STAKE YOUR CLAIM



Chapter 18: Part II ‘Stay With Me’


They lay, curled up together in that simple, but very warm bed and still both very naked. Spike had both his arms wrapped about Buffy, her tiny body half pulled up on top of his. One of her long, slim arms was draped about his neck, her other one lay against his chest, her tiny hand rested there. Buffy’s golden head was snuggled just underneath his chin and he could feel her golden lashes brushed up against his skin.

Neither of them were completely asleep, but they were very, very dazed and sated from their last frenzied love-making. Spike smiled against her soft head, thinking about their last coming together. His Buffy was everything he had dreamed she would be, everything he had hoped for and knew she was.

There had been no holding back on either of their parts during their love making. Buffy was responsive, loving and urgent in her needs, just like he had been with her and Spike was more then delighted; he was in awe of her.

‘God, Princess,’ he sighed in contentment, ‘do you have any idea what you do to me?’

“Buffy, luv,” Will whispered into her ear, pulling her from her dazed contentment.

“Hmmm,” she murmered back, snuggling her face even deeper into his warm neck.

“Will you?” he asked simply, “marry me I mean. As soon as possible, please luv. I love you so much, can’t think how I’d go on. Knowing we can have this always, but not living in the same house, sharing the same bed, all the time that is.”

She resisted the urge to shout out her answer, fearing that the other residents in the house would surely hear what their beloved Will and their proper school teacher had been about for the last few hours.

So, she chose to giggle softly and nod her head, “yes, Will,” she whispered so lightly, just so he could hear, “I will marry you. I love you very much and we can marry, as soon as possible.”

He sighed against the top of her head and lifted her chin to bring her mouth to his. There were tiny tears of happiness in his indigo blue eyes.

“Stay with me,” he pleaded tenderly as he nuzzled Buffy’s soft golden hair with his lips. “The rest of the night, stay with me and sleep with me. I’ve got to be up just before sunrise, before anyone else will even think of waking. I’ll be sure and get you back into your safe, proper little bed in the guest room, all discreet like before anyone even knows you went missing from it. I promise, Princess. So stay with me now.”

She nodded against his chest and he cuddled her even closer to him.

“I suppose your Mum and Jennifer will want to make a big fuss, eh, luv?” he chuckled softly, “about the wedding and all. Have a big party, no holds barred. Your Mum and Dad, they’re coming back out to pick up Dawn in January, then? I ‘spose you’ll be wantin’ to wait until then? I’d marry you tomorrow, sweetheart, if you’d have me. But, I guess I can wait a bit longer, huh?”

Buffy raised her head and grinned at him, saucily. This is already the 2nd of December, darling,” she murmered and kissed his mouth tenderly, “we can wait, just a bit longer, can’t we, darling? Don’t you think? Besides,” she continued with a low giggle, “my Mother and Jennifer would ‘surely’ throw 10 fits if they could not put on a huge show for just
everyone!”

Spike raised his left brow, but smiled warmly, “yeah, ‘spose you’re right about that.”


True to his word, as always, William made sure, after a nice little rest together, that Buffy got back into her guest room. Safe, sound and no one in the house the wiser, or, so the two lovers thought anyway, as he reluctantly allowed her to go back into the guest room. William himself, was dressed, bundled up and less then ready to go to the chore he had in the Southern part of the ranch.

The next day, it was well past noon before Buffy awoke and found herself alone in the guest room, Dawn was up and about already.

‘Of course she is. I’m only exhausted because I have been up, making love all night with my man,’ Buffy giggled, as she threw the cumbersome blankets off of her. She jumped up and washed as best she could, choosing a nice riding habit from the guest room closet.

When she arrived downstairs, the rest of the Giles family, including Dawn were lounging about the parlour. Maybe she, Buffy, was imaging things, but it seemed that every one of the people in the Gile’s parlour were watching her, eagle eyed and with varying degrees of smiles on their faces.

