘man protection,’ delighting in her laughter that followed him like music.

Once he returned, as bloody fast as he could, surely, he dropped the condom box on the end table and slipped back into bed with Buffy. “Now, Princess,” he grinned, snuggling close to her, “just where were we?” Buffy stopped laughing and looked at him with the most serious look he’d seen that night, “uhm, I think you were saying something about ‘tasting’ me?” Her face blushed bright red and Spike couldn’t resist, pulled her flush up against his half naked body and began to nibble on her right ear, “yeah, that’s it,” he whispered, “tasting you is exactly what I had in mind.” Spike began kissing Buffy again, a bit more passionately then before, loving the little purring sounds she made as he ran his lips over hers. Not wanting to wait too long, he ran his lips down her neck, her breasts and then down her tummy to his ultimate goal.

“Will,” Buffy whispered nervously, “I…..” but he shushed her gently, “it’s okay, Princess. I’ll stop if you want me to.” He looked up at her from his vantage point between her thighs, his mouth watering to taste her pretty little cunny. “Don’t stop,” she murmered, never taking her eyes from his. That’s all he needed to hear and he began to greedily lick and nibble every part of her hot, wet center that he could. “God, you’re delicious,” he groaned against her heat, smiling when she gasped, ‘so, my Princess likes ‘talk’ during sex!’ He was so damned pleased he could barely contain himself. Pausing from his ministrations, briefly, he gazed up at her, “watch me, please,” he pleaded with her. She rewarded him by raising herself up on her elbows and gazing at him, her lids half closed, “more,” she commanded softly. “Anything you want,” he moaned and went back to his enjoyable activity. Before long, he felt her tremble against his mouth and realized she was really close to her orgasm, so he inserted two fingers in her heat, still licking her lucious clit, hungrily. “Cum for me,” he ordered huskily, “cum for me, Buffy, please. I ‘need’ you to come for me, so much, so please, just do it, baby!”

He practically came himself when she cried his name in her release, but instead, he wasted no time in crawling up her body to crush his lips on hers. Without missing a beat, he reached for the end table and the condoms, tearing open the box and ripping open the little foil package. Buffy wriggled beneath him, her tiny little body just begged for him to take her and if he didn’t soon, he felt like he might combust from her heat. Fumbling with the slippery condom, Spike found himself almost bashful about what was about to happen between them, so he hesitated for just a moment, looking soulfully into her green eyes. “I’ll ask again,” he murmered, stroking her cheek with his one free hand, “are you sure?” Buffy broke into the most dazzling smile and nuzzled her forehead into his, “yes, Will, I’m very sure.”

“Be gentle,” he kept telling himself, even as he thrust slowly into her, “be tender. She’s been so bloody hurt before.” Spike began a slow rhythm, pulling out, slowly, then back in, all the while kissing her plump, pink lips, and worshiping her little body, “is this okay?” he rasped, trying to keep from pummeling her with his own body. “God, yes,” she moaned back, confirming her pleasure by wrapping her legs around his slim hips and pulling him into her, forcefully. Meanwhile, her fingers ran up and down his back, mesmerizing him and sending extra chills up and down his spine. “Buffy, I don’t think I’m going to last too long, I’m sorry. You just feel so bloody amazing,” he mumbled, embarrassed by his sudden lack of control. But she did feel amazing, so much so that he just wanted to stay buried in her sweet heat forever. ‘I’ll never let you go now, Buffy Summers’ he swore to himself. “It’s okay, Will,” she purred into his ear before giving it a long, wet lick, “we’ve got all night.”


Present Day


They ended up eating mushroom and cheese pizza, from their favorite Pizzeria down the street. Buffy made sure to order Will’s beloved hot wings and even shared a beer with him, instead of her favorite wine. Snuggled together on the couch, watching ‘Casablanca,’ again, Buffy couldn’t help but feel a little bit like Ingrid Bergman in the movie, torn and miserable. Halfway through the picture, she burst out in tears and didn’t stop the on again/off again waterworks, as Will called them, for the rest of the film. When ‘Ilsa’ told ‘Rick’ goodbye at the little airport, she began to sob uncontrollably, burying her head into Will’s shoulder. “Baby,” he chuckled, “you’ve seen this bloody picture a hundred times, you know she leaves in the end. Why do you cry every time?” He wrapped his arms tightly about her and nuzzled her neck with his lovely lips, “don’t worry, Princess,” he murmered lovingly, “I bet in the end, they find each other again, promise.” ‘I love those lips,’ she thought sadly, running her fingers across them, her heart nearly breaking in two. ‘Gotta’ be strong Summers,’ she commanded herself, ‘you have to do this. Just like Ilsa, for the greater good.”

