When she woke up, she was glad that the bus was in motion, heading towards their next destination- Las Vegas. They wouldn’t be arriving until nightfall, but she didn’t really care.

‘I’m going to Las Vegas,’ she thought, giddy. ‘This is something I’ve dreamt of doing for a long time. It’s sad to think, though, that my job is the reason I’m finally traveling to it. I should probably e-mail Lilah and check-in with her soon, too.’

She saw that Spike’s bunk was empty and walked to the back of the bus, quietly opening the door that closed the bedroom off from the rest of the sleeping area. He was asleep on the bed, partially covered by a sheet. She gasped slightly as she realized that he was naked, and no matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t tear her eyes off of him. His muscular arms, pectorals, abdomen, and legs were drool-worthy, and she was finding it difficult to not look at every inch of his exposed skin.

‘He has such an amazing body,’ she thought, unconsciously licking her lips. ‘I guess I can understand why Dawnie likes him so much. His personality isn’t desirable a lot of the time, but his body makes up for it.’

“Going to stare all day, pet?” he asked, his eyes still closed. Her eyes widened.

‘Oh my god,’ she thought. ‘This is both creepy and embarrassing. Why did I remain in here in the first place?’ She paused. ‘Oh right, because I was looking at that delicious body spread across the bed.’ She closed her eyes for a moment. ‘You need severe help, Buffy.’

“How did you know it was me?” she asked, quickly looking down, praying that she wasn’t blushing.

“Because none of the guys come in here when I’m sleeping,” he answered, slowly opening his eyes to look at her, taking in the pajamas she was still wearing. They weren’t considerably sexy, but her ruffled hair and rumpled clothes were making him smile.

“Sorry,” she said, heading towards the door.

“No, stay for a while,” he said, patting the space beside him on the bed. She raised an eyebrow. “Come on, luv, I don’t bite.” She giggled and sat next to him.

“Don’t you have a hangover?” she asked, not looking at him for fear that she’d stare at his body more.

“No,” he answered. “I only had about ten of those little bottles, and that’s not enough to get anyone drunk.” He looked at her. “Except for maybe you, kitten. You seem like a lightweight.” She frowned. “But I remember what I said to you last night, and I’m sorry for being such an ass. You were being nice, which I appreciate, and you didn’t deserve anything that I said to you.” She looked at him, seeing the sincerity in his eyes. “Dru just pisses me off, and I took it out on you. I really am sorry, luv.”

“It’s okay,” she said quietly. “You’re not quite forgiven, but I’ll get over it. The snarky side of you just adds to your charm.” He chuckled and stretched out, which caused Buffy to once again look at his body.

“So you think I’m charming now, do you?” he asked, watching her as she perused his body. “If you want to touch me, baby, I’m all for it.” She blushed and stood up. “Oh come on, I was just kidding.”

“You’re a pervert, Spike,” she said, walking to the door. “And get dressed already. It’s almost noon, and I don’t want to eat while your naked self is walking around.”

“Liar,” he chuckled. “But fine, whatever you’d like, princess. I’ll be out in a few minutes.” She closed the door behind her as she left before leaning back against it and closing her eyes, berating herself.

‘What’s going on with you, Summers?’ she thought, somewhat upset. ‘You’re dancing on a dangerously thin line.’

* * *

Buffy was sitting at the table in the main part of the bus, putting the finishing touches on the questions she was going to ask the band. Spike sat across from her, eating some chips.

“Want some?” he asked, offering the bag to her. She shook her head, smiling.

“No thanks,” she answered. “But I appreciate the olive branch you’re trying to give me.” He chuckled and looked out the window. “So, can you believe we’re going to Vegas?”

“Sin City?” he asked, grinning. “I think it’ll be a good time, especially with you there.” She blushed and looked at her laptop’s screen. “Besides, I heard the Bellagio is an amazing hotel.” She nodded, still typing. “We have two suites.” She looked at him, surprised. “So if you want to stay with me, you’re more than welcome to.”

“So I can see the skanks you bring home at four in the morning? No way,” she replied, focusing once again on the questions she had assembled.

“There’ll be no other woman but you in my room,” he replied, and when she realized how genuine he sounded, she looked at him. “So, what do you say, luv? Will you share a room with me?”

“It’d be safer if I was with Oz,” she replied. “I know he’ll be on his best behavior because of Willow. Plus, this way, you three can get your groove on with some of the lovely ladies of the Strip.”

“Didn’t I just tell you that I don’t want to bring any girls back with me?” he asked, trying not to become frustrated.

‘Do I have to come out and bloody say it? I want her, and if she doesn’t know that, then she’s blind,’ he thought.

“I heard the words, but I don’t know if I should believe you,” she replied, standing up. “Can we talk about this later? I’m supposed to interview Xander in about five minutes.”

“Fine,” he said, frowning. “But I’m claiming one of the suites for you and I, Buffy.” She took one last look at him before going to sit with Xander on one of the couches.

‘Because no matter what, things are going to change in Vegas,’ he thought before returning to the back bedroom.
***************************************************************************




A/N I want to once again thank everyone who's been reviewing this story. I promise Spuffyness fairly soon, so be on the lookout for that:)