NA GRACH CROI



Chapter 9: ‘Siochain de Intinn’ (Peace of Mind)




Buffy was finding her husband’s farm more then comforting, it was healing her. Her emotional state was better then ever and she felt safe here on this magical land in the County of Antrim.

“When shall we meet your ‘hand’ Xander Harris, Will?” Buffy asked later that night as they lay in bed together. Buffy was finding great comfort in the physical side of her and Will’s marriage. Comfort, at least for her side of it, was never a feeling that Buffy had associated with sex before this. It was near a spiritual revelation for her.

Spike snuggled his wife even closer to him and nuzzled her neck, affectionately. “Old Xander, he’s down in Dungiven, just southwest of here. His wife, Nancy’s her name, her Mum lives there and they went to visit with their two little ones. There’s two boys, Alexander, he’s the oldest of course and little Francis, or Frank as he’s called.”

“They’ll be back by week’s end, according to Angel. Hopefully, my sister, Tara, will be home then also. She’ll be thrilled to meet you Buffy, promise,” he finished with a quick kiss on her neck.

“I can’t wait to meet Tara,” Buffy sighed, truthfully, “she sounds so wonderful. I hope we’re good friends. Hope Nancy Harris and I get on well too,” she added wistfully.

“You’ll all be good friends, I know it,” Spike reassured her with a chuckle. “Who couldn’t love you, Buffy sweet. You’re an angel on earth.”


They had been married less then a week, Buffy and Spike, but she felt as if they had been together for years. Their days were filled with love and companionship, while their nights were filled with passion and spiritual closeness together.

Spike’s sister, Tara, had finally returned home to the farm about four days after Buffy and he had arrived there. Buffy took to Tara, immediately. She found an instant comradarie in the young woman, who was quite lovely in a serene way. There was something about Tara, something deep and soulful, a warmness in her soul that touched Buffy’s heart instanly.

This morning, Tara and Buffy sat on the front porch of the farmhouse. Spike, Angel and the now returned Xander, were off somewhere, about doing farm things. Things that Buffy did not understand, yet.

If Will thought it odd that Buffy was unused to farm ways, even though she’d told him she had grown up on a New York farm, married a virtual farmer, too? Will never let on and Buffy just accepted that her husband assumed that the so called farms in New York were a tad better off then his. Perhaps, he just figured that Buffy had led a pampered lifestyle, where her parents were farm owners in more of a ‘name’ only way.

“Tara,” Buffy began shyly, “may I ask you something…about your brother, Angel, I mean?” The two young women sat, sipping tea together on the porch, had been chatting about everything, but, their own families.

Tara smiled at Buffy and nodded, the O’Hara sister had a reserved, quiet demeanor which she welcomed whole heartedly. After the fast living existence that Buffy had lived for four years in England and New York? She enjoyed the quiet, serene and reserved life style that existed here, on the O’Hara farm.

“Angel,” Buffy stammered softly, “is there no lady in his life? No sweetheart? He’s a handsome young man, seems he’d have found a lovely girl to spend time with?”

Tara suddenly lost her smile, then frowned, then sighed. “Oh, Buffy,” she murmered sadly, “there ‘is’ a young woman, in Balleycastle. Daughter of one of the few mercantile owners there, a lovely girl. Her name is Cordelia Chase, daughter of Francis and Careen Chase. The poor girl, Cordy she’s called, she’s been in love with our Angel since they were mere children, but…..”

Tara frowned again, looked out over the horizon in the direction of Balleycastle itself. “My brother, Angel, fool that he can sometimes be, is blind to Cordy Chase’s feelings for him. He’s too wrapped up in his bitterness and self pity to even consider that a fine young woman like Cordelia Chase would give him, an armless man, a second look.”

“No,” Tara sighed sorrowfully, “my blind, bitter and sometimes dense brother prefers the company of mere whores in Balleycastle, and elsewhere. He can’t see the beauty and love that is Cordelia Chase. I’m sorry, Buffy,” she added with a quick scowl, “shouldn’t have mentioned to you about the loose women in Angel’s life.”

“Oh,” Buffy mumbled softly, “I’m sorry. Perhaps I should not have asked, I just…,” her voice trailed off weakly. The mention of the word whores from this lovely woman’s mouth made Buffy feel less then worthy of William, or his family.

“You just wanted to know your love’s family better. Of course you should ask these questions, sweetie,” Tara assured her with a pat on her arm. “I’m so glad you came into my darling brother, Will’s life, dear Buffy,” Tara added, warmly. “I think you’ve saved our Will’s very existence.”

“Thank you, Tara,” Buffy murmered and looked away from her new sister-in-law. She could only hope that she, Buffy, would live up to Tara’s statement, as Will had certainly saved hers.

There was a small river, more of a stream, really, that ran close by the house on the O’Hara farm. After her and Tara’s talk on the front porch, she, Buffy went in search of William there. She found him, stripping down to clean up in the cool water of the stream.

“Mind if I join you?” Buffy purred at her husband, silkily. She glanced around to make sure no other person was about and began to strip off her own clothing.

“Course you can join me, sweet,” Spike moaned as he reached his arms out to his wife. He waited in the water, up to his waist for Buffy to join him in the cool, clear water.

Buffy grinned, wickedly, as she divested herself of the rest of her clothing and joined her man in the stream. She fell into his embrace, felt the warmth his body provided from the crisp, coldness of the waters’ bite.

“God, Buffy,” he murmered, nearly groaned in her ear, “I’m so glad you’re here with me. I’m so blessed to have you.”

Buffy snuggled into William’s strong arms and buried her golden head into his chest. She could hear his heart racing, feel the beating of it in his chest. It’s cadence matched her own strong heart and Buffy felt like some kind of ancient, mystical Celt Goddess, right at that moment.

‘It’s the land,’ she reasoned, ‘this magical land and this magical man of mine.’ Buffy had never known this kind of happiness, this peace of mind or heart. Not in her whole, disturbing twenty-one years of life on this earth.

“Buffy,” Spike growled into his wife’s neck, “I want you so much.” He turned her about, then held her close to his body, her back to his chest and front hips. Before either of them knew what was happening, Spike bent his bride slightly forward and after making sure she was ready, he thrust his shaft into her depths.

“Hot and ready,” he mewled as he thrust in and out, slowly from her, “even in the cold stream. My baby, Buffy, she’s ready for me and burning hot inside.”

“Oh, Will,” Buffy moaned breathily, “I….” She couldn’t finish, her husband’s thrusts kept her from forming coherant words.

“I love you, Buffy,” he gasped as he thrust frantically into his wife. “My Buffy,” he groaned as he held her little body to him. “My wife, my love.”

Afterwards, while they stood in the water, their lower bodies covered in the cleansing water, Spike held onto Buffy for dear life. He clasped her so close to him, that she could barely breathe properly, but it felt so good and right to Buffy.

“Buffy,” Spike murmered to her huskily, “when we’re blessed with babies, you and me. I want lots. Lots of little ones to fill our home and lives. Hope you want the same thing, my Princess.”

His words sent shivers down Buffy’s spine and made her feel like a worshipped, adored diety. “I do,” she responded simply with a warm smile. She reached her hand up, behind her head, and ran it down her man’s cheek and neck. “I want a dozen little O’Haras of our own.”


A/N: Hokey, yes? Okay, next chapter, the O’Hara clan will travel to Balleycastle and run into some of the locals there. Some will be friends…..some will be foes. Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf