Chapter 26: "Normal"

Disclaimer: See previous chapters

Rated: R

Special thanks to my beta-girl....Sarah(vampgrl)!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy shot to her feet quickly and slowly started to back away from Spike.

"What's going on? Why is your heart beating?"

Spike managed to get to his knees again, his fingers clawing into the dirt. His head was slumped forward, falling lazily between his shoulders until his forehead made contact with the ground.

"Spike," Buffy whispered. She carefully reached a hand out to him, concern etched across her face as she studied him.

Spike's head snapped up. His eyes had shifted back to their demon state, glowing a bright yellow and directed solely at Buffy.

"Bitch!" he spat harshly.

Buffy jerked her hand back. Her eyes started to sting as fresh tears formed. She stood there frozen, watching as Spike made his way closer, his eyes still locked on her.

Buffy finally broke free of her trance and spun to get away from him. She screamed as she ran into something hard and two hands gripped her arms.

"Ramone," she gasped once she saw whom it was she had run into.

"When did it start?" he inquired, pushing her aside and going to kneel beside Spike.

"What?" Buffy asked, turning around. Her body trembled when her eyes connected with Spike's again.

"Bitch, what..."

Spike howled in pain, the feeling in his chest seeming to double. After the pain subsided he lifted his gaze again to Buffy.

"What did you do to me?"

Buffy eyes grew wide and she looked over at Ramone. "I didn't."

"I know," Ramone spoke quickly. "When did it start?"

Buffy observed as Ramone placed his hands on Spike's body. "About five minutes ago," she finally answered. "We were...talking and then he...his heart." Her sentence died on her lips as she watched Spike collapse to the ground again.

"What are you doing?"

Ramone had his hands positioned over Spike's chest. "Just going to stop the pain."

Buffy heard him start to chant softly under his breath.

"Rimuova questo dolore.
Il battito cardiaco cessa
Rende la sua cassa intorpidita al dolore."

Spike suddenly stopped moving. His body froze, his hands fell to his sides, but most of all his cries of pain had ceased.

"Come here Buffy," Ramone called, reaching his hand out in her direction.

Buffy shook her head violently, stuttering, "I can't. He gets worse when I get closer."

Ramone lifted his gaze from Spike long enough to glance up at her.

"It's gone," he assured her. "I need you to help me get him inside."

This time Buffy didn't hesitate to approach Spike. Pushing her confusion and fear aside she conjured up all her strength to help carry the semi-conscious vampire to shelter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What happened?" Buffy asked sternly, her shakky demeanor from before clearly gone
and replaced by her slayer-self.

After debating over whether to take Spike to his crypt or Angel's, both decided that her place would be more suitable. After setting Spike up in the den on the couch, Buffy had pulled Ramone towards the kitchen intent on drilling him for answers.

Buffy had followed close behind him, studying him and going over in her head what shealready knew about him. Outward appearances suggested he was polished and refined, with his neatly combed sandy brown hair and light blue eyes. But, she knew there was something about him. Something that set off warning bells in her head from the moment she laid eyes on him. Tonight cinched that feeling. The power she felt rush through her and around her during his incantation had been overwhelming, proving to her that he was one powerful demon.

Ramone eyed Buffy from across the room while leaning against the refrigerator.

"What happened when?" he asked, knowing that her question was loaded.

Buffy folded her arms in front of her. "Before you came. After you came," she replied. "Just tell me what the hell is going on."

"Everything is falling into place. If I were to tell you what was to come it would ruin everything, don't you think?"

Buffy flailed her arms wildly in the air. "I don't want to know what's to come. I want to know what's happening now and why."

"You already know what is happening. As for why it's happening, well if I told you it will ultimately reveal to you what's to come."

Buffy glared at him. She hated to admit this to herself, but she was really debating over killing this guy, his help be damned. Who the hell did he think he was?

"Okay, obviously you're not fully processing what I'm asking here."

Ramone's lip curled into a half smile. He was finally starting to see what Angel loved about this girl.

"I think I'll stick around until Spike has calmed down some more," Ramone told her,pushing off the fridge.

"I can handle him," Buffy argued as he passed her to leave the kitchen.

"Judging by your state of shock earlier, I don't think you'd be able to deal with him if he woke up," he said, ignoring her and continuing on into the den.

"Why were you following us?" Buffy asked quietly. She turned from the doorway to face him, waiting for his answer.

"That's not really a pressing matter at the moment."

Buffy shook her head slowly and chuckled lightly at his remark. She moved away from the door to come up right in front of him. Gradually she lifted her face until her eyes met his. Her face was hard, her lips drawn tightly into a thin line. Her eyes held darkness and glared straight into the eyes of the demon in front of her.

"You think because your Angel's friend that you're safe?" she asked, her voice dripping in ice. "Do you think that because you're 'supposedly'helping us that I can't kill you? Guess again. The next time I catch you following Spike, or me, I will hurt you. Regardless of what you are or who you work for."

