Six Months Later




“Buffy, we need to go,” Dawn said loudly, waiting in the kitchen of their apartment and tapping her foot impatiently on the ground. “The concert starts in ten minutes!”

“Hold your horses,” Buffy replied, quickly walking into the kitchen as she slid on her black heels. “Do I look okay?”

“You could be wearing a potato sack and still manage to look good,” Dawn said, grabbing Buffy’s car keys for her. “And Spike adores you no matter what, so there’s no point in outdoing yourself to look gorgeous.”

“Is my sister actually paying me a compliment or two?” Buffy asked jokingly, taking her keys and kissing Dawn’s cheek. “Come on, Spike gets testy when I’m late.”

“You’ll just blame it on me, anyways,” Dawn said as they left the apartment. “He’ll forgive you in no time.” Buffy smiled and got in the elevator, standing beside her sister. “It didn’t really take you three hours to get ready, did it?”

“I was working on that article for the paper about Dingoes Ate My Baby getting back together,” Buffy answered. “None of my drafts sounded right, but I think I might have come up with a winner.”

“All of your articles are good, Buffy,” Dawn said. “Besides, does it really matter if it sucks or not? You and Spike are still moving in together in a couple of weeks.” She smiled and leaned back against the wall of the elevator. “And I get to experience dorm-life. Things just don’t get better than that.”

“Yeah, you’ll be saying that when you fail your classes and come over on the weekends to wash your clothes because you hate the fact that someone steals some of your clothes out of the dryer,” Buffy replied, and Dawn raised an eyebrow. “Trust me, I know how these things go. You’ll be singing a new tune after a couple of weeks.”

“Then can I move in with you and Spike?” she asked, and Buffy shook her head vigorously. “Yeah, it’s probably for the best. I don’t want to walk in on any sex-capades.”

“Dawn!” Buffy said loudly, shooting a look at her sister. “Can we not talk about this? I know it happened once last month, but haven’t I apologized enough?”

“I was scarred for life,” Dawn said, giggling. “Well, not by seeing Spike naked because, let’s face it, he has the body of a god. You’re one lucky girl.”

“I am, aren’t I?” Buffy replied, laughing. “We should hurry- I can’t be late tonight. Spike said he wants to see me before he goes onstage.”

* * *

When Spike saw Buffy walk into the club, looking as beautiful as usual, he felt his nervousness kick in again, his hands slightly shaking.

‘Why is this so terrifying?’ he asked himself, ordering a beer. ‘It shouldn’t be…maybe this is a bad idea.’

“Hey, gorgeous,” Buffy said, greeting Spike with a hug and kissing him softly. “How’re you?”

“Petrified, actually,” he answered, taking a deep breath before getting down on one knee in front of her. Buffy stared at him in shock, her hand coming up to cover her mouth as tears began to form. Dawn looked at Spike and started crying.

‘Oh my god,’ she thought. ‘This is really happening. My sister’s going to get married…to a rock-star!’

“Please don’t cry, luv, because I’m really trying hard not to, myself,” Spike said quietly, looking up at Buffy.

“Sorry,” she replied quickly, wiping off the corner of her eyes. He took both of her hands in his and took another deep breath, hoping to calm his nerves a little. “What’re you doing?”

“What do you think, princess?” he asked, laughing nervously.

“Will you stop procrastinating and ask the question already?” Dawn asked, wiping off her cheeks.

“Well, if you’ll wait a bloody minute, maybe I’ll have a chance to,” Spike said, smiling sheepishly at her before looking up at Buffy once again. “I know that we haven’t been together that long, and things really sucked in the beginning, but I love you, and there’s nothing I’d like more than to spend the rest of my life with you.” She began tearing up again. “Will you honor me with the privilege of calling you my wife someday?”

“Spike-” she answered, and his heart instantly sank. “Are you kidding?” He looked down, biting back the tears that were threatening to spill over. “I don’t think marrying me is a privilege, but if you think it is, then I guess I can honor you with it.” His eyes widened as he stood up and embraced her tightly, crying into her shoulder. “I love you.”

“I love you, too,” he said, looking at her and grazing her cheek. “So bloody much.”

“Not to ruin the mood, but where’s the ring?” Dawn asked, looking at Spike. He grinned and pulled a black velvet box out of his pocket.

“Wanted to hear her say yes before showing it to her,” he said, opening the box and revealing a platinum ring with a large square diamond in the center with smaller diamonds surrounding it.

“It’s beautiful,” Buffy said, looking at it before looking at her fiancé. “Will you put it on for me?”

“Haven’t you noticed how badly my hands are shaking?” he asked, chuckling. “I might drop it.”

“You better not!” she replied, trying to take the box from him, but he intercepted her.

“No, I want to do this,” he said, extracting the ring from the box and sliding it onto her left hand’s ring finger. She looked at her engagement ring and noticed how the lights above her were making it sparkle.

“Spike, it’s perfect,” she said quietly before leaning up and kissing him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

“Yeah, Spike, nice choice,” Dawn said. “Welcome to the family.” He smiled and hugged her. “But I still stand by what I said that day about you hurting her.” He chuckled.

“I don’t think I’ll ever forget it,” he said before looking at Buffy. “I have to get onstage, but before I go, one last kiss.” She smiled as his lips brushed against hers. “I love you.”

“I love you, too, William,” she said. “Are you ever going to show me your poems?” He raised an eyebrow. “I know you’ve written some about me. When can I see them?”

“Never,” he replied, kissing her cheek. “I’ll see you from the stage.” She nodded and watched as he walked into the backstage area. Willow and Anya were sitting at the bar, talking and grinning when Buffy and Dawn walked over to them.

“So? Did you say yes?” Willow asked excitedly, and Buffy nodded giddily, showing them her ring. “Wow, Spike made a really nice choice.” Willow looked at her. “Can you believe that all three of us are engaged?”

“Seems surreal,” Anya said, ordering another drink. “We should have a triple wedding.”

“I have a feeling the guys wouldn’t go for that,” Willow said, shrugging. “Speaking of which…” All of the girls turned to face the stage as the band walked out, the audience clapping and cheering. Buffy grinned at Spike when he walked up to the microphone and winked at her.

“First, I want to thank everyone for coming here tonight and supporting the band,” he said, the crowd applauding once again. “It means a lot that people stuck with us through a hard time.” He looked at his band-mates and smiled before looking at his fiancé again. “And second, I want to thank my love for staying by my side and not giving up on me, even though I was a right bastard to you.” She laughed, looking at him lovingly. “And I’m proud to announce tonight that we’re engaged.” The bar erupted into deafening cheering, and Buffy grinned when Dawn hugged her, both girls giggling. “This show’s for you, luv.”

“I love you,” she mouthed at him, and he smirked at her.

“I love you, too,” he said, forgetting for that moment that he was in front of the crowd and that everyone could hear him.

‘But then again, it doesn’t matter,’ he thought. ‘I’d shout it out from the bloody rooftops if she wanted me to.’

Buffy watched him adoringly before taking a deep breath and looking at her ring.

‘I’m getting married to him,’ she thought before looking at him. ‘Well, whoever said you can’t mix business and pleasure was a fool. At least we’re not on the tour-bus anymore.’ She paused and giggled. ‘Although I wouldn’t mind repeating Vegas again.’


THE END
***************************************************************************





A/N Well, that's the end of this fic. I hope everyone enjoyed it because I know I certainly enjoyed writing it. I want to thank everyone for their support and sweet reviews- you kept me going and helped me gain inspiration to write more:)