Chapter 31: "Feels like Rain Again"


Las Vegas: One year ago

The two huge maple doors to Jonathan Williams’s penthouse suite burst open with such force the whole hotel seemed to shake. One of the servants who happened to be cleaning the living room right then hurriedly made her escape before her boss made his appearance. She knew from experience to never be in his presence unless called upon, to do otherwise would bring big consequences.

"That mother fucker is going to pay!" Johnny yelled at no one in particular as he stalked across the hardwood floor of his foyer towards his study.

He entered his office and made his way around his desk. He punched the intercom button on his phone and barked an order to the person on the other end. "Get Bryan in here now!"

He released the button and reached over to open a drawer in his desk. His hands shifted through the contents, while his eyes sought out what he was searching for in the drawer. He found what he was looking for and pulled free the vanilla envelope tossing it onto his desk in front of him. He was about to open it when Bryan arrived.

"What’s up boss?" Bryan asked out of breath from rushing to get there.

"Bleached British bastard is what’s up." Johnny replied plopping down into his executive chair. "I go out of my way to help him and what does he do? Fucks my sister and ruins one of the biggest business transactions of my career in the process."

"What do you want me to do?"

"Kill him," Johnny whispered under his breath. "Find him and kill him," he said a little louder this time. "I want to dance the fucking jig in that bastards ashes."

"Can do boss."

Johnny swiveled his chair around to face the floor to ceiling windows that lined one wall of his study. They had a special coating on them that allowed the sunlight to filter through without causing him to burst into flames. He rose from his seat and made his way over to them. He lifted his arm up to lean against them.

"Made me waste all that time looking for his crazy girlfriend…"

"We found her," Bryan informed his boss.

Johnny pushed off the window and spun around to face his most trusted minion. "What did you say?"

"Last night," Bryan elaborated. "We located her finally. Casey and Tad should be arriving with her in the next few hours."

A smile slowly started to form on Johnny’s face. "Well then, this changes everything."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunnydale: Present Day

Johnny stood behind the dark-haired beauty as she gazed out the window towards the wet streets of the Hellmouth. When it had started raining he wasn’t exactly sure, but it made no difference to him because he wasn’t planning on leaving the house anytime soon. He had things to attend to, plans to prepare for. Any day now both he and Dru would make their presence known to the Slayer and hopefully he would get his best revenge on Spike yet. Dru did not know of the latter and he wasn’t about to tell her either. If she knew then none of this would be worth his time. All he cared about right now was making Spike pay.

"Boss." Johnny heard Bryan speak beside him. "Some of the minions are getting hungry. Since it’s raining and all can I let them free to go hunting? I don’t think most of them can wait until nightfall."

Johnny nodded his head. "Fine. Just make sure they stick close to the sewers in case the sun decides to peek out again."

"Okay."

"Oh, and make sure they stay out of the Slayers sight," Johnny added as a last precaution before Bryan left the room. "Although I am sure she’s preoccupied right now, we ca never be too careful."

"I’ll tell them."

Johnny went back to watching Dru once Bryan had left the room. She was still standing by the window, her body swaying slowly back and forth to the invisible music playing in her head. When he first met her it hadn’t taken him long to figure out why Spike had been so adamant about finding her. She had this alluring quality about her that made you want to care for her despite knowing how powerful she really was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Las Vegas: One year ago

"So this is the Drusilla," Johnny stated out loud as he eyed the woman through the two-way mirror.

After being informed by Bryan that Casey and Tad had arrived with their cargo, Johnny had had them place her in one of the rooms to his penthouse. He wanted to watch how she reacted to her surroundings before he officially introduced himself. Right now however she wasn’t doing much but standing in the middle of the room facing them and looking straight ahead.

"Why does she have that doll?" Johnny asked, for the first time noticing the doll she held in her arms.

"Don’t know. Wouldn’t let us take it from her that’s for sure," Casey replied, crossing his arms in front of him.

Tad, the skinnier of the two minions nodded his head in agreement. "Kept talking to it the whole time too. What did she keep calling it? Miss…."

"Edith."

Tad snapped his fingers. "Yeah that was it."

"Did you hear what she was saying?"
Both minions shook their heads at Johnny’s question.

"Alright, you can go. Take the rest of the day off. You two deserve it."

"Thanks Johnny."

"Thanks."

Both minions left Johnny alone in the tiny room to continue observing Drusilla.

‘What are you thinking about?’ Johnny wondered to himself. She still had not moved from that one spot she was in since being placed in the room. Her eyes are what intrigued him most. They seemed to be looking right at him even though he knew she couldn’t see him.

He took two steps to the right, keeping his gaze trained on Dru as he did so. If he had the ability to breath he surely would have held it once he saw her eyes shift with the movement of his body.

"She can’t possibly." He took three steps to the left and sure enough her eyes followed him again. "She’s watching me."

"And listening." He heard her finally speak.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunnydale: Present Day

Drusilla’s moaning snapped Johnny out of his daydreaming back into the present. Her back was turned to the window and she was looking at him.

"What do you see?" He asked her, closing the gap between them as he crossed the room towards her. "Is it Spike?"

"Sky weeping. Daddy weeping," Dru began to chant. "So much pain."

"Who feels pain Dru?"

"Its all wrong," She screamed, dropping Miss Edith to the floor and reaching up to clutch her head with both hands. "The painting is all wrong."

Johnny picked Miss Edith up and went to Dru. "What painting? What do you see? What does Miss Edith tell you?" He held the doll out for her to take.

"No!" She yelled knocking the doll out of his hand and sending it sailing across the floor. "So much pain. So much…." Her voice trailed off as she slowly lowered her hands from her head to rest in front of her. She bit her lower lip and groaned. "Delightful pain."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rovello Drive: Present Day

Spike held the arms of the woman beneath him above her head as he entered her. His pelvis rocked against her hips each time he slid deeper into her warmth, setting his pace to the rhythm of the rain outside as it hit her bedroom window. His eyes connected with hers when he heard her moan. When he had closed his eyes he didn’t know, but he wouldn’t do it again. He wanted to watch her this time, savor every image he could capture from her tonight.

It had taken a lot of convincing on his part to get where he was right now. The whole way home she had stuck by her refusal to share a bed with him tonight. By some miracle, or maybe because he had followed her into her room and began to undress, she ended up changing her mind.

"Buffy." Spike moaned when he felt her legs tighten around him. "So sweet," Spike commented, his mouth closing around one pert nipple. "So perfect."

Buffy stared mesmerized as Spike’s mouth traveled from one breast to the other, lavishing the same amount of attention on both. He repeated the process a few more times before Buffy took a hold of his face and forced him to look at her.

Spike waited for her to say something.

"Do you feel it?"

Spike shook his head, not understanding what she was talking about.

Buffy positioned her hand between their bodies over his chest where his heart was. "Your heart beating. Do you feel it?"

Spike looked away before taking her wrist in his grip and pinning it above her head again. "No," he finally answered, starting up his thrusting again.

Buffy shut her eyes and turned her face. This was becoming too much for her. The longing, the loathing, the fear. Everything was spinning out of control inside of her and it had nothing to do with the vampire currently above her. Everyday she could feel herself becoming more attached to Spike and it scared her. She could keep lying to herself and make believe that it was the baby causing it, but it wasn’t.

Deep inside she knew her heart still belonged to Angel, but she could feel his presence there fading. Something was pushing him away and there was no way to stop it.

Thunder crashed outside. Buffy’s eyes shot open in time to see the lightening brighten the night sky and for her to see Angel watching through the window. Her heart stopped for a brief second before the room went dark again and Angel was gone.

That couldn’t have been him. She told herself. Her mind had to be playing tricks with her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angel slid down the wall next to Buffy’s window. His mouth hung open in shock at what he had just seen. He knew there had been something going on between her and Spike, but to witness it like that was too much for him. His soul burned so much he could almost feel his undead heart aching.

She had seen him. Hopefully he had moved away from the window in time before her brain was able to process that he was really there.

Angel managed to stand up and jump down off the roof onto the lawn. He couldn’t chance her seeing him again. Too much was at stake to let that happen.

TBC…………..