After the show ended that night, Angel went out to the bar area and saw Buffy sitting on a stool, drinking a soda and talking to a woman who was sitting with her.

“Hey,” he said, smiling at both of the women. “Spike wanted me to come and get you, Buffy.” She stood up and grabbed her purse.

“Well, it was nice to meet you, Darla,” she said, shaking the other woman’s hand. “Enjoy your time in Vegas.”

Angel led Buffy backstage to where the guys were talking, their equipment surrounding them.

“Hey, pet,” Spike said, wrapping his arm around her waist. “Did you enjoy the show?”

“You guys were great,” she said, smiling at all of them. “And thank you for the ride here- I definitely wasn’t expecting something so posh.” He chuckled and kissed her temple, which didn’t go unnoticed by the men standing close to them.

“So, should we head back to the hotel?” Spike asked, looking at everyone. “I think they’re having the fountain show in about twenty minutes.” Buffy’s eyes lit up. “And I’m afraid I owe the girl a chance to see it.”

“Then I guess we should go,” Xander said, smiling at the two blondes, who led everyone outside of the club. He looked at Angel and asked quietly, “So, when do you think they’ll hook-up?”

“Tonight,” Angel grinned. “I’d bet my life on it.”

* * *

When they returned to their hotel, Buffy and Spike leaned against the railing that surrounded the perimeter of the fountain, patiently waiting for the show to begin.

“I have a confession,” Spike said quietly, looking at her. “I purposely had the show end when it did so that we could make it back here to see this.” She smiled widely at him.

“Thank you,” she replied. “Today has been perfect, Spike, and even though I don’t want to admit it, you are the primary reason it’s been so wonderful, so thank you.” He kissed her temple as he wrapped his arm around her waist.

More people began to assemble, trying to get a front-row spot for when the show would begin. Spike decided to stand behind Buffy, wrapping his arms around her and holding her close to him.

“Is this alright?” he asked quietly, kissing her shoulder. She nodded, smiling.

It was only minutes later when classical music began to play, filling the space around them with its beautiful melodies. The fountains began to go off, perfectly synchronized with the music that accompanied it. Buffy watched in awe, grateful that she was able to experience something so unique.

‘And I’m with a guy who seems to really like me, so that’s a plus,’ she thought.

Spike rested his chin on her shoulder as he watched the water shoot up into the night sky. She leaned back into him and put her hands on top of his, which were resting over her stomach.

“It’s beautiful,” she said quietly, mesmerized by how magnificent the show was.

“Yeah, it is,” he replied, smiling. “But I’ve seen things more beautiful than this.”

“Liar,” she said, giggling. “There’s no way you’ve seen something more beautiful than this.”

“Sure I have, luv,” he said, kissing her temple. “You’re far better than any water show.” She blushed and looked down. “You don’t give yourself enough credit, Buffy. You’re beautiful, intelligent, sweet, spunky…you’re perfect.”

“No, I’m really not,” she said, not allowing herself to look at him.

‘Focus on the water, Buffy,’ she thought. ‘Don’t think about anything else but what you’re watching.’

“Listen to me, pet,” he said, turning her around to face him before putting his hands on the railing behind her, one on each side, trapping her between it and his body. “You’re everything I’ve ever wanted in a woman, and there’s nothing about you that I don’t like.” He grazed her cheek, looking into her eyes. “You’re perfect for me.”

“And when did you decide this?” she asked quietly, looking down. “Before or after you slept with Bree?” He raised an eyebrow, smirking. “What?”

“You think I slept with her?” he asked, amused that she seemed jealous.

“Didn’t you?” she asked, looking at him with a confused expression.

“No,” he answered, and she strangely felt relieved after hearing the admission. “We spent all night talking about our pasts and how horrible our home lives were, that’s all.” Buffy looked at him.

“You swear?” she asked. “You didn’t do anything with her?” Spike smiled.

“I promise you, luv,” he said, leaning down to kiss her softly. “You’re the only woman I’ve been interested in since the first moment I laid eyes on you.” She smiled and turned around again to watch the end of the show. “Do you have any feelings for me?”

“I think I do,” she answered quietly, smiling as the water stopped and the music ceased to play. As the crowds dispersed, Buffy and Spike walked hand-in-hand into the hotel, taking the elevator up to their floor.

