Chapter 4: "Turning Point" (PG-13)

Author's note: For those of you who dont know.....I am a full fledged B/S shipper! So dont worry about Angel being in this story, hes just there.

2 weeks later......

"Okay Buffy now that were all here you want to explain what this unexpected meeting is about?" giles asked coming out of his office in the library.

Buffy waited until everyone had arrived and was seated before she planned on starting. No one knew what the meeting was about or why they were having it this late. She glanced at the clock on the wall, it read 1:00.

"Okay its 1:00 now and if you guys answer all my questions honestly I can guarantee this meeting will be over by 1:15."

"What questions?" Xander asked from his spot on the bookshelf.

"The ones I have about the incident two weeks ago involving Spike." she informed them.

At Buffy's statement everyone stole glances at each other.

"What's there to know, Buff/" Xander asked hopping off the shelf and taking a seat next to his girlfriend Cordelia.

"Well for one thing I want to know why ever since that night you," she said stepping in front of him. "Xander, haven't been able to look me in the eye."

Xander slouched down in his chair and looked everywhere but at her. 'I dont know what youre talking about Buffy."

"And," she continued shifting her focus to Willow. "I want to know why you have been so nervous around me lately, so tense, and why youre always asking me if I remember anything about that day."

"Buffy we already told you everything that happened." Giles told her calmly hoping it would end her interrogation before Willow broke into tears.

Buffy ignored her Watcher and moved to Angel. "And Angel I want to know why everytime I kiss you lately you pull back before our lips even touch and why everytime you look at me I feel like I betrayed you in some way."

Angel shifted uncomfortably on his feet. He hated lying to her for the past few weeks. He hated that seeing her with Spike was eating him up inside.

"Buffy..."

"Tell me the truth Angel. Tell me why I have this scar on my neck. Tell me why.....please."

Angel sighed. "All right, we'll tell you." He looked from Xander to Willow to Giles and said. "We owe her that much."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ten minutes later the truth was out and four people were very relieved. Relieved at finally getting that burden off their shoulders. But in the process of doing so managed to hurt someone they all deeply loved.

All four waited and watched Buffy who was sitting in silence. Her hand was resting along her neck, her fingers rubbing the scar. Slowly she stood and cleared her throat.

"You all lied to me." she she whispered her voice tight and drawn.

"We did it for your own good." Xander spoke up

"My own good?" Buffy repeated. "You performed a spell that made me and Spike...." she paused swallowing hard at the mere thought of sleeping with Spike. "And, then you made me forget it ever happened and lied to me."

Angel rested a hand on her shoulder.

"Dont." she snapped jerking out from under his hand. "Dont touch me."

"Buffy we need to talk about this."

"No....no we dont. I got all the answers I was looking for and now," she inhaled deeply. "And now I want to be alone."

She gathered her coat into her arms and left the library.

"What is her damage?" Cordelia asked once Buffy was gone.

Willow's mouth feel open in shock. " Cordelia were you not here for this whole conversation? Did you even hear that she slept with Spike?

"So, I mean its not like its a bad thing that she slept with Spike.' Cordelia argued then started to fix her hair.

"What did you just say?" Xander asked turning to face his girlfriend. "Did you just say sleeping with Spike was not a bad thing?"

Cordelia rolled her eyes. "Well yeah. I mean its not like hes hairy and has a limp." she looked at Oz. "No offense."

Oz narrowed his eyes at her in confusion. "None taken."

"But hes a vampire. A soulless demon, he kills, he....hes just a big bad thing." Xander cried still in shock that his girlfriend thought Spike was an okay person to sleep with.

"Xander dont get jealous. Its not like Im going to sleep with him."

"Im not....I just cant believe. Its Spike!"

Angel had enough of listening to the couple argue and started to leave the library.

"Angel where are you going?" Giles asked before he even reached the door.

"Im going to find Buffy."

"No youre not." Giles told him. "She wants to be alone, so we are all going to leave her alone."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy ran home, not bothering to do a quick patrol. She snuck in through her bedroom window. Even though her Mother knew she was the Slayer, she still didn't think waking her up this late at night was appropriate. Making sure to be as silent as possible she crept down the hall to the bathroom. She closed and locked the door behind her. She stifled a sob and leaned against the wall. Slowly she slid to the ground. She curled into a tight ball and started rocking back and forth. How could her friends lie to her like that? Why did they think her not knowing was in her best interest? Why was this happening to her?

Wiping her eyes clear she reached for the small trash can next to the toilet. She pulled it to her and stuck her hand in it. She shifted the contents around until she found what she was looking for and pulled it out.

Buffy stared at the test she had taken earlier before her meeting. The two lines stared back at her tauntingly. How could she be pregnant? And by Spike. From what she could remember that day, she was with Angel before going to the factory. After falling through the hole it was a blur. But, according to her friends she fucked Spike. So, he had to be the one that got her knocked up. But, how? Vampires cant reproduce, Angel told her that.

Buffy shock her head. "No, there has to be another way." she told herself.

But anyway she tried to analyze it, it all came back to the same conclusion. She was pregnant and it was Spikes.

TBC............(if I get some feedback, PLEASE!!!)