A/N: Thanks to Kirsty for Beta-ing this chapter for me! I would also like to dedicate this to VamptasticA; thanks for reviewing! Also thanks to everyone else who reviewed! You guys rock!

The Show Must Go On Part 3



When I awake, I’m not alone. Two strong arms are wrapped around me. I move back into the embrace and the arms tighten. I don’t need to wonder who it is. The embrace is so familiar. I feel like I’ve been in it before and I know I have.



I need to use the bathroom, but I really don’t want to move. I just want to stay here, in his arms forever. I manage to last a few more minutes but that’s it. I gently move his arm and put it down softly. I use the bathroom as fast as I can, because I don’t want this moment to end.



I walk back over to the bed then climb in. This time I’m facing him. I put his arms back around me. He sighs, I’m not sure if it’s for pleasure or relief, but I don’t mind. I snuggle up to him as far as I can and rest my head on his shoulder.



“I love you” I whisper in his ear. No you don’t, but thanks for saying it. “I’ll always love you. It’s probably too late, but you should know. I’m sorry for what I’ve done to you. I know what it’s like to be torn from there. But you were my salvation, and I wanna be yours. I should really tell you this when your awake but it’s easier like this. I have something to tell you. But I need you to wake up for this.” I shake him gently then look up. His eyes are already open. He heard everything I said and there’s a soft smile on his face.



“What do you wanna tell me, luv?” I shiver slightly at the use of the name. It seems like forever since I last heard it.



“I had a dream….”



“Famous words, Slayer.” God, how I missed that smirk.



“You weren’t going to stay in heaven. You were put there as a reward from the PTB.” I hated having to say that, but I know I had to.



“Are you saying that to make me feel better?” The look in his eyes, says that he doesn’t believe me.



“No.” I can only be honest with him. And he knows it.



“Go on.”

“You weren’t supposed to die. Apparently you still have things to do here. You have a
higher purpose and I need to find out what it is.” Tears are filling my eyes as I realize I have to figure this out soon.



“Do you know what it is?” He sighs in exasperation when I shake my head. “Buffy, I’ve done something no demon has ever done before. I overcame the demon so the man could love. I loved without a soul. I continued to bag it, when I knew I could go out and hunt. I did it all so I could I be someone better for you, someone who you could love. And I’m glad I did it. Now; do you know what it is?”



It couldn’t be, could it? It can’t be that simple. But what if it was? What if William the Bloody’s sole purpose in life was to love and be loved in return? As I continue to lie there in his arms I get the feeling someone is watching us. I look over to the balcony and see that pesky demon from my dream.



“Come in” I shout. I see him smile as he opens the door.



“Oh no, not you!” I look up at Spike and see recognition on his face.



“How do you know….?”



“Oh we go way back.” I look between Spike and the demon and my curiosity is peaked.



“To what do we owe this pleasure, Mate?” Spike asks. I see him reach over for his cigarettes and I hand him an ashtray.



“Well as you asked so nicely I’m here to tell you what’s going on. You William aren’t done. You love Buffy and Buffy love’s you, at last. I tell ya, waiting for that to happen was like waiting for Christmas. Now the PTB have something in store for you two, but I can’t tell ya what it is. You’ll find out soon enough. What Buffy said to you William was true. You weren’t going to stay in heaven forever, you would have been sent to hell. Just because you saved the world a few times doesn’t make up for the thousands you slaughtered, which is why I got you sent back to earth. Now, what needs to happen is you need to leave here. Take whoever you want but get out of LA. This is Angel’s town. Go make your own and live as much as you can.” Well what to say to that?



I look up at Spike and I can almost hear the gears turning in his head. I grasp his hand in mine and squeeze it gently. A small smile blossoms on his face and I reply in kind.



“Fancy going to Europe?” It’s said so casually that I almost miss the question. I grin back at him and nod my head in reply. Maybe things will be alright after all.



It takes a second for us to realize Whistler’s gone and when we do, we both burst out laughing. Seeing Spike laugh is one of the best things I’ve ever seen and I take a moment to memorize everything about it.



I lean over and kiss him softly on the lips. Before I can pull back he deepens the kiss and his tongue is asking for entrance. I open my mouth and the fight begins although neither of us wants to win it.



I rest my hands in his hair and his are at my waist. It’s not long before one hand ventures to my breast and I release a moan at the contact. He grows bolder with each sound I make and then it’s skin on skin. I stop him so I can remove my top and bra. Then his mouth is on my breast licking and sucking while his hand plays with the other. It soon becomes too much and if he isn’t inside me soon I might die with need.



“Clothes… Off… Now…” Cave Buffy it is then. We both stand up and shed the rest of our clothes. I lie down on the bed and pull Spike on top of me. He settles between my spread thighs.



“Are you sure?” his voice is so soft I nearly melt at the sound of it. I grab his hand and put it to my cunt.



“See how wet I am for you?” I whisper in his ear. He nods and runs his fingers across my slit. I shudder as he flicks my clit and then his fingers are replaced by his cock.



I take a deep breath and then he plunges in. I gasp at being stretched after so long without his huge member. I meet him thrust for thrust, slowly at first until our climaxes approach. We build up speed and then it happens. Fireworks explode behind my eyes and I scream his name in pleasure which is followed by an ‘I love you’. As my inner muscles tighten around him I watch him orgasm with a look of pure love on his face. He shouts my name in a hoarse voice with an ‘I love you too’ soon after. His hips jerk slightly and then it’s over.



As we come down from our high I realize we didn’t use protection and to be honest I don’t care, and I don’t think Spike would either. All I know is whatever happens now we have each other. And as far as I’m concerned that’s all that matters.



The End!



My first fic finished! What did you think? Please Review!