Chapter 5: "Forgotten but not Gone" (R)

One Month later:

Eventually Buffy had forgiven everyone for lying to her. It had been hard, but in the long run she needed her friends more than anything. She confided in Giles first who was shocked beyond belief. He went about saying that this was a first among any slayer and knew there had to be a reason behind it. He told her he would help her in anyway he could and they would get to the bottom of this. She was grateful for his support, but knew he couldn't do anything to help. Angel was the next to find out. He was the only one who was speechless after finding out the news. But eventually he came around and offered to raise the kid as his own because he loved her. Willow and Cordelia acted like the usual girls, excited that she was having a baby but sad that it happened the way it did. Oz was the most casual. He offered her a 'Congratulations' and that was it, he also offered his help as well. Xander had been the worst. He refused to believe it for the first few days after he heard the news. When he finally excepted it he refused to believe it was Spike's. In fact, he still denies to this day that it's Spikes.

"Water for the buffster."

Buffy's thoughts were interrupted by Xander placing a glass in front of her. They were all at the Bronze having a 'fun night'. Which meant no patrolling, no demon talk, and no discussion about Spike or that day a month ago.

"A water for you." Xander said handing Willow her glass. "Something fruity for milady." he continued giving Cordelia a drink that was pink with an umbrella in it. "And a coke for me." he finished taking his seat next to Cordelia. "You sure you dont want anything Oz? I got enough left over for another water."

Oz shock his head slowly and placed his arm behind Willow. Willow snuggled closer to Oz and looked over at Buffy. "So where's Angel?"

"He had to run by Giles place and drop something off he found last night at the cemetery." She answered then did a quick glance of the place to see if he had arrived yet.

"You miss patrolling?" Willow asked, noticing the forlorn look she gave when she mentioned Angel and patrolling.

"I dont miss it because I still do it."

"But I thought Angel and Giles said they didn't want you patrolling because of the baby." Cordelia wondered still sipping on her drink.

"They might have said that, but that doesn't mean Im going to listen."

Willow smiled. "Oh, rebellious Buffy still lives."

"I'm not being rebellious." she argued. "Like I told Angel, Im the slayer and it is my duty to slay. Therefore I have to patrol."

"Speaking of the undead." Xander spoke up. "Here he comes."

Angel appeared and leaned down to kiss Buffy lightly on the mouth.

"Hey." Buffy greeted resting her hand on his leg once he was seated. "What did Giles say about that thing you found?"

"Not much. He wants to do some research tonight and meet tomorrow."

Willow and Buffy sighed. "Well there goes the dry spell we were having." Willow commented. "I wonder what big bad we have in store this time."

"Hey, hey, hey! What's this?" Xander asked sitting up straight. "I thought tonight was Scooby 'fun night'. You know, no talk of evil or undead things." He glanced at Angel. "Except of course hanging out with one is still okay."

"Xander." Buffy chastised.

"Buffy not tonight." Angel told her placing a hand on her lower back hoping to calm her. "Lets dance."

Buffy glanced at the dance floor then at Xander. She could either stay here and chew Xander's head off, which was something she could always do tomorrow, or feel Angel's arms around her while they danced. Oh yeah, tough decision there.

"Okay, lets dance."

Buffy took Angel's hand and tugged him out of his seat. A slow song started once they made their way to the middle of the dance floor. Buffy pulled Angel into her embrace and wrapped her arms around him. She rested her head against his chest and sighed happily.

"Um, Buffy." Angel mumbled into her hair. "I know this is supposed to be 'fun night' but...."

Buffy snuggled closer. "Yes it is, and no talking allowed while we're dancing."

Angel pulled back and looked down at her. "I have to ask you something Buffy."

"I dont care." she pouted returning to her previous position.

"I'm serious Buffy." Angel told her pushing her away to arms length.

"So am I Angel." Buffy scowled. "I dont want to discuss anything right now."

"Even if it deals with Spike?"

Buffy felt her heart skip a beat and her eyes glazed over. "I thought we weren't going to talk about him."

"Well we need to now."

Buffy crossed her arms in front of her. " Hes gone and out of our lives. What's done is done."

"Buffy, all I want to know is, if Spike ever came back to Sunnydale would you tell him about the baby?"

Buffy flinched at Angel's question. She had'nt really thought about what she would do if Spike ever returned. Killing him always came to mind, but that was before, before she was carrying his child.

"Why?" Buffy choked out.

"I just need to know."

"Why Angel?"

Angel lowered his head, "Listen Buffy, I just think you should be prepared about what you're going to tell him in case he does show up unexpectedly."

"Angel, what do you know?"

"I've heard from some contacts in LA that Spike is there and hes talking about coming to see me."

"Spikes coming back?" Buffy asked biting her lower lip to keep it from trembling. "When?"

"I dont know. I just know he wants to see me."

The slow song that head been playing earlier stopped and a faster upbeat one started. Buffy pushed her way through the crowd of people forming around her.

"Buffy!" Angel called after her.

Buffy reached the table and retrieved her coat before leaving. She didn't even acknowledge Willow and Oz who were still sitting at the table.

"Buffy?" Willow called out as she watched her stalk out of the Bronze. Soon after they saw Angel following her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time Buffy had reached the cemetery Angel had caught up with her.

"Buffy stop!"

Buffy stopped and collapsed unto a nearby bench. "Angel I cant deal with seeing him right now."

Angel sat down next to her. "I know Buffy, but sooner or later you're going to have to. You are carrying his child."

Buffy started to laugh quietly. "Ahhh!" she half cried, half screamed throwing her head back. "His child, the child of Spike. God, if you had told me when I first met him that I would be having his child....well lets just say you wouldn't be alive after that comment." she joked still looking up at the night sky. "I mean its Spike, hes a vampire. How in the hell did I get chosen to be the unlucky lady to have his baby? Someone up there must really hate me."

"Hate you? Buffy have you ever thought of this as a good thing?"

Buffy lowered her head and looked at him like he lost his mind. "When Spike's involved its never a good thing."

"Thats true." Angel agreed with a little chuckle. "You know you dont have to tell him about what happened if you dont want to."

"If hes having dreams like me, then it wont be long before he remembers."

"You mean?"

"Apparently whatever spell Willow performed is wearing off and now I'm getting little pieces of what happened all back."

"I guess you have to tell Spike then."

"Tell me what?"

TBC........(feedback please!!!)