The credits began to roll and Buffy found herself straddled across Will’s lap, her head now buried in his bare chest. “Buffy, honey, you’re beginning to scare me now,” he laughed nervously, “it’s a silly movie, don’t be so upset, please.” She flung her arms about his neck, possessively, still sobbing and kissing his face anywhere she could. “Make love to me, Will!” she cried desperately, “please make love to me, right now! Like the world is ending tomorrow and we know it, and all we have is tonight together. Please!” Will clung to her tightly and stood up, taking her with him. “Anything you want, baby,” he whispered, huskily as he carried her into their bedroom.

They made love most of the night, well into the morning. Everytime that Spike thought that they’d worn each other out, Buffy would do some little ‘Buffy’ thing and they’d be at it again, desperately clutching at each other, devouring each other. “I love you!” he roared every time he thrust into her, whether she was on top or he was. “I love you,” she cried out during the night as they wrapped their bodies around one another, becoming more one together then two separate beings. Finally, after hours of their love making, they fell asleep in each others’ arms; Spike never felt more complete.

He woke up the next morning, actually a little sore in some of his private places. Propping himself up on his left elbow, he watched Buffy sleep for a few minutes, then carefully rose from the bed, shutting the bathroom door behind and turning on the shower. Thirty minutes later, he was out on the balcony of their apartment, smoking a cigarette and reading the Wall Street Journal, his second cup of coffee cooling on the table before him. Wearing his usual at home attire, black jeans and a black tee shirt, he’d neglected to comb his hair and even now it dried into the abhored curls and spikes about his head. ‘Gotta’ watch Casablanca more often,’ he mused to himself with a chuckle as he remembered the aftermath of the movie with Buffy last night.

Buffy woke up, afraid to face the morning for the first time in years. She glanced around the bedroom, even though she knew just where Will would be right now, on the balcony, reading, smoking and thinking, like always at this time of day. Sadly, she dragged herself out of their bed, gazing at it longlingly for just a minute then headed into the bathroom to shower. For some reason, she took much longer in the bath this morning, no that wasn’t true, she knew why she was doing it, prolonging the inevitable, that’s all.

After she’d finished showering, dried and dressed in the little sundress Will had picked out for her, she went about doing the thing she’d dreaded since yesterday afternoon when she’d found out about Will’s horrible plan to fool her with those damn pills. Pulling on her strappy red sandals, she brushed out her hair, going through her regular motions, although this was no regular day, anything but. A dab of light blush on her cheeks, some pink lip gloss and mascara and she was all ready to go face the music; problem was, this tune was the death march as far as she was concerned.

Buffy found Will out on the balcony, just like she thought she would, smoking and reading the Wall Street Journal. He looked up and gave her his ‘William smile’ the one that made her heart skip a beat. “Morning, Princess,” he greeted warmly. She felt her tummy jump when she saw his hair curling about his face, the part that wasn’t spikey anyway. ‘Oh, God,’ she pleaded to Heaven, ‘keep me strong to do this. I love him, I love him but…..’ “Will,” she reached out to him, “please come inside, we need to talk now.” William tossed the paper on the table and stubbed out his cigarette, quickly, “what’s up, baby?” he asked, a brief hint of concern in his beautiful blue eyes. “Please come sit down,” she whispered, leading him by his hand to the couch and waiting for him to sit. When he did, she sat down beside him and placed her right hand over his left one. “Will,” she began, unsure of herself, but determined to do this right. She couldn’t even look at him, just stared at Mr. Gordo who had picked that very moment to come and sit as sentinal at her feet. “Will,” she stammered again, squeezing her eyes shut, even as she squeezed the long fingers of his left hand more tightly in hers, “I think we should seperate for a while.”


A/N: Okay, this is the angst I was talking about. I could not bring myself to write anymore this chapter, although I wanted to, really. Just think what William/Spike’s reaction is going to be to this! Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf