~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

An hour later, Buffy was fast asleep. Spike watched her sleeping, unbelieving that he was here in her room with her. He had never thought that he would be invited back into the Summers' home again, much less be helping to care for Buffy.

Spike was thinking about what to do to help her out. He saw how lost she was. When he entered the house, he saw that the house was messy and unclean. Buffy had obviously not been caring for the house since she lost her vision. Spike had never dealt with someone who was blind, much less the woman he loved.

So the only question now was what could he do? Spike rose quietly from his chair as to not wake up Buffy before walking out of her room, closing the door behind her. Once outside, he checked on Dawn who was also asleep before starting to help Buffy out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Rise and shine, Buffy!" Spike said as he entered Buffy's room. It was 9:30, and he figured that it was time for Buffy to wake up. He had a whole day of things planned out to help her get back to having a semi-normal life.

"Wha-what?" Buffy asked, wiping the sleep out of her eyes. "Spike?"

"Yeah. C'mon, pet. You gotta get out of bed sometime." Spike said.

Dawn came down the hallway, stopping and standing in the doorway of Buffy's room. "Buffy, you've got to check out what Spike did!" She said, before heading out the doorway. "I'm off to school!" She called back to the slayer.

"Sweet Bit," Spike called out to Dawn, stopping her quickly.

"Huh?" she asked back.

"After school, head to the shop. Big sis and I will meet you guys there when she sun sets," Spike said to Dawn. This way he wouldn't have to worry about running for his life covered in a thick blanket as he was trying to help Buffy.

"Okay then, I'll see you guys later then," Dawn said before leaving.

"The shop?" Buffy asked, sitting up in bed. "We're going there...today?"

"Yeah, we are. I figured that it was about time that you face the Scoobies again, okay?" Spike asked her, helping her get out of bed.

"I guess I have to sooner or later." Buffy said. "Now, what's all this about you doing something?"

"Oh...uh, well, last night after you fell asleep, I stayed up all night trying to get the place cleaned up for you." Spike said, taking her hands and leading her out the doorway. "Here, start walking down the hallway."

"But Spike-"

"Just walk." Spike said.

Last night, Spike had stayed awake, moving all the furniture against the walls or in the corners so Buffy could have a path throughout the whole house without bumping into anything. The table and cabinet that were the hallway were now in Joyce's room and now the hallway was clear. Buffy walked down the hallway very slowly, moving her hands around to not run into everything.

"Okay...where's all the furniture in the hallway?" Buffy asked.

"In your mum's room," Spike replied. "I figured that I'd move everything out of your way so you'd be able to walk down to Dawn's room."

"Spike...thank you," Buffy said, walking back to where she was standing with Spike. "Is that all?"

Spike scoffed and shook his head. "Not even, love. C'mon downstairs with me."

Spike led her in the kitchen slowly, telling her where he moved the furniture and how there was now a clear spot in every room for her to walk through. "And here, in the kitchen, I moved all the glasses, plates, and stuff like that into their own cabinet, so maybe you can get to it easier. Everything in the whole house is in a certain place, so you'll know where to walk and go."

"Spike...you did all of this for me?"

"Yeah, just trying to make things easier for you, love." Spike said, helping Buffy into a seat. "I'm not saying that it's going to be easy, but Little Bit can help you out get used to all of this."

"Spike, thank-"

"Don't mention it, Slayer." Spike replied.

Buffy paused, hearing coldness in his voice. She didn't know how to respond. "Look, Spike, I'm sorry that I pushed you away about three weeks ago. I-I freaked, I'm still freaking. We don't know what those things where, I can't protect my friends and Dawn, and I don't know what to do."

"Buffy..."

"That’s why I called you, I figured that you could help me out some. And you have. I actually got some sleep last night and now I can maneuver throughout my own house." Buffy said. "Thank you."

Spike softened, realizing that he'd been too hard with his words. "No, thank you, Buffy," he said softly. He rose from his chair, regaining his posture. "I'm gonna fix us some breakfast and then we're going to head over to the magic shop, okay?"

"Okay...what are we having?"

"Well, I'm fixing some sausage, eggs, and pancakes. Sound decent, pet?" Spike asked. He couldn't believe what a poof he was turning into. First, caring for the Slayer and now fixing her breakfast?

Minutes later, he set down a plate for her. "Okay...eggs are at eleven o clock, pancakes are at six o clock, and then sausage is at one o clock. Eat up."

"Thanks." Buffy picked up the fork that was at the table and started eating, finally glad that she could pick up the food without searching all over the plate first.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

That evening, Spike and Buffy headed over to the Magic Box after Buffy changed into some sweats and a tank and Spike grabbed his leather jacket. Together, Spike helped Buffy walk like a normal person without running into anything. Slowly, she started getting the hang of walking.

"'Ello all!" Spike said when he entered the Magic Shop. Buffy walked in right behind him, following the sound of his voice. Dawn had taught Buffy how to enter the shop without tripping over the steps, and Buffy slowly walked in by herself.

"Hey guys," Buffy said, softly.

"Hey Buffy!" Willow said, trying to sound happy for her.

"Hey! You finally came out of your house. We thought we'd never see you again." Anya said.

"Yeah, well...Spike talked me into coming here tonight." Buffy said.

"Yeah, I've got some stuff planned out for her tonight." Spike said, throwing the blanket aside and grabbing a hold of Buffy's shoulders. He started leading her over to the training room in the back. "We're going to go spar some."

"Isn't it hard to spar when you're blind?" Anya asked.

"That's what we're going to find out." Spike and Buffy entered the room together before Spike closed the door behind them to give them some privacy. "Okay, I'm going to try and teach you how to fight again."

"I can't fight, Spike. I'm blind." Buffy said.

"No, you can too fight." Spike said, refusing to give up on his plan. His plan was to get Buffy so good at everything that she could fight and carry out a normal and Slayer type of life without having to worry about her blindness. "C'mon, try to punch me."

"Wow, never thought I'd hear you actually *want* me to punch you." Buffy teased.

"C'mon, love." Spike said. Buffy moved into a fighting position, holding her hands out in the shape of fists. Suddenly, she swung her hand out, trying to aim for Spike. However, she swiped thin air and twirled around, landing on the pad beneath her. Buffy sighed, thinking that she was right- she couldn't fight. "Okay..." Spike said, helping Buffy stand. "Obviously we need some more work with this."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Weeks passed and Spike stuck by Buffy's side all of the time. Wherever Buffy was, you could start to expect that Spike would always be there- either lingering in the shadows or helping her get through this.

Bit by bit, Spike started working his way back into Buffy's life. The gang had already accepted him, and now so was Buffy. He was getting closer to her than ever now, and Spike loved every moment of it. Who would have thought that a simple call would change his life around once again?

The two were becoming good friends. Buffy was spending more time with him than Willow or her other friends. And because of Spike, Buffy was slowing accepting her blindness. Buffy figured that there was no cure. Xander and Anya had for the most part, stopped researching. And Buffy wasn't upset about that. She knew that she was becoming dependent on Spike, and if he ever left then she'd be a wreck, but she was dealing perfectly.

Buffy wasn't sure about what her feelings were right now. All she knew that was whenever she was thinking, the only thing she could concentrate on was Spike. She thought of him all the time, even when he was there with her, she still thought about what it would be like for him to kiss her, hug her, treat her more than a woman who was completely blind. And for once, she wanted to find out. However, she never let Spike know what she was feeling.

Sure she was also feeling that this was wrong- she shouldn't be having these feelings for Spike, but the way that he was helping her, she just couldn't help it. When she pictured herself and Spike together, there was nothing wrong with that image in her mind. She saw Spike, Dawn, and herself together, and everything was perfect.

Dawn was the only one that really knew what was going on with her older sister and Spike, and she loved it. The way Spike would constantly be watching over Buffy and making sure she was okay. The way that Buffy would always think of Spike as the first person to help her out with something. Dawn figured that before summer arrived that the two would be together.

There was always the thought that something could happen that would change everything in Buffy's life around a full 180°, but until that happened she was fine with Spike helping her through everything.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~