Chapter 5

The next morning, she was ready on time. She decided to go with some khaki pants and a black sweater, her hair back in a ponytail, small golden earrings, and very light make-up.

Her dad came to pick her up at her room. Lilah was waiting for them in the lobby. She was around 32 years old, tall, long legs, and a very beautiful brunette with a doll face. But she was really a heartless bitch. She had been her dad's divorce lawyer. She worked for Wolfram and Hart, Attorneys at Law. After the divorce, she asked to transfer to their Geneva office, and six months later, she was the new Mrs. Summers. She and Buffy had only met a couple of times, but they really hated each other.

“Hello, Buffy.”

“Morning, Lilah, or should I call you mother?” Buffy knew how much she hated that. Not only because she was the anti-mother type, but the fact that someone Buffy’s age was calling her that made her feel old.

“Lilah is fine,” she answered, giving Buffy a fake smile.

“Shall we, ladies?” Hank asked, grabbing each girl with one hand.

They had a nice breakfast in a very cute restaurant where they could see the Alps. In front of her father, Lilah was nice, but when he wasn’t around, she didn’t hide her true feelings.

“Listen up, you little brat. You better behave now. This little joke of yours is costing your father a fortune. That school is one of the finest and more expensive as well. I have you to thank that we had to postpone buying the ski condo your father had promised me. Just know that I’ll be watching you very closely. I won’t let a stupid brat like you ruin what I have worked so hard to get.”

“Fuck you, mother.”

“How dare you talk to me that way? No wonder even your own mother doesn't want you anymore. You are nothing but a…”

“Shut up, just shut your fucking mouth.”

As Lilah was getting ready to respond, Hank came back to the table.

“All set, ready to go?”

“Sure, honey. I was just telling Annie how happy we are that she is here.”

“Right, mother.”

“Good, good. Baby, I gave instructions to drive you back home. Buffy and I have to go shopping, and after that, we’ll be on our way to Montreux. I'll be back tomorrow, ok?”

“Sure thing, honey. Just be careful, ok?”

“Ok.” “Buffy, honey, let's go.”

“Bye, mother.”

“Bye, Annie.”

After going shopping for school supplies, winter clothing, and other stuff, they were on their way to Montreux.

“You’ll love this school, honey. It’s actually a British school, so all your classes will be in English. There are girls from over 30 different nationalities. They have an art program, a pool, and they even have horses.”

“Ok.”

“Buffy, I know that you see this as a punishment, but really, you should see it as an opportunity."

“I know, dad. I promise I won’t let you down again.”

“It's ok, honey, you didn’t let me down. You made wrong choices. You were confused, that’s all. And everything is ok now.”

“Ok, dad. BTW, Dawn says hi. She really misses you.”

“I miss her, too. I’ll call her tonight after I drop you off, ok?”

“So, I’m staying there tonight?”

“The sooner you get settled, the better.”