REBEL HEARTS


Chapter 21: ‘Where Ever You Go’


After he had collected himself, pulled himself together, as it were, Spike called Buffy’s man servant, Jesse, into the parlour.

“I wonder,” the Brit spoke humbly to the other man, “if you would go fetch Father Rayne, Jesse. If your Mistress agrees, I would like to request him to ‘wave’ the Banns and marry us, Buffy and me, immediately.”

Jesse grinned widely, “of course, Cap…I mean Mr. Anderson. I’ll go along and fetch the Priest right now. I’m taking my son, Jacob with me, he needs a little trip out.”

The servant hurried out of the parlor and Spike turned to face his bride, Buffy, “that okay with you, Princess,” he murmered. “Would you marry me, I mean?”

Buffy threw her slim arms about Spike and began to weep, joyfully, “of course I’ll marry you, William. I love you.”

Little James tugged at his mother’s dress, “you love Daddy?” he asked in awe.

“Yes, very much, James,” Buffy reached down and picked up her son, as Will did the same with their daughter, Joyce.

“Daddy loves us, too,” Joyce nodded and grinned at Spike.

“Yes, indeed your Daddy loves all three of you, precious,” Spike buried his head in Buffy’s neck and began to cry, quietly.

“Buffy,” William was sitting on the sofa of the parlor, his twin son and daughter on his lap. “You need to know,” he continued in a hushed voice, “that I will have to return, to England, I mean. At least temporarily. I can only hide from the Continental Army for so long, that and my own obligations to His Majesty’s service. As far as my own Army? They probably consider me dead, but the Continental Army knows full well that I am alive and will send me back to England as soon as they find me. Alone, I could probably escape them, forever, maybe, but with a wife and children. What I’m saying, Princess, is that once we are married, I must return to England, with my family. All of you.”

Buffy joined Will on the sofa and placed her hand on his shoulder, the one their daughter’s weary head rested against.

“It is all right, Will,” Buffy murmered to her soon to be husband, “where ever you go, that is where I go. Myself, our children. Our place is with you. There are no longer any ties to this place,” she swept her free arm about at the parlor and Finnwood in general.

“Not for me, or our children. This belongs to Andrew, as far as I am concerned and as far as this new Country, well…” She felt a wave of sorrow sweep across her face, “well, when this is over, all of this War. We will be back here, in my America. I know it, Will. And, for now, that hope is enough.”

Spike smiled at his Buffy, his heart was so full of love and hope for the future that he knew what she said was true.

“All right then, Princess,” he whispered as not to wake their sleeping children. “I promise you, right here and now. When this War is over and things settle down, we will be back. To Boston, if that’s your will, sweet. At least to visit your family and friends. They are going to win, you know that, don’t you, Buffy?”

He raised his scarred left eyebrow at her and smiled, a little wistfully, “your General Washington, the Patriots, they will win this. Your Independent States will become a Country, unto it’s own. I am sure of it, just as I am sure that when it’s over. Their fight for free rule, that your new Country will embrace my England, as brothers, comrades, once again. We are like battling siblings, England and the Colonies, at least like cousins who disagree. However, in the long run, the Colonies will prevail, Buffy and then, after a while, we can come back. To your home.”

“Hello, William,” Father Rayne chortled as he practically skipped into the Finnwood parlor. “I understand you want the Banns of Marriage to be waved and to be wed to our lovely Elizabeth, immediately?”


They married, Buffy and William, in the Finnwood parlor on the 10th day of February, 1781. Xander Harris stood up for William Anderson, while Andrew Finn stood for his beloved Cousin Buffy. Jesse and Mahalia witnessed the marriage, along with the twins, James and Joyce Anderson.

A surprise guest, a certain Miss Dawn Lee of a neighboring farm made an appearance at the bequest of the young heir, Andrew Finn. At fifteen-years-old, each, the two young people had seen more in their life time then any other ‘children’ of that age. Buffy was more then assured that young Andrew would do just fine as Master of Finnwood, no question, especially with such a fine ‘friend’ as Dawn Lee to ‘help’ him. However, the real problem, for Buffy at least, was her having to leave her beloved friends, Jesse and Mahalia.

“Dear Buffy,” Andrew was saying as he toasted the newlyweds with a glass of wine, “I was considering, perhaps I would ‘release’ Jesse and Mahalia, along with their Jacob. From my Cousin Riley’s service that is,” he added with a wink. “Thought maybe they would like to travel a little, perhaps to England?”

