Chapter 21: "Who's that Girl?" (PG-13)



~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spike strolled down the sidewalk, a cigarette held in his left hand. After the sun had set and Buffy had left he'd decided to pay someone a visit. He heard giggling coming from up ahead and lifted his head to see who it was.

A group of girls, obviously wasted, were walking, half stumbling, in his direction. As they got closer he moved aside to avoid running into them. Other times he would have gladly remained in their way, but tonight he just wanted to find this place he was going to.

"Hey cutie," he heard a girl slur as the group passed.

"Alison," the girl's other friends gasped before bursting into another fit of laughter.

He faintly caught Alison's remark to her friends that she wouldn't mind screwing him.

"Stupid chit," Spike mumbled, tossing the cigarette butt away before reaching into his pocket.

He pulled out a napkin and unfolded it. The number on it was barely legible from being crammed inside his pocket for so long.

"103," he read aloud.

Spike glanced upwards and noticed that he had finally reached the place his acquaintance was staying at. He passed several rooms before finding the door marked '103' and knocked.

The door swung open and a girl stood there staring at him. She smiled.

"I'm glad you decided to stop by," she said, stepping aside and allowing him to come in."

The dirty motel Spike required no invite and Spike walked into the center of room and looked around slowly. It was a small, simple room, with only a bed and nightstand. Not a telly in sight, he observed.

"Vanessa, what are you doing here?" he asked, not turning around to address her.

"You know why I'm here," she answered casually, her body propped against the door that was now closed.

Spike chuckled softly. "You're right, I do know why you're here. So, I guess the more appropriate question would be how did you find me?"

This time he did turn around to look at her.

Vanessa smiled. "I followed the trail you left," she replied, pushing off the door and walking over to the bed. She sat down casually on the edge and continued. "After living with vampires for a while you tend to pick up on places they hide out, and who to ask questions to."

"I'm not hiding."

Vanessa quirked her brows at his declaration. "You're not hiding from my brother?"

"Not anymore. I have bigger problems than an over-protective brother."

"I would worry if I were you," she suggested. "He's still very upset that you ruined my marriage to Nyzamur."

"I didn't ruin anything. You could've still married that chaos demon."

Vanessa stood and moved to stand in front of him. She shook her head slowly back and forth.

"Nyzamur wanted a virgin wife. After my night with you I wasn't so pure or innocent anymore."

Spike eyed Vanessa coldly. "Does your brother know what happened that night?"

"He knows what he knows."

Spike sighed roughly. "So, he doesn't know that you sought me out, got me drunk and seduced me," Spike said, stressing each proclamation of 'me' with irritation.

"All he cares to know is that you ruined a prosperous merger for him."

"You know you're being here is going to get us both killed."

"If he finds out."

"He won't find out."

Vanessa's eyes lit up and she smiled. The look on her face proved to Spike that she knew something.

"What did you do?"

Vanessa turned away from him and made her way back to the bed. "Let's just say that I covered my tracks better than you did."

Spike ran a hand through his hair then down his face. "I don't know why I came here."

"I do," Vanessa said, lifting her hand to the front of her shirt. "You've been thinking of me like I've been thinking of you," she explained as she started to unbutton her shirt. "Ever since our night together I've been on your mind."

Spike studied her before lowering his eyes. He started to pat his hands around his duster, feeling for his smokes. When he located them he pulled one free and lit it.

"Not really, pet," he told her, flicking his lighter closed with a quick snap of his wrist. "Like I said before, got bigger things on my mind."

Vanessa finished unbuttoning her shirt and was now sliding it off her shoulders. "I can take your mind off these big problems you claim to have."

Spike inhaled deeply from the fag between his lips, holding her gaze with his own. Usually right about now, maybe even before she had the first button undone, he would be slamming into her. Fucking her so hard she'd be a pile of mush by the time he was done. She was a sight to behold. Her auburn hair falling just below her waist. Her green eyes holding the right amount of desire in them, showing that she gave as good as she received. Surprising attribute for a virgin, he thought, to know already the art of seduction with the minimal amount of experience she had.

