Chapter 20: "Forgetting"

Rated: NC-17


~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy awoke to the sound of a loud, irritating noise. She rolled over onto her side and slammed her hand down on the alarm. The noise stopped and she rolled onto her back and sighed. She heard someone groan beside her. She glanced over and saw Spike asleep on his stomach, the sheet covering him up to his waist, his head on the edge of the pillow, his arm tucked underneath it while the other hung off the side of the bed.

Buffy reached over and shook him roughly.

"Spike, get up."

He groaned again. He lifted his head and turned it to see Buffy glaring at him.

"Wake me up for another go, pet?" he asked, turning over slowly.

Buffy curled her lip. "A whole lotta 'no' to that question."

Spike slinked closer to her. He moved his hand down under the blanket.

"Come on, pet," he urged. "Start the day off right with a bit o' shaggin."

"Did you not hear me when I said no the first time?" she asked.

Spike only continued his hand's descent.

Buffy sighed when she realized he wasn't going to give up anytime soon.

"I have to be somewhere."

Spike moved over her, pinning her down to the mattress.

"At least let me have a little breakfast before you go."

Buffy shook her head and covered the wound on her neck from last night with her hand.

"I am not letting you bite me again. I don't know why I let you in ...."

"That's not what I had in mind," he interrupted, inching down her body.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joyce passed by Buffy's room and heard a moan. She placed her ear flat against the door, waiting for another sound. A knock at the front door stopped her before she could listen for any more noise.

Reluctantly she stepped away from the door and made her way down the steps to see who was visiting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike licked Buffy's quivering cunt one last time, lapping up her sweet juices before crawling up the length of her body.

"Nummy," he commented. "Enjoy that?"

Buffy licked her chapped lips. She looked at Spike through hooded eyes and nodded her head.

"Yeah," she breathed.

"Now comes the fun part," he said before sliding himself inside her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Buffy has a doctor's appointment today?" Joyce asked, closing the door behind Willow and Oz.

Willow looked up the stairs then turned to Joyce.

"Yep, Oz and I are taking her."

"I thought she just had one."

"Oh, well this is just an information appointment. They just want to give her the results of some tests they ran and give her her prenatal vitamins."

"Well, let me go wake Buffy. I don't know why she isn't up yet."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy barely heard the knock on her door over Spike's grunting. It wasn't until she heard her mother's voice that she became aware someone was on the other side.

"Spike," Buffy panted, pushing at his shoulders.

"Ignore it. They'll go away," Spike said, still pumping in and out of her.

Buffy shoved him off her. She rose from the bed and frantically searched for something to cover herself with. She found her robe and put it on.

"Uh, Slayer?" she heard Spike say just as she reached for the knob.

Buffy looked over her shoulder. Spike was sprawled on the bed, the covers bunched at his feet revealing his nude form.

"You gonna leave me like this?" he asked moving his eyes down.

Buffy followed his gaze. Her eyes caught sight of his throbbing erection jutting out from his body.

"You did it to me the other night," she replied coldly.

Buffy turned the knob and opened the door a little. She squeezed out into the hallway, careful to not let her Mom see Spike.

"Mom, what's up?"

Joyce eyed her daughter suspiciously. "Are you okay? Are you sick? You look a little flushed."

Buffy cupped her face in her hands. "What?....No, I'm fine."

"Okay," Joyce said softly, still staring at Buffy with concern. "Willow is downstairs. She's here to take you to the doctor's."

Buffy groaned. "I completely forgot about that. Um, tell her I'll be right down."

Buffy smiled weakly at her mother before squeezing through the door back into her room.

"Shit, shit, shit," Buffy cursed, moving around the room hurriedly.

"What's the hurry, luv?" Spike asked, watching her shove her arms into a shirt.

"Willow's downstairs."

"And?"

"And, I have a doctor's appointment to go to."

Spike sat up. "The baby?"

Buffy spotted her sweats and quickly put them on.

"Yes."

"Shouldn't I go? I am the father after all."

Buffy found her shoes and slipped them on. "You can't, it's the middle of the day."

Spike fell back against the pillows, defeated. "Next time make it at night," he suggested.

Buffy ignored him. She fluffed her hair and looked herself over in the mirror. Satisfied with what she'd managed in a few minutes, she left without saying a word to Spike.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy was waiting, impatiently, in Dr. Morris's office. The nurse had brought her in and told her that Dr. Morris was busy with another patient and that she was supposed to wait here. For twenty minutes Buffy had sat in the chair in front of Dr. Morris's desk, her eyes surveying the room and its contents. On the desk there were picture frames of Dr. Morris and what Buffy presumed was her family. Two children dressed in a gypsy outfit and a pirate's outfit were the focal point of one picture. Buffy picked it up and brought it closer to her. She studied the children's faces, the bright smiles they wore, the contentment in their eyes. How she envied them.

Buffy sighed and replaced the frame back on the desk in its previous spot. She went back to looking around the room and reading various posters on pregnancy and one on "101 Ways to Praise a Child". She nearly jumped out of her seat when she heard the door click open.

"Buffy," Dr. Morris greeted without lifting her head up from the file she was reading. "How are you feeling today?"

Buffy watched Dr. Morris walk behind her desk and sit down in her huge leather executive looking chair. The doctor finally looked up at Buffy, waiting for an answer.

"Exhausted."

Dr. Morris smiled. "That's to be expected."

Buffy leaned forward a little, trying to peek at the file Dr. Morris had open on her desk.

"So, how does everything look?"

"Fine."

Buffy exhaled in relief.

