Buffy was scouring through her closet for an outfit when Dawn walked into her bedroom.

“Does someone have a hot date tonight?” Dawn asked mischievously, sitting down on Buffy’s bed.

“Yeah, with a band,” Buffy answered, pulling out several hangers of clothes.

“Do I sense a possibly orgy?” Dawn laughed, looking at her sister’s shocked expression. “Oh come on, Buffy, I’m not a kid anymore. I do know about these things.” She giggled. “I’ve heard a lot worse, too. But I never expected my sister, the prim and proper reporter, would do something so scandalous.”

“Will you shut up and help me pick out something to wear?” Buffy asked, looking at the garments in her hands.

“What’s the big deal?” Dawn asked. “I’ve never seen you worry about the clothes you’re going to wear to some band’s show.”

“Well, I guess this isn’t just ‘some band’, Dawnie,” Buffy said, depositing the hangers on her bed. “I have something I need to tell you.”

“Let me guess- you’re pregnant with some musician’s baby and you have to tell him tonight before he goes on tour in Europe for the summer,” Dawn joked, giggling. Buffy shot her a look and took a deep breath.

“I’ve been asked to go on tour with a band for three weeks,” Buffy announced. “The magazine wants me to cover the tour and how things go for the band.” Dawn was stunned. “I’m leaving in a couple of days, actually.”

“Are you serious?” Dawn asked, shocked. Buffy nodded. “When were you going to tell me? You just thought you could spring this on me?”

“I just found out this afternoon,” Buffy said quietly. “And trust me, I wasn’t too happy about leaving you here alone that long, but if I don’t go, Lilah could fire me, and we both know how much I need my job.”

“So you’re going to follow some band around for three weeks?” Dawn asked. “You’re going to watch all of their shows, interview the band, live with them on a tour-bus?” Buffy hadn’t even thought about that.

‘I’m going to be in close quarters with this band for three weeks,’ she thought before frowning. ‘This isn’t going to be good. I can already feel the tension building, and I haven’t even met the guys yet.’

“Yes,” Buffy finally answered. “And I get to meet them tonight and hopefully get a feel for how they are.”

“Which band is it?” Dawn asked, poking through the pile of clothes Buffy had dropped off next to her.

“Dingoes Ate My Baby,” Buffy answered. Dawn instantly shot to attention, staring at her sister.

“You’re going on tour with Dingoes Ate My Baby?” Dawn asked, clarifying. Buffy nodded, confused by the look in Dawn’s eyes. “You get to spend three weeks with Spike Crawford?” Buffy raised an eyebrow.

“There’s a guy named Spike in the band?” she asked. “You’ve got to be joking me.” Dawn stood up.

“You lucky bi-” Dawn began before cutting herself off and slightly blushing when Buffy gave her a warning look.
“Can I go with you? I hardly take up any space.” She sighed, a dreamy expression washing over her face. “God, I’d give anything to be a band-aid for those guys.” Buffy looked at her sister.

“A band-aid? What am I not understanding?” she asked, crossing her arms.

“Don’t you remember what a ‘band-aid’ is?” Dawn asked, and Buffy shook her head. “It’s another name for groupies. Kate Hudson was one in ‘Almost Famous’…ring any bells?”

“What?” Buffy asked, snapping out of her thoughts. “Oh, right. Sorry, I only watched the movie for Jason Lee.” Buffy looked at her kid sister sternly. “I’m not taking you along with me just so you can sleep with some guy named Spike. He probably has more STDs than there are letters in the alphabet, Dawnie. Yuck!” Dawn laughed and grabbed a jean skirt out of the clothes pile.

“Here,” she said. “And you can wear that tight black T-shirt I like so much. You’ll look both sexy and professional.” Buffy smiled and grabbed the shirt and a pair of black heels. “Can I come with you tonight?”

“Don’t you have exams tomorrow?” Buffy asked, and Dawn smiled. “Dawn! You have to study. If you lose your scholarship, I swear I’m going to-”

“Make me work at Doublemeat Palace, I know,” Dawn said, leaving the room and going to the kitchen. Buffy took a deep breath and looked at herself in the mirror.

‘I really wish I wouldn’t have accepted this assignment,’ she thought, sighing.

* * *

Spike got a drink from the bar about half an hour before the show was supposed to start. Besides his usual nerves about performing, he now was plagued by the idea of having some reporter following him around for three weeks.

‘A lot can happen in three bloody weeks,’ he thought, grabbing the beer the bartender handed to him. ‘If she even thinks she can interview me one-on-one, she’s got another thing coming. My secrets are staying private- I’m not letting some chit spread vicious lies about me just so she can sell some lame magazine.’ He saw a blonde woman walk into the bar and couldn’t help but stare at her. ‘Now that’s a beautiful woman.’ She noticed him and raised an eyebrow before coming to the bar and ordering a drink. Before Spike could approach her, Angel came over to him.

“What is it, Peaches?” Spike asked, drinking from his bottle. “Are we taking a monkey on tour with us now, too?”

“Your smart-ass comments will only get you so far in the business,” Angel replied, crossing his arms. “Are you planning on getting drunk before the show? Because when you did that last week, I had a lot of damage control to do. Do you realize you insulted almost all of America?” Spike chuckled and looked at Angel.

“Well, sometimes you bloody Colonials need to remember that this blasted country was formed primarily by Englishmen,” Spike said, taking a swig from his bottle. “England is twenty times better than this place, and the ‘founding fathers’ of America just weren’t good enough for the mother country.”

“So why do you live here then?” a voice asked. Both men turned to see the blonde woman from before standing beside them. Spike smirked at her.

‘She’s got some attitude,’ he thought, appraising her. ‘And a hell of a body to go with it. What I wouldn’t give for a chance with her.’

“Can I help you?” Angel asked, snapping Spike back to reality.

“Are you Angel?” she asked, surprising both men in front of her.

“Yes, I am,” he answered. “And who exactly are you, Miss…”

“Summers,” the woman smiled, extending a hand. “Buffy Summers.” Angel shook her hand, and it was then that Spike figured out who she was. He raised an eyebrow as she looked at him. “I believe I’m going on tour with you.”
***************************************************************************





A/N Yes, the stage has now been set for some classic interactions to occur between our favorite blonde pair. I promise there will be at least one (if not several more LOL) NC-17 chapters to this story, so be prepared for the fun Spuffyness to kick in eventually. Thanks to those who reviewed, and I will definitely update tomorrow!:)