“What?” she asked innocently to Dawn, then Rupert and Jennifer Giles. Dawn giggled and shrugged, then scurried off to sit next to Connor by the fireplace. Rupert grinned widely, his blue eyes, ‘Will’s eyes,’ Buffy thought warmly, ‘shining with graceful happiness.’

Jennifer stood up and approached Buffy, “you must be starved,” the older woman stated. ‘Did Jennifer Giles just wink at me?’ Buffy wondered as she allowed herself to be led into the kitchen.

After a quick breakfast of biscuits and gravy, Buffy wiped her mouth and put her dishes in the great kitchen sink. Jennifer and Rupert both had sat with her in the kitchen while she ate, chatting amicably, sipping tea. Buffy sat back down at the table and glanced up at Will’s Father, a questioning look on her face.

“He’s out at the Southern end of the ranch,” Rupert nodded and stated simply, “there’s an outpost shack there. The fence, it needed mending. William’s there. It’s only about a half hour ride or so. Your Cloud is out in the corral. I am sure she would be most happy to visit Demon while you and William ‘talk’ together.”

Jennifer grinned widely at Buffy who rose from the table and immediately hurried out the of the back door to have Cloud saddled and ride out to ‘talk’ to Will.

Buffy had no trouble in finding the place that Will was supposed to be, a stretch of land surrounded by a broken fence with an infrequently used outpost shack nearby.

By the time Buffy had reached Will and Demon, he was more the aware of her coming. He had tossed his tools aside and lit a cigarette, leaned up against the almost mended fence, a warming smile on his handsome face.

“Everything all right, Princess?” he asked as he reached up to lift her off of Cloud and into his strong arms. She nodded shyly and cuddled into him with confidence.

“I think,” she whispered softly, “that maybe we should not wait, Will. To marry that is.”

He pulled back and grinned happily at her, “fine by me, but why the sudden change in the waiting period and all.”

William had tossed his unfinished cigarette into the snow before he’d taken her down and into his arms, but Buffy still could smell the familiar, comorting aroma of smoke, tanned leather from his heavy coat and something that was distinctively her man, William.

“Because,” Buffy began shyly, her face a warm flush of need, want and perhaps even practicality. “I might be a little premature, but…”

Spike raised his eyebrow up, gave her a once over and his best grin, “premature?” he chuckled as he tucked a loose strand of her golden hair behind her ear.

Buffy took his free hand and ran it down the front of her heavily clothed body, coming to rest on her tummy. “What if,” she began haltingly, “what if there’s a baby in here, already I mean.”

She looked at him, her green eyes full of wonder and hope; it made Spike feel more like a man then he had ever felt in his life. “Then I say,” he whispered lovingly, kissing the tip of her funny nose gently, “then I say, wonderful, sweetheart. I’d like nothing more then to have a baby in there, already that is. And you are right. We should marry as soon as possible. Oh, the hell with the wedding parties, let them throw the things after the fact. We will marry, Buffy, my love, tomorrow, since it’s probably too late today.”

Buffy clasped Will to her, desperately, afraid that this was all a dream, afraid that she and he may love each other too much, but still brave enough to embrace it all. Him, their love, their future together.

“Yes,” she sighed against his chiseled cheek, “we’ll marry tomorrow. Mother and Jennifer can give us after wedding parties, to their heart’s content. Kiss me Will,” she ordered firmly, “kiss me until I cannot take any more of your kisses, not until later, tonight, when the household is quiet again and I sneak back into your room.”

William laughed loudly, yelled even louder and pulled her up into his arms. Before she could think, he had carried her to the little outpost shack nearby and kicked the door open.

“I love you school teacher,” he murmered into her ear.

“I love you too,”she echoed as he lay her on a cot in the corner.


A/N: Sigh…hope that wasn’t too hokey. In the next chapter, after they consumate their engagement once again, our two love birds will go back to the ranch, inform their respective family and friends that they ‘will’ marry tomorrow in the morning. This story is coming close to an end, or is it? Thanks for reading, please, please review, hokey or not. Luv, Spuf