He had taken every precaution, he had left every zipper zipped and every piece of fabric in place but her clever fingers had been entirely to well…clever he decided, as she began to wake up beside him. The both were naked upon the bed with the sheets tangled around them, but thankfully that was because she was bed hog and not because they had spent the morning shagging like rabbits. It had to be love, when not having sex with a beautiful woman was something to be thankful for, he thought tenderly brushing the hair back off of her face.

She looked so innocent and so very young as she slept with her hand curled beneath her cheek and her golden locks artlessly tangled around her narrow shoulders. The were both on their sides, her tight and toned ass pressed firmly against his stirring cock but he had no desire to wake her. She had so very little peace in her life, he was content to let her linger in what she could claim, a little while longer. Continuing his private exploration of her body, he wrinkled his brow as he saw a faded scar, high on her shoulder nearly two inches long. Easing away slightly, he could see the scar was echoed on her back and he knew that at some time a knife had been jammed inside her flesh hard enough to pop out the other side.

He had done some terrible things in his life, slaughtered entire families as they screamed and begged for mercy and the sight of that scar marring her flesh was enough to make his stomach flip over and make him feel violently ill. Being the dammed he understood about hell, being punished for sins and all that rot but he couldn’t imagine what sin Buffy had performed in this life or any other to be just another soul condemned the fire. He’d known her less than a full day but he had already seen so much goodness in her. In fact it seemed to radiate around her bringing a warm glow to everyone but herself. She had come to town to risk her life for perfect strangers, defended him, fixed a relationship and made a group of people who had been unwelcoming to her, feel welcomed.

Last night she had worked the room like a skilled hostess at a society function with a great deal of wit and more than a little ribald humor. She’d done nothing but be herself and one by one he watched as everyone fell under her spell. It was like being around her made you want to be a better person, experience every depth of human emotion because she couldn’t. In a way it was like looking at her was like looking at the darkest most empty place of the human spirit and being willing to do anything to escape the dark and yet you felt entirely comfortable around the living manifestation of the very thing you feared. She was, so you were as well, it was just that simple. She had nothing in common with a bunch of kids who had faced evil demons but not the evil of humans. Evil was always more scary when it shared a face much like your own. Which was why he and other vampires, or atleast vampires of a certain age and temperament always waited until the last moment to reveal their true face.

People, even though they read the paper and watched the news never expected other people to be evil. When the a vampire shifted form they still knew that they were going to die but they also found a small measure of relief knowing that it wasn’t a person doing these awful things to them. Like Buffy had said, ‘he’s a vampire that’s what they do’ but humans on the other hand are not supposed to be vicious killers. It happened of course, the same way some vampires never truly embraced their demon. Not Angel, when he was soul free Angelus he became his demon, but some vampires chose of their own accord to feed on rats instead of people. He had always thought that it was because the demon they had gotten was weak but now he wondered if it could be because the person they had been was strong. If his demon wanted to, he could drain every drop of her sweet slayer blood without the slightest fear of his chip stopping him. It was what he had dreamed of ever since he had learned he couldn’t make another human kill but now that he could the man still inside of him wouldn’t let the demon out to play it’s nasty little games on her flesh. Maybe those other vampires, the ones he and his vampiric family had mocked had realized that it was wrong to kill the very people they had once walked freely among.

He wouldn’t go that far, he decided placing a feather light kiss on her temple but he would admit that she was entirely to special to treat as a cow, an animal that served no other purpose but to be eaten. He had every intention of drinking her blood, but he wanted her to offer it to him as willingly as she had offered her body the night before. It was a first, she could give him because it was one of the things she held back for herself alone. Any man with money could enjoy her body but she would only give one man her essence and he had every intention of being that man. Which meant he had to somehow convince her to remain here instead of returning to LA.
Where without a doubt his grandsire was waiting to claim her as his very own, Spike thought bitterly. Angel could say he and Angelus were entirely different people if he liked but they both had a passion for claiming the innocent. When Angel had met Faith she had been as pure as the driven snow and in typical Angelus fashion he had plowed through her leaving a path of darkness across her soul that time alone could never erase while he still called himself Angel. He had heard Buffy clearly say she had no intention of ending up with Angel but he was willing to bet Angel wasn’t thinking the same thing. The man had had a knack for convincing the ladies he was their one true love. Both Darla and Dru had loved him for centuries and being only human Faith would have clung to hers about half that long if Buffy hadn’t stepped in and got her straightened out. He didn’t really care about her and her cardboard boyfriend but since Buffy had intervened on their behalf it meant he was free to intervene on hers, he rationalized with smug smile.

He could hear her heart rate speeding up slightly as she began to wake up on her own and no matter how innocent she looked when she was asleep he knew first hand how she was a skilled temptress when she was awake. She had complained about his denim jeans being rough against her skin and since her being uncomfortable in his arms wasn’t a part of his master plan he had slipped them off, with a great deal of assistance from her, even through he had on nothing underneath. Then she claimed she was cold and it will be so much warmer snuggled against his bare skin and it wasn’t until after he had let her tug his shirt off that he realized he didn’t have any body heat to share. She gotten through his guard so quickly, that he forced himself to pay more attention. Which in theory was both a blessing a curse, he though silently slipping out of bed. She had used every feminine trick known to man to seduce him, running her hair down his chest like shimmering silk, soft fleeting caresses against his body as she pulled the sheets around them every couple of seconds or so. She had even used a few he had failed to learn in all of his years of life and if she hadn’t been a little less sleepy he would have crumbled before to much longer.

Pulling on his clothes without so much as a rustle of cloth to give him away, he waited to see what ploys she had planned for him today. He was sure she had figured out that he was trying to create a mood of gently intimacy instead of raging lust which is why she had done everything but hold him down and have her way with him. Despite how torturous and painful it had been to resist her, he couldn’t wait for round two.

When her eyes opened and she turned around to look for him, he watched as she oh-so-casually let the sheet covering her slide down as she turned her body to his. If he hadn’t been expecting it, he would have believed it was accidental and that she hadn’t meant to bare her perfect breasts and soft pink nipples to his starving eyes. But since he had been expecting it or atleast something like it, he acted like she was completely covered. “Good night luv, we got about an hour before we have to head out, so I suggest you take a shower.”

“Don’t want to take a shower, don’t want to get up…too early.” She mumbled grumpily reaching down to pull the blanket over her head.

He leaned over her and began to tug the sheet down but she was using every ounce of her slayer strength to keep it in place. Hoping that leverage would be enough to tip the scales in his favor, he climbed onto the bed beside her. To his surprise, she chose that exact moment to give up and he fell on top of her. Quickly her mouth found his and she gently maneuvered him down to onto his back. Before he fully realized what had happened or that he had unwittingly lifted his hips to help, he was naked again. It wasn’t until he felt her slide down on his cock, that he realized that she had been planning this all along.