After arriving in Phoenix hours later, Buffy was more than grateful to get off of the bus. Every time Spike had even looked at her, she turned her back on him or walked to her bunk, closing herself off. Her plan of ignoring him completely went perfectly, and when she exited the bus, she jumped on the chance to get even farther away from him.

Spike didn’t understand why Buffy was acting the way she was. He thought she’d be thankful that he’d looked out for her the night before, but instead, she was unresponsive and kept herself away from him. When they arrived at the bar they were supposed to play in, he saw Bree off before going into the bar and watching Buffy head towards the bathrooms, letting herself into the one for women. He looked around and made sure no one was looking before he let himself into the women’s bathroom. She shrieked as he entered, which caused him to chuckle before locking the door.

“What are you doing?” she hissed, still in shock that he was in the bathroom with her.

‘And thank god there’s no one in here,’ she mentally added.

“Why’ve you been ignoring me?” Spike asked, crossing his arms. “You’ve been giving me the brush-off all day.”

“I have my reasons,” she answered simply, letting herself into one of the stalls so she could change into an outfit more suitable for the show.

“And what would those be, luv?” he asked, leaning back against a wall. “Is this because of Bree?”

“The one-night stand who was a fixture on our bus all day?” Buffy asked, hoping that she didn’t sound jealous.

‘Because I’m not,’ she thought quickly. ‘At all. I don’t want to be another notch on his headboard.’

“So that’s what this is all about?” he asked, smirking. “You’re angry because there was another bird on the bus, taking the spotlight off bitchy Buffy?”

“What?” she asked, angry. “That’s not it at all.” She pulled on her clothes quickly and walked out of the stall, and she noticed that Spike was looking somewhat hungrily at her body. “What’re you looking at?”

“Nothing,” he said, snapping out of his trance. “But you owe me a debt of gratitude, pet.”

“Gratitude?” she asked, raising an eyebrow. “For what?” She knew why, but she wasn’t about to give him the pleasure of thanking him.

“For not letting you become a bar floozy last night who helped start a fight,” he answered, watching as she combed through her wavy hair with her fingers.

“I did no such thing,” she answered before putting on lip-gloss. He stared at her lips and felt a strong urge to throw her up against the wall and have his wicked way with her.

‘I doubt anyone would notice,’ he thought, pondering the idea.

“It was all Larry’s fault,” she added before looking at him, smirking. “Ha! I remembered his name!”

“Bollocks,” Spike replied, smiling. “Xander told you, didn’t he?” She pretended to be outraged before nodding.

“But I couldn’t resist the idea of taking your precious guitar away from you,” she said, walking towards the door. She opened the lock but paused before opening the door. Keeping her back to him, she took a deep breath and said, “Thank you for last night, Spike.” He smiled as she walked out, watching her go to the bar.

‘That girl drives me bloody crazy,’ he thought. ‘But in a delightfully good way.’

* * * * *
After the show, Xander and Oz walked over to the bar, sitting on both sides of her.

“Where’s Angel?” she asked, confused. “And Spike? Is something wrong?” Xander frowned.

“Drusilla made an appearance tonight,” he answered, ordering a beer. “She was in the front row, which really threw Spike off of his game. And somehow, she managed to get backstage, thus prompting a fight to erupt between the three of them.”

“What does Angel have to do with it?” Buffy asked, ordering a soda.

“He slept with her the week after they broke up,” Xander replied, and Buffy was stunned.

“Angel slept with a girl who was dating Spike?” she asked. “Are you kidding?” Both Xander and Oz shook their heads. “Wow. That explains why Spike and Angel don’t seem to get along all of the time.”

“Spike’s over it, and Angel has confirmed numerous times that it was just a one-time deal,” Xander said. “But yeah, there’s still a little tension between them.” He took a gulp from his bottle. “Which only gets aggravated when the dark bitch appears.”

“Is everything alright, though?” Buffy asked, becoming concerned. “Do you really think it’s a good idea for the three of them to be alone right now, with no mediation from outside parties?”

“It’s better to let them deal with it on their own,” Oz said quietly. “There’s not much we can do.”

“And it’ll end like it always does- Dru will leave, Angel will retreat to the bus to brood, and Spike will get himself drunk before passing out on the bed in the back of the bus,” Xander said, shrugging. “We just let these things take their course.”

It was seconds later when Spike stormed out from the back and left the building. Buffy raised an eyebrow.

“Maybe he’s skipping the drinking phase,” Oz suggested, watching as Angel and Dru began to walk toward them. “You might want to go, Buffy, before she gets here.” Buffy nodded quickly and left, going to the bus. Spike was scouring through the mini-fridge, pulling out travel bottles of Jack Daniels.

“Spike?” she asked quietly, worried.

“Go away, pet,” he said, opening a bottle and drinking it in one gulp. She frowned. “I’m serious, just go away.”

“Do you maybe want to talk?” she offered, sitting one of the couches. He scowled and drank another bottle.

“About what? About my ex-girlfriend? No thanks,” he answered. “I’ve already spent thousands on therapy that hasn’t worked, so why would talking about her with you help at all?”

“Because I might be able to offer some insight or something,” she said, trying not to be defensive.

“I don’t want your bloody insight,” he replied. “You’re a woman, just like her, and all you’ve ever done to me is be a bitch, so sorry if I don’t want your sodding help.” She stood up and scoffed.

“Fine,” she said, angry. “If you want to get trashed, go for it- I don’t care, Spike. You love living the life of a rock-star, don’t you? The alcohol, the girls…are drugs involved, too? Because I don’t want to forget them on my list.”

“Fuck off,” he said sharply, glaring at her. She pushed past him, going to her bunk bed and laying down.

“Bastard,” she muttered as she closed her eyes, biting back the tears that were forming.
***************************************************************************



A/N I just want to say thank you to everyone who reviewed this chapter- this one's for you! Frankly, I was shocked by how many people read chapter 6 and reviewed it- that was quite an outpouring, which I'm more than grateful for. Please keep it coming!:)