"But," Dr. Morris went on, flipping through the papers of Buffy's file.

"But what?"

"Your iron level is pretty low."

"Is that a bad thing?"

Dr. Morris eyed Buffy. She noted the concerned look on her face and the fear that was evident in her eyes.

"Nothing that pills won't fix."

Buffy exhaled again. These doctor visits were turning out to be more stressful than the
slaying part of her life.

Dr. Morris picked up a pen and started to fill out a prescription for Buffy to get filled. When she finished she placed the pen aside and folded her hands together and rested them on top of the desk.

"Before you leave there is one thing I would like to discuss with you."

"Okay."

"I want to meet the father."

Buffy's mouth fell open. She had been expecting something surprising, but this...this statement made her heart stop.

"You what?" Buffy choked out after some of the shock drained from her system.

"The father. You said you knew who the father was, so I would like to meet him."

"Um.....he and I......me and him....we don't really......"

"He doesn't have to come with you. Can you just give me his name or phone number? I want to meet him. See what he's like." Dr. Morris explained. "The way I work is I like to know everything about my patients and their baby."

"I can tell you everything you need to know. Believe me."

"Buffy, if you don't want me to talk to him it's all right. I just thought I would run it by you and see what you thought. It's really not that important. I just wanted to talk to him, ask him how he feels about the baby. And maybe answer some questions he has. Father's are as much a part of the pregnancy as the mother is."

Buffy huffed. "Yeah, but with the added bonus of no pain."

"With the way your hormones are going to change, believe me, the man does go through pain.....for at least a couple months."

Buffy smiled weakly then glanced down at the prescription note in her hand. She was shocked at the amount of pills Dr. Morris had prescribed.

"All this for the baby?"

"Some for you as well."

Buffy folded the paper and placed it neatly in her pocket. "Is that all?" she asked, glancing back up at Dr. Morris.

"Yes, you can set up your next appointment on the way out."

"Thank you."

Buffy stood and turned towards the door. She was halfway to it when Dr. Morris spoke.

"I hope you change your mind about the father. I would really like to meet him."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For two hours Spike remained in Buffy's bed. He laid awake finishing the job Buffy had abandoned. Jerking himself off to images of Dru and Buffy flashing through his mind. After that was taken care of he listened to Joyce moving around downstairs, waiting for her to leave. Finally she left and he was able to move around Buffy's room. He got dressed and debated on whether he should go to the basement and wait for Buffy to return or stay in her room. Being the evil vampire that he was he decided on the latter and began his snooping.

The first place he investigated was her dresser drawers. Nothing important in there, just her knickers and other dainty stuff. Before closing it and moving on, he snatched a pair of silk undies and shoved them into his pants pocket. He could use them next time he had to get off, alone. Even though he knew there would never be a next time, they would be for a 'just in case' scenario.

Her desk was the next area for his snooping. Lightly pushing papers aside on top of the desk he found nothing of interest. He pulled open a drawer and found a book shoved way in the back. He plucked it out and read the title.

"What to Expect When You're Expecting," he read aloud.

Intrigued, he sat down in the chair and opened the book to read.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy came home and found Spike still in her room, laying on her bed with his nose buried in a book.

"What are you doing?"

Spike lifted his head. "This is bloody amazing," he said, returning to his reading without answering her question. "Did you know that your breast size will double by the end of your pregnancy.....it wont stay that way, sad to say, but still double. And, did you also know that a birth can take up to 24 hours?"

Buffy went over to him and jerked the book out of his grasp.

"You went through my desk," she cried, her voice laced with disgust.

Spike folded his arms behind his head and laid back on the pillow. "Had to find something to do. You did leave me alone with your mum still prancing about."

Buffy growled low in her throat and threw the book at him. Spike caught it. He opened it and flipped through the pages.

"Hormones," he said, his eyes scanning the pages still. "Book said somethin' about hormones, how they make the woman all moody. I'll have to read some more on that topic, 'cause a hormonal slayer cannot be a good thing."

"These aren't hormones, Spike," Buffy spat. "It's just me being annoyed with you as usual."

Spike stood up from the bed. "You weren't so annoyed with me last night....or this morning."

Buffy rolled her eyes. "Last night I must have been out of my mind."

Spike smiled at her excuse. "Out of your mind with ecstasy."

He moved closer until he was standing in front of her. He heard Buffy's breathing shift roughly. The smile on his face grew.

"Your mum won't be home for hours," he told her, running his hand over the bottom of her shirt. "You can scream and moan as loud as you want. No worries."

Buffy inhaled sharply when his cool hand ducked under her shirt and touched her skin.

"You don't have to be anywhere," he continued to tick off reasons. "I can't leave....sun's out."

Spike knelt down in front of her as he held her gaze with his own. His fingers hooked inside the waistband of her sweats and pulled them down to her ankles.

Buffy looked away. Her eyes focused on the wall in front of her, her mind trying to think of anything besides the feel of Spike's hands on her thighs, his lips brushing against the material covering her most intimate area.

Spike stood. He lifted his hands and cupped her face. He stroked her cheek with the pad of his thumb. He could feel the strength in her body draining away, watched as her eyes clouded over with desire. Slowly he pulled her towards the bed. He turned her around and gently laid her down on her back. He pulled her panties off and spread her legs wide. His eyes meet hers one last time before he lowered his head.

Buffy tilted her head to the side and closed her eyes. She let herself be pulled away. For once forgetting about her life. Forgetting who and what Spike was and just allowing herself to enjoy what he gave.


TBC.....................

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."
-Tupac Shakur