Author's note: I know the last chapter wasnt that exciting and i apologize for how vague and slow it was. Thanks to all who replied expressing how much they loved it! That really put a smile on my face, and for that i am very appreciative. I hope this chapter holds more insight into what is going to happen in future chapters and please you all. Thanks again! Oh and another note....i am having serious writers blaock right now, so maybe if I get enough feedback i can get out of my slump.

Thank you to Sarah once again for beta'ing this chapter for me! Dont you all think she is doing a lovely job!?

Chapter 8: "Something"


Buffy crept quietly towards the door to the basment. For some unknown reason she had to see Spike. Maybe it was to see if he was having a dream. Or maybe it was to see if he was even still there at all. She didn't know why, but she had to check on him.

Slowly she turned the knob and popped the door open.

"Looking for me, luv?"

Buffy slammed the door and spun, pinning herself flat against the wall.

"Spike," she gasped, placing a hand to her chest. "You scared me."

Spike emerged from the darkness of the kitchen holding a mug. "Nice to know I still have the touch."

"Spike, what are you doing out of the basment?" Buffy asked once she regained her composure and remembered where she was.

Spike held up the mug.

"Got thirsty." he told her. "Since when do you store blood in the fridge?"

"Since Angel started staying over."

Spike eyed her curiuosly. "So, Angel's become a permanent resident here?"

"No.....yes....I mean, sometimes he stays after a long night of slaying," she explained, her voice becoming taut with nervousness as Spike moved closer to her.

"Yeah right," he said, his disbelief evident.

Spike set the mug down on the table as he passed it. He made his way closer to her and stopped inches from her body. He placed a hand flat against the wall beside her head.

"Why are you so nervous Slayer?" he asked, smelling her fear and hearing her pulse quicken.

"I am not nervous Spike! You just know how to rub me the wrong way," she spat out.

"Is that right?" he asked, lifting his other hand and using it to brush her blonde hair behind her shoulder.

Buffy slapped her hand over the scar exposed as he slid her hair back. Spike smiled at her.

"No need to hide it, love. I already know what's there."

He pulled her hand away to reveal the two symetrical scars on her neck. He lightly rubbed his thumb over it, then tilted his head to look at it closely. His eyes grew wide when he recognized the bite as his own. He felt Buffy starting to move away and grabbed her.

He pulled her flush against his body and glared at her.

"You know, don't you?" he stated. "You know about my dreams."

Buffy struggled to break free. "I don't know what you're talking about Spike."

"Yes, you do." he replied dryly then pulled her closer. His gaze dropped to her lips and he gradually lowered his head toward her trembling mouth.

Buffy stopped her struggle and welcomed him. She was aching for him and needed to feel some part of him touch her. Any part of him. The dreams stirred something in her, something deep. Something that she didn't want and couldn't control, all the same.

When their mouths met that something exloded inside her. She melted into him, clutching his shoulders to keep herself from falling.

Spike, on the other hand, was in shock. Shock because he was kissing the slayer and because she wasn't pullig back. Ignoring the nagging feeling in his gut he deepened the kiss, his tongue pushing past her lips to delve into her mouth. He gripped her hair and tilted her head back, giving himself easier access to her taste.

Buffy wrapped her arms around his neck and threaded her fingers into the hair at his nape. A low groan rattled her throat and she cried from the intensity of it all. She felt the wetness forming between her legs and her knees weaken. She wanted him.

Spike caught a whiff of her arousal seeping her panties and it hit him. The familiarity of her in his arms like this. The feel of her against him, clinging to him. They had been like this before, but he didn't know when. His thoughts dissolved as he felt the heat from between her legsagainst his thigh.

Buffy felt him grow hard and her own desire increased. Unwrapping one arm from around him, she slid it down between their bodies. Her hand stopped above the waist of his jeans then pushed down inside them. She took hold of him and Spike groaned.

He slammed her agaisnt the wall behind them. His own hands undid the front of her robe and pushed it apart. He gripped her top and shoved it down, exposing her breasts. Breaking the kiss he trailed his lips down her chest until his mouth was greeted with an erect nipple. He took it between his lips and sucked hard. Buffy cried out and held his head to her.

Spike pulled back and looked at her. Something was off, he could sense it. They were mortal enemies. This shouldn't be happening.

"Slayer?" he mumbled, grabbing her attention.

Buffy jolted back to reality and pushed Spike away. She pulled her robe closed and ran out of the room.


TBC.................Feedback is good for the writers soul!