As Buffy laid beside Spike in her bed one week later, she looked at the look of contentment on his features and smiled, noticing how hard he was still breathing after one of their daily coupling sessions.

“Can I interview you now?” she asked quietly, dancing her fingertips lightly over his torso.

“Do anything you want to,” he answered, looking at her with a smirk. “But if you’re going to interview me, could you make it a little kinky or something? I haven’t quite had my fill yet of you.” She giggled and kissed him before pulling the sheets up to her chest, covering herself. “Come on, luv, I’ve already seen all of your goods. I think I have almost every inch of your skin memorized by now.”

“Probably,” she replied, smiling. “But I have a feeling you won’t be able to concentrate on what I’m asking you if I’m not covered. You’ll be too busy ogling me.”

“Yeah, you’re right,” he said, chuckling. “What do you want to know? Am I going to have to explain my life story to you?”

“No,” she answered, looking at him. “Well, probably not. I don’t really know yet.”

“You haven’t prepared your questions for me?” he asked jokingly. “I’m shocked and appalled, pet. I’m surprised you don’t have a list of all of your potential inquiries lying about.” She gave him a playful glare before resting her head on his chest. “So, what’s question one, Goldilocks?” She took a deep breath. “If you’re afraid to ask why I’m so bloody gorgeous, don’t be- I’ll answer in a heartbeat.” She slapped his abs and giggled.

“No, that’s not a question,” she said, and he looked at her.

“I thought you didn’t know what you were going to ask me?”

“I never said that,” she answered, grinning. “I just didn’t know if I’d ask about your early years.”

“It’s probably better if you don’t,” he said, closing his eyes. “I was a ponce when I was younger.”

“Somehow I doubt that,” she replied, looking at him. “How could bad-ass Spike be a ‘ponce’?” She paused. “What’s a ‘ponce’?” He looked at her and chuckled, wrapping his arms around her and holding her close to him.

“I was a loser back then, kitten,” he said quietly. “You would’ve hated me.”

“What makes you think that?” she asked, an eyebrow raised.

“You were a cheerleader, I was a nerd- not from the same caste system,” he explained. “Why do you think I’m the man I am today?”

“Because you’re overcompensating for the dork within,” she said, laughing, and he began to tickle her. “Don’t you dare!” She began to tickle him back and laughed hysterically when he shrieked like a girl. “Aha! There’s the effeminate William.” He shot her a look. “Sorry. Tell me more about how you used to be.”

“I wrote poetry,” he said, shrugging, and she looked at him, stunned. “What? It led to my passion for writing lyrics. There’s no shame in writing poems, is there?”

“What did you write about?” she asked curiously. “The sky, the grass, water-”

“I wrote about a woman,” he cut in. “My nanny Cecily.” She stared at him.

“Wait, stop there for a second,” she said, sitting up, pulling the sheets up with her. “I don’t know what’s more disturbing- you writing poetry or you writing about your nanny.” She frowned. “You had a nanny?”

“My parents have a lot of money,” he replied defensively. “It was a common thing when I was growing up.”

“Did you…love her?” she asked hesitantly, and he nodded, looking away. “You loved your nanny?”

“She was a beautiful woman,” he said, crossing his arms. “Can you blame me?”

“You loved a woman who helped raise you,” she replied. “Wasn’t she like a mother to you?”

“Yes, but-” he began, stopping when he saw the disgusted look on her face. “Cecily worked for my family until I was seven. After that, I saw her every once and a while. Obviously, that’s when I began to love her.”

“After she was no longer your nanny?” Buffy asked, clarifying. He nodded. “I guess that’s a little bit better, then.” She looked at him. “Key words there- a little bit.” He smiled. “Okay, so now that we’ve found out William adored his sexy nanny, what else is there to know about him?”

“Not too much,” he answered, shrugging. “He met Drusilla in high school and fell in love.”

“Was that when he transformed into Spike?” she asked, and he nodded. “Okay, so what happened after that with you and Dru?”

“Well, she convinced me to change myself,” he began to explain. “I traded in the dorky look for the present-day one.”

“The one I’ve affectionately deemed as the ‘Billy Idol’?” she asked, laughing. He smirked.

“Yes, that very one,” he said. “She changed me completely. I became more of a rebel after her and I met. I stayed out all night, slept during the day, and did some pretty stupid stuff.” He sighed. “But things were right with us. There was never a day I questioned if I should be with her.”

“What happened after that?” she asked, noticing the hurt look in his eyes.

“We were together for a while and decided we wanted a new scene,” he said. “So we moved here. I met the guys and we formed the band. It wasn’t too long after that when I found out Dru was cheating on me.” She looked at him sadly. “I was too preoccupied with trying to get the band going that I wasn’t around, and I guess I really neglected her.”

“Even if that’s true, that’s not a justifiable reason for her cheating on you,” she said quietly. “If she loved you, she wouldn’t have.” He ran his hand over Buffy’s hair and sighed. “I would never cheat on you.”

“And I wouldn’t ever cheat on you,” he whispered. “But back to the story…we broke up and I continued to live my life, even though I was heart-broken for a very long time.” He smiled. “And then things really perked up for me when a hot blonde fireball walked into a club one night.” She grinned and looked at him. “And it’s been a roller-coaster ever since.”

“But the ride isn’t close to being over, is it?” she asked, taking his hand in hers and lacing their fingers together.

“Not even close, pet,” he affirmed, pulling her back down to lie beside him. “Unless you want it to be over?”

“If I could survive the twists, bends, and steep drops, I think I can handle more,” she said.

“That’s my girl,” he replied, kissing her softly.
***************************************************************************




A/N The epilogue is going to be next, just to give everyone a heads-up. Depending on how much homework I have to do between tonight and tomorrow, I might not be able to update until Saturday, but I'm going to do my best to post tomorrow. Thanks:)