I am loving the feedback everyone has given me. It really motivates me to write faster and get new chapters up as well. Plus I am glad you are all enjoying it!

Sarahvampgrl: I would love for you to be my beta reader! Can you beta the next chapter for me? I would've had you do this one, but i wanted to get it out tonight.

Chapter 6: "Some things never change"

Buffy and Angel both stood up abruptly when they heard the all to familiar voice of Spike.

"Spike what are you doing here?"

Spike looked at Angel then let his gaze roam over to Buffy. He studied her closely, noting her uneasiness. "You know why I'm here, Angel." he answered not taking his eyes off Buffy. "So, she lives."

Angel and Buffy didn't understand Spike's statement and stared at him blankly.

Spike rolled his eyes at their oblivious expressions. "Last time I saw you Slayer you were passed out." he explained removing his smokes from his coat pocket. "Was wishing you were dead," he told them, then popped a cigarette between his lips. "But, all wishes dont come true."

Buffy instantly became annoyed. "Spike if you dont tell us what you need and get the hell out of here soon, there will be a stake nicely placed in your chest." she threatened, her body relaxing as the anger started inside her.

"Oh, I plan to tell you what I came for." he stated inhaling on his freshly lit cigarette. "But, I dont plan on leaving anytime soon."

Buffy placed her hands on her hips and clicked her tongue. Her annoyance with him reaching its peak she asked, "And why is that?"

Spike looked off into the distance and laughed. Sucking his cheeks in he flicked his cigarette away, not bothering to finish it. "My business here is with Angel, pet." he informed her. "So, why dont you toddle off and leave Peaches and me alone." he suggested making a shooing motion with his hand.

"Make me." she challenged.

Spike's eyes widened. Not one to turn down an invitation to beat the Slayer, he started towards her. Angel intervened quickly.

"Buffy dont agitate Spike."

"What? Angel you cant be serious."

"I am."

Spike smirked. "Yeah Slayer. Listen to the poofter. Dont mess with the Big Bad."

"And Spike..." Angel added turning to face his childe. "Whatever you have to say to me will be said in front of Buffy."

"Hell no!" Spike yelled

Angel only stared at him, a low growl rumbling in his throat. Spike reluctantly gave in to the dominating growl of his sire.

"All right." He pointed a finger at Buffy. " But, because shes here I'm giving the short version."

"Thank god." Buffy mumbled. "The sooner you finish, the faster I can get home and away from you."

"Start talking." Angel said stopping Spike's sneer towards Buffy and her comment.

"I need a place to hide out for a couple of days."

"Why?"

"It seems that I have some baddies on my tail and they're out for blood." Spike told them. "And, I for one dont want any part of my delicate body harmed."

Buffy stifled a laugh and Spike shot a glare at her.

"Why are they after you?" Angel questioned diverting another spat between the two.

"Not going to tell." Spike refused. "I said short version and that was it."

"Spike if you dont tell me why I wont help you."

'Fine." Spike huffed. "I may have accidentally deflowered the leaders sister the night before her wedding to some high ranking Chaos demon or what not."

"Oh my god." Buffy spoke up breaking her two minutes of silence. " You expect us to help you because you let your penis do your thinking for you?"

Spike ignored Buffy and poked Angel in the chest. "You owe me Peaches."

"Why do I owe you Spike?"

"Cause of Dru thats why!" he yelled then started to pace in front of them. "If she hadn't of left me on account of you, then I wouldn't be looking elsewhere to satisfy my loins."

"Gross much."

"Spike."

"A mans got needs you know.....been awhile since I had any. Six months to be exact."

'If he only knew.' Buffy thought to herself as Spike rambled on.

"Now, I got some gang of Vamps on my back." he stopped pacing and stood in front of Angel. "And, if you ask me that girl wasn't a virgin. She came on to me. She knew exactly what she was doing." he finished then added. "Plus she was to loose if you know what I mean."

"Eww." Buffy moaned.

"Spike I cant help you."

"Wha....why not?"

"If I let you hide out at my place they can still get in. You need a place where they're not invited."

"Bloody hell." Spike groaned. "You were my last hope."

Angel watched Spike walk over to a headstone and slump against it. He glanced beside him to Buffy who was watching Spike as well.

'Buffy didn't you say your mother would be out of town for a couple of days?"

"Yeah, until next Thurs...." she froze and whipped her head around when she realized what Angel was thinking. "Oh no."

"Just hear me out Buffy."

Buffy shook her head. "No."

"Spike can stay in the basement and we can bolt the door if we have to."

Buffy ran the idea through her head then shook it again more violently. "No."

"And, Ill stay with you while hes there."

Buffy once again contemplated Angel's idea. "Are you sure you want to do that? I mean you and me in the same house."

Angel lowered his head knowing what she was thinking. Lately anytime they were alone together things got to tempting and on occasion they almost went to far.

"I think we'll be more concerned about Spike to let anything happen."

Buffy nodded her head in agreement. "All right. Lets tell Spike the plan."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thirty minutes later and after some ground rules set by Buffy, Spike was walking into the Slayers house. Angel promptly went down to the basement to start boarding up the windows. Buffy went upstairs to retrieve blankets and a pillow. Spike, being left alone, wandered into the living room. He walked over to the fireplace and studied the pictures lining the top of the mantle. He spotted one of Buffy and the Scoobies together. She looked exactly like the first day he met her.

"Should've killed you when I had the chance." he uttered. 'Then you wouldn't be haunting my dreams."

"Enjoy talking to your self, Spike?"

Spike slowly turned away from the mantle and saw Buffy standing in the entrance, her arms loaded with blankets. She had a smile on her face, obviously amused that she had caught him talking to himself.

"Sod off." he growled stalking over to the couch and sitting down.

Buffy was shocked that Spike hadn't retaliated with a snide remark. She stepped into the den and set the stuff she had in her hands down on the coffee table. She took a seat in the armchair directly across from him. They both sat in silence waiting for Angel to finish in the basement. She would be down there helping him, but he told her to settle things with Spike. Meaning he wanted her to tell him everything that had happened since he was last here.

Buffy glanced up at Spike, who was looking around the room. Her thoughts drifted back to the conversation at the cemetery. A weird feeling had formed in the pit of her stomach when he had mentioned sleeping with that virgin. She couldn't quite pin what the feeling was, but it had made her sick. Maybe it was disgust.

Glancing up at him again she wondered if he was having dreams like her. Her most vivid one was last night. She could almost feel him sinking his fangs into her skin when he bit her. Instinctively her hand shot up to the scar on her neck.

Spike caught the movement out of the corner of his eye and turned his gaze on her.

"Okay basements ready."

They both heard Angel and Buffy jumped up from her seat. Her fingers still rubbing the side of her neck.

"Excuse me." she spoke softly before leaving the room.

"What was that about?" Angel asked Spike who was now standing next to him.

"Dont know, dont care." Spike replied. "Im going downstairs."

He too brushed past Angel and headed in the direction of the basement.

"Oh, and do me a favor." he said snapping his fingers. "Dont go snogging the Slayer and get yourself a happy because A) I dont want to deal with Angelus right now, and B) Ill stake myself if I hear you two cooing at each other."

Angel ignored Spike and glanced up the stairs. He decided to go find out what was wrong with Buffy.

TBC.......................