But, despite all this, he didn't want to. Well, he wanted to, just not right now. Only hours before he had finished shagging the slayer, and somehow it just seemed too soon for another roll in the hay.

Spike took one last drag off his cigarette before putting it out in the ashtray on the nightstand. He noticed out of the corner of his eye as Vanessa pulled off her bra. He lifted his eyes to her.

Who was he kidding? He could go for another roll, especially with Vanessa.

Spike straightened his body and shrugged out of his duster. A low laugh sounded in Vanessa's throat just as Spike pinned her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Buffy, you're here," Xander called, seeing the petite slayer enter the library. "We were starting to wonder if you'd show up or not."

"Sorry guys," she apologized, walking over to Angel, who was leaning against a bookcase. "Something came up."

Something had come up, she wasn't lying. That something had been Spike, in fact he had come up two additional times before she could leave to come to the meeting.

Buffy mentally berated herself, wondering what the hell was wrong with her. She couldn't understand why she was allowing herself to succumb to Spike so effortlessly and so often.

"Something wrong?"

Buffy heard Angel's voice over her thoughts and quickly shut them off. She stopped by his side and glanced up at him, flashing a bright smile.

"Everything's fine," she answered. "Why do you ask?"

"You just seem distracted."

"Nope, no distraction here. Completely distraction free."

"Good, Buffy, you're here."

Angel and Buffy both turned their heads to see Giles coming out of his office with a pile of books in his hands. He made his way to the table Xander, Willow, and Oz were seated at and plopped
them down on it.

"Just in time to help us go through some books," he said, taking his glasses off and looking in her direction.

Buffy's face fell at the sight of all the books scattered across the table.

"Uh.....maybe I should patrol," she mumbled, her eyes still glued to the books. "I'm good with the patrol thing."

"Come on, Buffy," Willow said, taking a book off the top of the pile. "You can read with me."

"Buffy, you can't leave the library," Giles informed her. "Angel's friend is due to arrive any minute and you will need to be here."

Buffy sighed and let her shoulders slump. She dragged herself over to the table and fell into a chair beside Willow.

"All right."

Angel moved away from the bookcase and headed towards the door. "I'm going to go see if I can find my friend," he told them, reaching for the door. "Make sure he's not lost."

No one bothered to look up from the books they were reading.

"Okay?"

Giles finally acknowledged him. "Yes, of course Angel. Go make sure....." his voice trailed off. Obviously the book being more interesting than where Angel was heading.

"I'll be right back."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Angel was sure he was far enough away from the library he let his fury fly. His fist went sailing into the lockers that lined one side of the hallway. The metal crushed under his violent blow. He turned away from the lockers and started pacing back and forth in the hallway. His demon was on the verge of emerging. It had taken everything in him to control it in the library earlier when Buffy stood next to him. It angered him that she was lying. Lying to him and to her friends about everything.

"So, now do you believe me?"

Angel growled low when he heard the familiar voice of his friend. He stopped his pacing and rested his head against the cool metal of the lockers.

"He's all over her," he said through clenched teeth. "I can smell it."

"That's the way it must be," his friend told him calmly.

"Why? She doesn't love him. He doesn't love her."

"Not yet."

Angel spun away from the lockers and grabbed his friend by the throat, slamming him into the wall opposite the lockers.

"He won't ever love her. I'll kill him before he does."

"Calm down Angelus. I told you it would be this way."

Angel dropped his hand and turned away from his friend.

"Don't call me that."

His friend brushed his hands over his shirt sleeves and straightened his clothes. He stepped away from the wall.

"The way you're acting it only seems appropriate."

"You know why I'm acting this way."

"Yes, I do."

The man waited for Angel to calm himself. He hated seeing his friend this way, fighting against his inner demon. He hated seeing what this was doing to him and knowing that it would only get worse.

TBC.........................