Okay this is the unbeta'd version. i dont know where Sarah is and I cant seem to get in touch with her. So, I hope she forgives me for posting this.

Chapter 11: "Our Baby"(PG-13)

Buffy's eyes went wide. "How do you...?" she started to ask Spike, then glanced accusingly at Giles and Angel. "You told him."

"No we didn't, Buffy." Giles spoke calmly, his eyes focused on the floor in front of him.

"Then how does he know?"

"Dru." Spike answered moving out of his corner further into the room. "In my dreams."

"It seems that Spike's dreams have been very detailed." Giles explained. "Mors so than your dreams I assume."

"What is she doing in the dream?" Buffy asked nervously already worried for the life inside of her. If Spike's dreams were anything like hers in showing the future, then they had problems.

"Apparently Dru appears carrying a child..."

"Oi, Watcher!" Spike cried out. "Its my dream innit? Let me describe it."

Giles rolled his eyes. "Sorry, Spike. Please indulge us." he stated sarcastically.

"Dru appeared in my dream holding a baby." Spike began. "She kept saying it was mine and asking me if she could keep it," he laughed softly recalling how crazy the dream seemed at the time. "Of course it being Dru, I thought she had officially falling off her rocker. I told her we didn't turn baby's for a reason. She just smiled and said little birdies sang to her and told her the baby was the answer to everything," he stopped smiling and closed his eyes. "Then she would disappear and thats when you and I," he finished opening his eyes and looking at Buffy. "We would be in the Factory."

Buffy stared at Spike letting everything he just told her sink in. She faced Giles.

"Why does Dru have my baby?"

"Our baby." Spike corrected.

Buffy jumped to her feet and moved in front of Spike. She glared at him.

"As far as I'm concerned this baby is mine and you will have nothing to do with it," she ground out between clenched teeth. "You or you crazy ex."

Spike stepped closer to her until their faces were only inches apart. "You think I wanted this to happen? You think I want to go around being known as the vampire who knocked up the Slayer? As far as I'm concerned you disgust me, I hate you. I hate you for what you've done to me."

"What I've done to you?!" Buffy yelled in astonishment.

"You ruined me as the Big Bad. And, its all because you couldn't keep your dimpled knees closed."

Buffy punched Spike as hard as she could. He went flying across the room into the wall behind him. Everyone in the room watched as Spike got his bearing's and stood. He growled and lunged for Buffy, but Angel grabbed him.

"I could kill you!" Buffy threatened.

Spike pushed Angel off of him. " Dont bother. When the sun sets I'm gone."

"Good riddance."

Spike pointed at Buffy. "You better watch it Slayer. We're still mortal enemies, always will be."

"Oh you're scaring me."

Spike and Buffy continued to spar. Angel tried to interfere but Buffy only started yelling at him too.

"Enough!" Giles shouted.

All three stopped shouting and turned to look at Giles.

"Spike you aren't going anywhere."

"What?"

"Until we figure out why this is happening you will remain in Sunnydale and you will stay with Buffy."

"Giles." Buffy protested.

"If Spike's dreams are any indication of what's to come we will need him."

"For what?"

"Well, if his dreams are becoming more and more prominent like yours, then he may have answers for us."

Spike scoffed. "Like I'd tell you lot."

"You will tell us Spike or we will kill you." Giles warned.

Without saying another word Spike left the room and went down to the basement.

"So, now that Spike knows do you think we should start research?" Willow asked startling Angel and Buffy who had forgotten she was still there.

"Um, yes." Giles agreed standing up. "Buffy, you and Angel stay here and make sure Spike doesn't leave. We may need him."

"But...."

'Okay." Angel answered stopping Buffy from another disagreement.

"Good."

Buffy promised to call Willow later that night and asked Giles to call her if anything came up. She closed the door and sighed heavily.

"What the hell is going on here Angel?" she asked not turning to look at him.

"Buffy you may not realize this right now. But, Spike is the father of your child and you need him."

Buffy stood in silence, resting her forehead against the door. Finally she spun around and faced him. "He's Spike and I don't need him," she replied her voice laced with hate. She passed him and started up the stairs. "And I don't need this from you."

"Buffy." Angel called after her from the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm going to take a nap."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike waited until the sun set then made his way upstairs. He entered the kitchen and started for the backdoor.

"Going somewhere Spike?"

Spike jerked his head to the side and saw Angel leaning against the counter.

"Yeah." He answered opening the door and stepping outside.

He started in the direction of the Bronze. He knew Angel was behind him, but he just kept right on walking.

"You're not leaving Spike."

"Sod off!" Spike threw over his shoulder. He then pulled out a cigarette and lit it.

"Ill tie you down if I have to."

Exhaling a cloud of smoke Spike turned to address Angel. "Im coming back. Just need to clear my head is all."

"Right and why should I believe you?"

Spike took another drag off his cigarette. "Follow me if you want. I don't care."

Angel watched Spike walk away, he debated whether to follow him or not. Finally he decided he shouldn't leave Buffy alone and headed back inside.

TBC..............................................."Feedback is good for the writer's soul!"