He followed her inside the club, the air was warm from all the bodies pressed together in one place. But even in all of the clashing scents, booze, coffee, food and perfume he could smell her. He watched as the crowd parted eager to welcome her into the fold of humanity. If he hadn’t lived for a century, he would have believed it was simply because she was beautiful but there were lots of beautiful women in the club tonight and not a single one of them was commanding the kind of attention Buffy was receiving from the males in attendance. It wasn’t because she was a slayer, humans never looked beneath the surface for such things but it was because of the sexual energy pulsing around her like a velvet heartbeat.

His demon recognized her, not as food but as a predator in her own right, he thought taking a seat at one of the unoccupied table just at the edge of the dance floor. Everything in her eyes whispered of dirty secrets in dark rooms and looking at her, you believed that you were destined to be the one to claim her. He wasn’t fooled, he knew this was the face she donned when she was working because he had seen the true depths of her passion lingering in her eyes after her kill outside. Buffy equated sex with power and she wielded it effortlessly and ruthlessly.

Watching her, he saw her whip one man after another into a sexual heat and then without warning turn away to begin the process all over again. It was like she was drinking them in and when they had nothing left to feed her, she sought out her next victim. Every so often she would flick her eyes in his direction as if she could feel him watching her and he saw the confusion become clearer after the first hour had passed. He knew she was expecting his to come to her and willingly lay his body at her feet like the others but if he wanted to win this game they were playing he had to do it on his own terms. Right now he would only show her the cold disinterest that she had shown him at their first joining and when his jealousy had overwhelmed his blood he would go to her and show her what it meant to be his beloved.

As the crowd started to thin out, he made his move towards, carefully remaining out of her line of sight, stalking the huntress in her own den of iniquity. He waited for the song to change, letting her feel his presence but not see him. When she turned her back and a slow rhythmic beat began to fill the air, he made his move. Coming up behind her, he reached out his hands to stroke up the side of her thighs but kept the rest of his body just out of her reach. Instantly, her head tilted back and she was the one to bring the bodies together.

She knew before his hands every touched her that he was finally coming to claim his dance and in her heart she knew he had already won. All of the faceless bodies that she had writhed against tonight had not been able to kindle the searing flame of need that had spurted through her veins at the feel of his hands touching her. She wanted everything his hands and the feel of his cock pressing against her ass had to offer but it was in her nature to make him work for his victory. Turning in his embrace, she snuck one hand beneath his shirt to brush across the hard flat planes of his stomach.

He sucked in a sharp breath and she decided to drive them both a little insane. She turned her body so that anyone watching wouldn’t be able to see what she was doing and slowly began to stoke him through the fabric of his jeans. To her surprise and regret he reached down to grab her hand mid-stroke.

He wrapped on hand around her waist and pulled her hard against him. “Is this what you want luv?”

Unable to think, only able to feel it was like her body was a single throbbing nerve and she nodded before she could stop herself.

“Say it Buffy…say you want me.” He demanded reaching up to cup her face in his palm.

“I want you.” She said breathlessly, feeling like her body was being smothered by her own need. He felt so incredibly hot pressed against her and everywhere their skin touched it was like being burned with a hot poker. Her nipples had gone hard and she could feel the wet warmth of her desire soaking into the soft silk of her panties. None of her defenses had been braced for this kind of overwhelming need and she was completely helpless. That alone should have made her pull away but instead of being afraid she truly felt like she was free. She had worked herself into a frenzy and feeling him against her she knew that he was the only one who could sate the beast struggling to burst free inside her. “Now Spike…please.”

Not needing another word he grabbed her hand and pulled her to the back exit knowing that if he had to wait for her another moment, he would shove her down and take her there on the floor, without a thought about the people around them. Flinging open the back door, the cold air hit them like a closed fist but they were to lost in the inferno of their need to be denied now. He had just enough sanity left to lead her into the dark out of the sight of prying eyes before he roughly shoved her back into the wall. She gave a soft cry of pain tinted pleasure and that was all his demon needed to push his human façade away. “Say you want this,” he ordered, kissing his way down her neck seeking the place where her pulse pounded like a living thing trying to escape.

She reached down to unfasten his pants and her long fingers drew him out quickly. Reason had no meaning in this moment and she wanted everything the husky growl in his voice offered. She had seen his face shift and more than anything she wanted to be possessed by him in every way. She bent her neck and reached beneath her skirt to tear away the barrier separating them. “I’m yours, Spike…so take me. Take me away from all of the pain…make me feel….make me bleed.”

In one move, he rammed his cock into her and sunk his fangs deep into her neck. The double penetration of fang and flesh, ripped a moan from her throat as her body tensed around him. Pressing her back against the wall for leverage, she brought her legs around him and forced him to go deeper inside of her. While his lips siphoned away her blood, she rode him like an animal quivering to mate. The solid whap of her thighs coming down on him with barely restrained force, echoed through the quiet alley like the sound of approaching thunder. She moaned incomprehensible words as his hand reached out to roughly fondle her breast and when she felt him tear his mouth away, she moaned at the loss of closeness.

Shoving her shirt down, he pinched her nipple between his index finger and his thumb while he lowered his lips to take his second bite of her flesh. “Say yes Buffy,” he murmured his breath sticky against her skin from her own blood coating his words.

“Yes, Spike oh god yes…” she cried out as her orgasm ripped though her like a blade sharp enough to slice through bone and flesh effortlessly.

He sank his fangs into the top of her breast near where her heart pounded frantically, while his hips still thrust against her, never breaking the furious rhythm their untamed desire had set. He wrenched his mouth away to moan out his own release and he reached his hands down to cup her ass, forcing her body to meet him thrust for bruising thrust. When he had emptied himself inside her, he slowly withdrew and pulled away for a moment to look into her eyes. She had promised to let him claim her but she didn’t know what that had meant. The bites would bind them even if she wasn’t willing but the man wanted her to want him as badly and as desperately as he wanted her. “If I bite you a third time luv, you’ll never be free of me, even when I am nothing more than dust. Do you want this because once it is done it can never be undone, not even by death.”

The part of her brain that registered the words boiled it down to a single word…trapped. While the part of her heart that had been hungry for affection for so very long came up with a different interpretation, she wouldn’t have to be alone anymore, forever cuts both ways and he was willing to give all of his tomorrows to her. She thought about everything she had seen in him, the good and the bad trying to mentally assess the risks but the moment she met his eyes her heart told the answer. Her passion had cooled, the first wave of need had subsided and she still wanted to feel his body close to hers. She had only known him a short while but he called to her in a way that she thought was impossible…he touched her soul and in doing so, caused her to be reborn.


He saw the first tear tremble down her lashes and he let it run down her face feeling the change in her. A subtle blush of life cast light under her skin as if some veil had been lifted and she was free from whatever shadows had cast her in the unnatural darkness of depression.

“I can’t Spike…I’m dying and I can’t drag you down with me. I love you to much to do that to you.”