"I'd watch yourself Ms. Summers," Ramone warned. "I may not be helping the way you'd like me to, but I am helping. And, you should be thankful for that alone."

"Is that a threat Ramone? Cause last time I chec..."

"That is a promise Ms. Summers." He answered before walking away to leave her standing alone in the dark foyer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Spike eyed the sleeping form of the Slayer from his place seated on the couch. Minutes ago he had woken up and discovered that he was not in his crypt andthat he was not alone. After finally piecing together where he was and recalling what had happened earlier in the cemetery, he remained where he was, on the couch, his eyes trained on Buffy.

Buffy was curled up into a tight ball on one of the plush sofa chairs situated directly across from the couch. Her breathing was slow and steady, meaning that she was obviously in a deep state of REM.

Spike idly wondered if she was comfortable, all squished into that confining space, her body twisted in ways that were sure to cause her to ache tomorrow. Maybe he should take her up to her bed.

'No,' He growled to his subconscious, knowing it was thinking of other possible things to do once he got her upstairs. 'Can't touch the bitch ever again.'

"She's a bad girl."

Spike nodded his head, agreeing with the voice that suddenly sounded from beside him.

"Yes, she is, pet. Yes she is."

Dru brought her hand up to rest against Spike's cheek, softly urging him to look at her. He didn't budge.

"Thump, thump." She cooed, moving the hand down from his face to his chest."Wicked, wicked noise."

"One touch," Spike mumbled, glancing down at the pale hand that rested over his still newly beating heart. "One touch, one time. She ruined me."

"Fix it," Dru told him.

Spike finally acknowledged her presence, turning his face to look at her. His eyes lit up when he saw his dark goddess, and his body ached to be with her again.

"Dru. My Drusilla," he spoke lovingly. "I'm burning from the inside out and I can't stop it."

"The fire grows, as does your passion. You still want her, don't you?"

Spike returned his gaze to Buffy. He swallowed hard as realization dawned on him. He did still want her; he couldn't stop himself from wanting her. He wanted to run his hands over the warm, soft skin that slid against his while she was beneath him, to play with the silky strands of hair that brushed against his face while she rode him. He wanted to experience it all again. He couldn't get enough of her it seemed.

"God yes," he groaned in answer, feeling himself respond to his mind's thoughts.

Dru guided his eyes back to her. "She belongs to you. She is your's to have. No one can take her away from you." She stopped her words long enough to grab. Spike's attention so he would know the importance of what she was about to say. "At least not until the baby is born."

"What do you mean?"

Dru stood up and seemed to drift across the room towards Buffy. She circled the Slayer, letting her hands hover over her. She then glanced back at Spike and smiled wickedly at him before turning her attention to a shelf lined with pictures.

"Everything will be back to normal. No more Slayer and her nosy friends," she snarled swatting angrily at a frame that housed a picture of Buffy and the original scoobs. "You won't taste of ashes, daddy will come home..."

"Angelus?"

Dru began to sway back and forth, closing her eyes and mumbling something
softly under her non-breath. "Things will be as they once were. Evil...dark...normal."

"You call this normal?" Spike asked, banging his fist roughly against his chest. "My heart is beating Dru. There is nothing normal about that."

Dru opened her eyes and giggled. She tugged her bottom lip between her teeth and leered at Spike with eyes full of mischief, like she knew something he didn't.

"Fix it," she repeated.

"How?" Spike wondered, watching her as she returned to his side.

"The baby."

"Wha...?"

She silenced him with a gentle finger over his mouth. Her gaze drifted down to his lips and slowly she started to lower her head. Their mouths connected and an all-consuming need crashed over them.

Spike pulled Dru close to him, crushing her with his powerful arms and devouring her with his gentle lips.

Dru pulled away, letting her head fall back as Spike trailed his mouth down along her throat.

"Yes, Spike. Don't fight it. Take her. Make her yours. Make her beg for you, ache for you." she commanded, running her fingers through the hair at his nape. "And, in the end."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Spike?"

Spike jerked his body violently away from the warm hand that was touching him. He glared around the room hastily, trying once again to assess where he was. Then he remembered. Dru had been here, in his arms, telling him to...

"Buffy?" He said.

She was kneeling in front of him. Her body placed conveniently between his thighs. When had she woken up? How long had she been staring at him?

"Are you okay?" She asked gently. "I've been calling your name for the last five minutes, but you didn't respond."

Spike stared at her, letting his eyes travel from her mouth, down the smooth column of her throat and finally to the heaving chest just inches away from his crotch. He nearly groaned from the increasing tightness forming between his legs.

"Spike...?"

Buffy yelped when Spike yanked her toward him. Her startled cry swiftly changed to that of a moan when his lips covered her own. She swung her arms around the back of his neck and tightened their hold. Her tongue crept out to touch his as the ferocity of the kiss increased. The moan still rolling around in her throat changed once again, this time to a satisfied sigh as one of his hands made its way under her shirt and closed around a firm breast.

TBC...............