Buffy set her own wine on the table and hugged her late husband’s good-hearted cousin to her, tightly, “you’re a good man, Andrew,” she whispered, her tone shakey from new tears.

“A fine man,” William added as he patted Andrew on the back, in a very manly manner.

“Yes,” Dawn Lee chimed in, her eyes smiled under dark lashes at her young beau, Andrew, “he is a very fine man, indeed.”

Father Rayne had imbibed in a bit too much celebration after Buffy and William’s wedding ceremony, so he was easily coaxed into spending the night in a posh guest room on the first floor. Xander Harris had stumbled into bed an hour before the Priest, in his guest room and Andrew had left earlier to see his Dawnie home to her parent’s farm.

Buffy had bathed and dressed in the chinese silk wrap, the one she had worn the first night Will and her had made love. William and her were to spend their wedding night in the same room they had shared that summer when their children were conceived.

However, William was no where to be found, at least not in the ‘wedding’ bed room. After pondering her new husband’s where abouts, Buffy came to the conclusion that Will was probably enscounced in the twins nursery, adjacent to the very guest room she and he would occupy.

Sure enough, Buffy found William, on a chair in between the separate cribs that held his sleeping children. She noted that Will had not lost his whole expression or sense of awe at his new found children. He sat, his handsome head, resting on his folded arms that lay across Joyce’s crib edge. Buffy had a feeling that her husband had used this same stance, minutes before, to watch his son, his replica, while the boy drifted off to sleep.

“Will,” Spike heard Buffy call softly, “they will be here, in the morning, I promise.”

He turned to smile at his Buffy and reached out a hand to her, which she took and placed on her hip.

“They’re really amazing, Princess,” Spike whispered, still in awe of their creations.

“Yes, they are,” Buffy giggled softly and sat on Spike’s lap. “However,” she purred as she nuzzled her face into his neck, “like I said, they will be here in the morning. I promise that. Now,” Buffy murmered, silkily, “let’s go to bed, please, Will?”

A slow smile began on Spike’s face as he allowed his wife to lead him to the room where they would spend their wedding night.

“I’ve thought about this, Buffy, us together, every night and day since I left here before. It kept me going, kept me with some hope for us.”

Buffy laughed, gleefully, “oh, we’ll do more than just ‘think’ tonight, Will,” she promised as she led him into the bedroom and shut the door behind them.

“Buffy,” Spike gasped as he thrust into his wife, desperately, “God, luv, you feel so good.”

They had been making love for hours, to make up for lost time Buffy had explained with a sweet giggle. His Buffy was so responsive to him, her sweet little core was so wet and tight, made just for him.

“Mine,” he roared, again, as he reached his climax.

“Always,” Buffy actually growled in response, her petite body thrust up to meet her husband’s.

“And,” she sighed, dreamily, after they had climaxed, again, together, “you are mine.”

Spike, who had collapsed on top of his wife in sated pleasure, gave her a warm grin, “always,” he assured her. “We’re each other’s, always Princess.”

Lord William Anderson and his wife, Buffy Summers-Anderson lay in sweet afterglow of their frenzied, unbridled love making.

“Do you suppose,” Buffy sighed as she snuggled up against her husband, closer then ever, “do you suppose that we might have conceived another little Lord or Lady?”

Spike smiled, lazily down at his tiny wife, lovingly as he stroked her bare arm, “suppose we could have. Hope so, anyway,” he murmered.

Buffy just sighed another “mmmm,” into her huband’s chest. “This one,” she smiled, happily, “it will be born in England, you know. If there is a ‘this one’ that is.”

He nodded, “yup. That it will, Princess. My Father, he’d like that, Buffy. He’ll absolutely adore you and fall in love with the twins. Another grandchild? That would just be the icing on the cake for the old man.”

Buffy raised her blonde head and met her husband’s loving gaze, “so,” she whispered with a sly smile, “if it’s a child, if it is boy, this time…shall we name him William?”


Epilogue:


Listed below is the very brief history of the issue of Lord William Michael Anderson and his beloved wife, Lady Buffy Summers-Anderson:


James Michael Anderson: Born May 11th, 1779 in South Carolina, American Colonies

Joyce Darla Anderson: Born May 11th, 1779 in South Carolina, American Colonies

Elizabeth Anne Anderson: Born January 2nd, 1782 in Anderson Mannor, England

Marie Summers Anderson: Born March 8th, 1783 in Anderson Mannor, England

William Alexander Anderson: Born April 14th, 1785 in Boston, Massachusettes, the United States of America


Finis


Thank you to everyone who read this tale. Luv, Spuf