Chapter 23: "Your Whore" (R)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Any particular nasty you guys looking for?" Spike asked from behind Buffy and Angel.

After an hour they had finished patrolling two cemeteries, finding only two newly risen vamps, and now they were in their third cemetery and nothing big had happened yet.

"I don't know why we're still here," Spike continued. "This place is dead."

Buffy stopped and turned to him. "That was really clever, Spike. How long did it take you to come up with that one?"

"'Bout as long as it will take you to dust that vamp," he replied, his gaze fixed behind her.

Angel and Buffy both went into attack mode. Buffy took in the appearance of the vamp and laughed. He was completely decked out in 70's vintage clothing.

"Can we say Travolta reject?" she joked, pulling a stake from her jacket.

Spike walked over to a nearby gravestone and took a seat on it. He pulled a cigarette out and lit it.

"Now, now Slayer," he tsked, blowing out a cloud of smoke. "Don't you know it's impolite to insult your prey before killing it."

Before Buffy could tell Spike to shut it, the vampire lunged at her. She plunged her stake into its heart and the vamp exploded into dust.

Buffy started to cough violently as the dust drifted in the air towards her face. She
waved her hand around in front of her, shooing away the remaining dust.

"I wonder if you can die from inhaling too much dust," she choked out.

Angel lifted his head and surveyed their surroundings. Spike was right, the place was
dead.

"Maybe we should call it a night," he suggested. "You can go home and get some sleep. You look tired."

Spike leapt down from the gravemarker. "Now that's the best bloody idea I've heard all
day."

He made his way to Buffy.

"Come, Slayer. I'll walk you home." He leaned closer and added in a low voice. "Even
tuck you in if you're a good girl."

Buffy shut her eyes. As tempting as his offer was, she really did not want to fall into bed
with Spike again. Two times, or was it three? It didn't matter, because there would be no
more times.

"No, I think we should patrol a little longer," she said, moving away from Spike's
closeness.

Spike groaned in agony. "Cor, this is boring as hell."

"Maybe if you helped instead of talking our ears off and chasing away all the vamps, it
wouldn't be so boring."

"Unlike the poofter here, I don't kill my own kind."

"Then why did you come, Spike?" Angel inquired, becoming irritated with his grandchilde.

"Slayer knows why I came," Spike answered simply, sliding his gaze towards Buffy.

Angel didn't have to wonder what Spike was implying. He knew exactly why Spike had
come, and he bet that his being here ruined his plans.

"Listen, Spike. If you promise to shut up for a minute, we'll leave after we finish this
cemetery."

"Fine."

"Buffy, maybe we should split up. Cover more area and finish quicker."

"All right. You and Spike go patrol the north side and I'll..."

"I'm not going with Peaches."

"Why?"

"Can't stand him is why."

Buffy exhaled harshly. "God, Spike, you can be so childish."

"Spike, go with Buffy. I'll take the north side alone."

Buffy watched Angel wander off through the graves. After he was fully gone she turned
her attention to Spike.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!"

Spike grinned. "Been waiting all day to get you alone."

"All day? You were with me half the day."

Spike reached out to her and took hold of her around the waist. He pulled her to him
roughly.

"And, it was a good half day, right?"

Buffy wanted to push him away, she really did, but while her head screamed 'no', her body screamed 'yes'.

"Yes," she replied weakly.

Spike lowered his mouth to her neck. He sucked on the area below her ear then trailed his lips lower.

Buffy started to breathe heavily. Her hands shot up from her sides and clung to his
shoulders. She felt so weak. Her entire being was turning to Jello as Spike's tongue and
mouth moved over her skin.

"I want you, Slayer." She heard Spike groan. "I want to bury myself inside you."

Buffy pulled away, but not because she was repulsed by his admission, but because she wanted him too. Her hands began the job of pulling his shirt out of his jeans.

Spike stood still, allowing her to undress him. His mind played with all the thoughts of
what he was going to do to her once they were both sans clothing.

Buffy's mind continued to scream at her, telling her that what she was doing was wrong. It was wrong to be starting this here, in the open, with Angel only inches away. But, her body paid no attention to the protests. So, her hands continued their task. Once Spike's shirt was off Buffy froze.

Spike saw the Slayer's eyes widen in shock. He wondered what was wrong and looked
down to see what she was staring at.

That's when he saw them. Vanessa's marks. Scratches ran down from his shoulder to the top of his chest. A small circle, most likely a hickey, showed beside one nipple.

Spike looked back up at Buffy in time to see her step further away from him.

"Slayer-"

"Where were you earlier?" she asked, her eyes still glued to his chest.

"Visiting a friend."

Buffy clutched at her stomach. She felt like she was going to be sick.

"Oh, my god."

Spike watched her hunch over. He cursed himself for telling her the truth about what he
had been doing earlier. His mistake caused her to put two and two together.

"Slayer, these are from you," he tried unsuccessfully to cover, walking over to her and
grabbing her arm.

Buffy jerked her arm free. "Don't touch me," she warned. "I can't believe I let you into my
bed," she whispered, her gaze focused on the ground as her mind processed everything.

"I feel like a slut, a whore. I let you touch me and....oh god."

"Buffy."

"I am a whore. One of your whores."

Spike pulled Buffy straight and forced her to look at him. "You wanted it."

Buffy struggled to get free, but Spike held firm. "You invited me into your bed willingly,"
he growled. "But, just because I slept with you doesn't mean I'm going to be monogamous."

"Let go of me, Spike."

"Spike!" Spike heard Angel yell his name.

Buffy finally broke free and ran to Angel's side.

"Buffy?" Angel said, seeing the horror in her eyes. "What happened?"

Buffy didn't answer him. She couldn't think right now, she only knew that she wanted to
get far away from Spike.

"Take me home."

Angel nodded his head and placed his arm around her.

Spike watched Angel lead Buffy away before he cursed.

"Bloody hell!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hours after Angel had left Buffy's house, Spike stormed through the front door. He
stopped at the foot of the steps and stared up at the second floor.

He was tempted to march up them and bang on Buffy's door. But, he knew if he did he
would wake Joyce up and he didn't want to do that. So, instead he went down into the
basement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy heard the basement door slam and relaxed. Her whole body had tensed when she
heard Spike come in. For a minute she wondered how he had gotten in. She was sure she locked the door after Angel left, mainly to keep him out. She figured her mother probably gave him a key just in case he ever left while they were asleep.

'Great.' she thought. Can't even lock him out of her house, let alone her life.

She didn't tell Angel what had happened. If she did she would have had to reveal that she was sleeping with Spike and she didn't want to do that. So, she made up a lie about feeling sick and throwing up on Spike. That excuse also covered his question about why Spike's shirt had been off. She didn't think he'd buy it, but he did. Hook, line and sinker.

Once Angel was gone she went to the bathroom and took a shower. Cleaning off all the
filth she felt from Spike's touches earlier. But, no matter how hard she scrubbed or how
long she still felt dirty.

Now here she was, in bed, almost wishing that Spike would come into her room and touch her again.

"No more," she told herself, pushing away all thoughts of Spike. "Never again."

TBC.........................


"We know what we are, but know not what we may be."