Sorry, forgot to add.......Thanks to Sarah for beta'ing this chapter!!!!!

Chapter 9: "Wake-up Call"(PG)

Spike awoke to the feel of something poking him in the chest. He opened his eyes to find the Slayer straddling him, the stake in her hand poised directly over his heart.

"Nice wake up call, pet. But I don't recall ordering...."

"If you tell anyone about what happened between us last night, I will kill you. No questions asked," she threatened, ignoring his sarcastic remark. "I mean it. If Angel or my friends find out, you will be a big pile of dust."

With that she stood and spun around to take the stairs up to the kitchen.

Spike sprung out of bed and followed her. He found her near the counter starting a pot of coffee.

"I want answers, Slayer."

Buffy didn't turn to face him. Instead she opened the fridge and pulled out a bag of blood. She ripped it open and poured it into a mug. Ever since Angel had started staying here she had gottenused to fixing his meal for him, so it didn't bother her.

"I know you have them," Spike told her, watching her stick the mug into the microwave to heat it. "If you don't start talking I will..."

"When Angel wakes up I'm going to call Willow and Giles," she informed him. "When they get here all questions will be answered."
She removed the heated blood from the microwave and shoved it at him.

"Drink up. You're going to need it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy entered the room that Angel was staying in and walked over to the bed. It was dark and she couldn't see very well. She stumbled in the darkness and banged her toe on the nightstand.

"Ouch!"

"Are you okay?" Angel asked, already by her side. He had sensed her come in and when he heard her cry of pain immediately jumped out of bed.

"I didn't mean to wake you."

Angel helped her to the bed and they both sat down on the edge. Buffy leaned down to massage the throbbing pain coursing through her stubbed toe.

"I was already awake," he told her as she finished tending to her foot.

"Oh," Buffy mumbled. "Good morning then."

Angel laughed softly. "Morning. Did you sleep okay last night?"

BUffy nodded her head slowly, mentally pushing aside the events of last night.

"No more dreams?"

"Nope."

Angel studied her face and noticed the distant look in her eyes. She seemed bothered by something. She wasn't all there. He reached a hand up and cupped her chin, forcing her to look at him.

"Then why the long face?"

Buffy sighed heavily. "Spike wants answers."

"What?"

"When I went downstairs last night he was in the kitchen. We started insulting each other and he noticed the scars. He recognized them as his own and freaked. Then he mentioned something about his dreams and how I knew what they meant. So, now he wants to know."

"Have you called Giles?"

"Not yet," Buffy answered standing up from the bed. "But I'm going to and he's going to explain everything."

"And you're going to tell Spike about the baby?"

Buffy stopped at the door. "No I'm not. I decided its best that he never know."

"Buffy."

"Get dressed. They'll be here soon," she said, opening the door and stepping out into the hallway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Giles and Willow both arrived an hour after being called. Buffy let them both in and told them to go into the den. Willow walked past the entrance and froze when she saw Spike casually sprawled across the couch.

"What's he doing here?" she whispered to Buffy.

Buffy shut the door and joined them at the entrance to the den. "He's here for answers."

Giles took Buffy by the arm and lead her away from the den. Willow followed.

"Buffy, I can understand why Spike would want answers, but I think the main question here is 'what is he doing here?'" Giles stated in a low voice.

Buffy inhaled deeply. "I can't tell you why he's here until I tell you why you're here," she said then glanced behind her to make sure Spike wasn't eavesdropping. "He wants to know what happened the last time he was in Sunnydale."

Giles removed his glasses and glanced down at the floor. "And I suppose Willow and I are the ones that are going to tell him."

Buffy smiled and shook her head.

Willow started to hyperventilate. "I'm not going to tell him. I can't tell him. Do I have to tell him?"

Buffy was about to answer her when Giles interrupted.

"How does he know something happened?"

"Well," she nervously started to nibble on her lip. "He's been having these dreams where he and I are....together."

"And you know this how?"

"I've been having the same ones."

Giles once again removed his glasses and pinched his nose. "Why haven't you bothered to tell me this before now?"

"I thought they would go away."

"Buffy, you know your Slayer dreams are important and cannot be ignored."

Buffy rolled her eyes. "Excuse me Giles but I don't think dreaming of screwing Spike qualifies as an important Slayer dream."

"Any dream qualifies as important."

"Can I leave?" Willow asked.

Buffy and Giles stopped their heated debate and faced Willow.

"No, I need you both here to tell him."

"What exactly do you want us to tell him?"

"I just want you to explain the situation and how Willow did that spell."

"What!?" Willow cried. "If you tell him about the spell he'll get mad, and a mad Spike equals a dead Willow."

"Willow, Spike isn't going to hurt you," Buffy told her, hoping to calm her before she went into the den.

"So, basically you want us to tell him everything."

"Except the little bit about me being pregnant and it being his."

"Hey! Can we get this show on the road."

They all heard Spike shout from the den.

"Come on."

TBC..............Feedback is good for the writers soul!