Spike was still stunned as he shook her hand. Whether he wanted to admit it or not, he was actually speechless.

‘Say something, you stupid ponce,’ he commanded himself. ‘She’s the bird touring with us. Oh god…’ He paused and smirked. ‘I think I’d like to have a go with this one.’

“It’s nice to meet you,” Spike said. “I’m Spike Crawford.” Buffy smiled.

“I assumed as much,” she said. “My kid sister told me a little about you.” Spike smiled proudly.

“Did she now?” he asked. “What exactly did she tell you?” Buffy looked at him.

“That you’re a womanizer,” Buffy said, and Spike’s smile instantly faded. “But that’s not keeping her from having a crush on you.” She looked at Angel. “Kids these days. You think they’d learn to go for the good guys.” Spike stared at her.

“Who says I’m not good?” he asked, his tone both defensive and suggestive. She raised an eyebrow and smiled.

“Let me go look in a tabloid- I’m sure I can find a girl who knows from her one-night stand with you,” she replied. Angel couldn’t help but laugh at the fierce blonde woman.

‘She’s got spunk,’ he thought. ‘And she’s not afraid to put him in his place. Thank god for my cousin.’

“Well, Spike, you’ve got a show to do soon,” Angel said before Spike could launch a counter-attack against Buffy. “Go ahead backstage, and I’ll see you in a moment.” He shot Buffy a withering glare before storming off to the backstage area. Angel smiled at her. “I’m sorry about him- he can be kind of an ass.”

“So I noticed,” she said, returning his smile. “But he’s nothing I can’t handle.”

“Good,” Angel replied before looking at his watch. “I have to get back there, but feel free to have a drink and relax. I have a feeling the next few weeks are going to be a non-stop whirlwind.” He noticed a redhead emerging from the backstage. She came over to him and smiled. “Buffy, I want you to meet Willow Rosenberg, Oz’s fiancé.” Buffy smiled at the woman and shook her head. “Willow, this is the reporter I was telling you about.”

“Oh,” Willow said, looking at Buffy. “It’s great to meet you. I love reading your articles in ‘Young and Hip’.”

“Thank you,” Buffy said sincerely, motioning for Willow to sit on the stool next to her.

“Well, I’ll let you two talk,” Angel said. “And I’ll see you after the show, right, Buffy?” She nodded, and he politely excused himself before leaving the two women alone.

“So, you’re engaged to the bassist?” Buffy asked conversationally, thankful that Dawn had given her the basic information about the members of the band.

“For three months now,” Willow smiled. “He’s really great. I’m sure he won’t be any trouble at all on the road.”

“Not like Spike, right?” Buffy asked, smirking. Willow nodded and ordered a drink.

“Xander’s a sweetheart, too, but you’ll have to beware of his two girlfriends,” Willow said. Buffy raised an eyebrow.

“Two?” she asked, taking a sip of her Cosmopolitan.

“Yeah, two,” she affirmed. “Cordelia Chase and Anya Jenkins. Cordy can be very high-society, but she’s generally pretty nice. And Anya… well, she’s a character.” Buffy smiled. “She speaks very succinctly and can be brutally honest sometimes.” She paused. “I should probably warn you that she talks openly about her sexuality. It can be kind of disturbing at first, but you’ll get used to it.”

“Thanks for the information,” Buffy said, trying to process it all. “Are they going on tour?”

“No,” Willow said, shaking her head. “Cordy is a model in Los Angeles, so she’ll probably only go to their concert there. And Anya runs the occult store in town, so she can’t be gone for three weeks. She’ll probably show up after she closes the store tonight.”

“Anyone else I should be aware of?” Buffy asked with a light tone.

“Yeah,” Willow said, taking a deep breath. “Drusilla.”

* * *

“And who exactly is that?” Buffy asked.

‘And what kind of name is Drusilla?’ she asked herself.

“She used to date Spike,” Willow began to explain. “They moved here together from England, and after they broke up a couple of months ago, she started to appear at random shows. She’s a little unstable, to tell you the truth. I don’t know if she’ll go to any of their stops on the tour, but you should probably be prepared just in case. Xander and Oz hate her, and I think Spike finally is over her.”

“Wait- did she dump him, or was it the other way around?” Buffy asked curiously.

“She was cheating on him,” Willow answered, and Buffy felt slightly sympathetic towards him.

‘It always seems like the guys are the ones who cheat,’ she thought. ‘And he’s a punk rocker- I would’ve just assumed it was him who did the cheating. That’s so horrible.’ She paused. ‘And it probably explains why he’s such a jerk now.’

“Is it safe to assume that Spike is single?” Buffy asked. Willow smiled.

“Yeah, he is,” she answered. “And I’m sure you’ll get to see all of his conquests the morning after.” Buffy instantly felt nauseous.

“Got to love groupies,” Buffy replied, sipping her drink. Willow patted her hand.

“But other than dealing with Spike, I’m sure you’ll have a great time,” she said. “It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity, isn’t it?” Buffy looked at her. “And besides, you’ll have the guys looking out for you over the next three weeks. I’m sure you’ll be safe, and if one of the guys gives you any trouble, send him my way, okay?” Buffy smiled at the other woman.

‘She’s such a sweetheart,’ Buffy thought. ‘Her and I will get along great for three weeks.’ She paused. ‘Wait a second…’

“I just realized something- are you going on tour with the band, too?” Buffy asked, and Willow shook her head.

“I have to teach a summer class,” Willow answered. “Looks like you’ll be the only girl on the bus.”