* * *

As Buffy opened their suite’s door, her heart stopped and she gasped as she looked around the room, lit by candles that were placed on every available surface. Spike looked at her with a soft expression as she turned to look at him.

“Did you do this?” she asked quietly, still in shock. He took a deep breath.

“Nothing but the best for my girl,” he said, leaning down to kiss her. She returned the gesture and wrapped her arms around his neck as they kiss intensified. Without breaking the kiss, he led them into their room and shut the door with his foot. He broke away for a moment to breathe. “Buffy, I just wanted a romantic night for us. Nothing has to happen unless you want it to.” She saw the insecurity in his eyes, and in that moment, her entire opinion changed about him.

‘He’s not always a cocky rock-star,’ she thought. ‘He’s insecure like the rest of us. He puts up a façade all of the time, but when something really matters, he lets it crumble.’ She grazed his cheek and looked into his eyes.

“And if I want it to, it’ll happen?” she asked, hoping that she didn’t sound as nervous as she was beginning to be.

“If you’ll give me the privilege of being with you tonight, I’ll take whatever you willingly give me,” he answered, wrapping his arms around her. “All I ever think about anymore is you. It’s like you’re surrounding me, pet.” She smiled, slightly blushing. “Will you give me this chance tonight?” She took a deep breath before meeting his eyes once again.

“Yes,” she answered simply, taking his hand in hers and leading him towards his bed. She sat down on it and looked up at him as he came to stand right in front of her.

“Not to sound like I was expecting us to try anything tonight, but I had the bathroom set up, also,” he said quietly. She smiled up at him and put her hands on his hips.

“We can go in there later,” she replied. “But if we’re going to do this, I want it to be right.” She paused and smiled. “Right here.”

“Are you sure?” he asked, running his hand over her hair. “And not about choosing between the bed and the whirlpool tub we have.” He took a deep breath. “Do you want to do this?”

“Yes,” she answered, standing up to slowly pull his t-shirt off, looking at his naked torso before running her hands slowly down it, stopping when they reached the button of his jeans. “I know I wasn’t exactly nice to you in the beginning, but you’ve proven to me that you’re not the man I thought you were.” He smiled slightly. “I’m sure I want to do this.” He cupped her cheeks in his hands and kissed her gently, delighting in the fact that she was willing to give him a chance.

‘Something I’ve wanted since day one,’ he thought, looking at her and seeing the anxious look in her eyes. He kissed her again, resting his hands on her hips and slowly running them up her sides, under her shirt. He slid it off and tossed it aside, looking at her newly revealed skin and reveling in the fact that she wasn’t wearing a bra, completely exposing her upper body to him. He couldn’t help but smirk as he gently cupped her breasts in his hands, watching as she shut her eyes for a brief moment and making a quiet sound from the soft contact.

“Did you know this would happen?” he asked, looking into her eyes, intrigued. “That you weren’t wearing anything beneath your shirt?”

“No,” she smiled. “Just hoped for it.” He chuckled before picking her up and laying her down on the bed, holding himself up above her, looking into her gleaming eyes admiringly.

“Minx,” he whispered, kissing her once again. “I’m only going to ask once more, kitten- are you sure?” She ran her hands down his abs to his jeans and popped open the button before sliding down his zipper. She slowly slid her hand inside of his jeans and gently stroked his erection, grinning as his eyes rolled back and the sound of him groaning filled the room. He looked down at her with lust-filled eyes.

“Does that answer your question?” she asked, smirking. He chuckled and kissed her, running his hand up her bronze leg until it reached the apex of her thighs, feeling how wet her lace thong was. She arched her hips up, craving more contact from him. He pushed her thong aside and gently slid his finger inside of her, earning a low moan to escape her lips.

“Yes, it really does,” he answered before he leaned down to kiss her passionately.
***************************************************************************




A/N Let me first say that I suck at writing sex scenes, so sorry for how I left this chapter end. Second, I can't promise that I'll post chapter 11 tomorrow due to an unforeseen (minor) health problem, but I'll definitely try my best. And third, thank you all for the reviews you've been giving me! I love them and appreciate every single one I receive!:)