Chapter 11

Buffy walked into the school the next day and headed to her locker. She then saw Parker against a wall being held by Angel. She ran to them and grabbed Angel's arm. "What are you doing?" Angel looked at her.

"Faith told us what happened. I couldn't let him get away with it." Buffy didn't look happy.

"Angel, let him go!" He looked at her and then back at Parker and let him go. Parker fixed his shirt and looked angrily at them. Riley came up next to Angel and glared at Parker.

"That was a warning, come near her again and you'll regret it." Riley said and Parker wasn't amused.

"You're all crazy!" He exclaimed and then looked at Buffy. "Keep your friends away from me; I'll deal with you later." He said as he walked away and Buffy turned back to the guys and glared at them.

"What the hell did you think you were doing? I can take care of myself, this doesn't even concern you." She told them.

"Of course it concerns us; you're like a sister to us. We would have done the same thing for Faith." Angel replied and Riley agreed.

"I know you guys are just looking out for me, but I'm fine. All you did was piss him off even more; he's going to be really mad with me now." Angel and Riley looked at each other and then back at her.

"You aren't seriously going to keep dating him are you? He basically threatened you when he said he'll deal with you later. You have to stay away from him, Buffy." Riley told her.

"I can't do that. I'll just try to explain to him, I know he'll understand. I have to get to class, just let me deal with it." Buffy said as she walked away. The two brothers just looked at each other; they didn't have a good feeling. They always knew that guy was trouble, but they had a feeling that he would be a lot worse now. They just wished Buffy could see how dangerous he was. Later that night, Joyce was in the living room with Spike and Dawn. It was late and Buffy still wasn't home.

"I don't know where she could be. She told me that she was going over to Willow's after school. I called her and she said that Buffy left hours ago. Where could she be?" Joyce said a little upset. Spike put a hand on Joyce's shoulder in comfort. He was just hoping that Buffy was okay when the phone rang. Joyce jumped up and went to grab it hoping it was Buffy. She was in the kitchen and the other two couldn't hear the conversation very well. "Oh my god! Yes, I'll be right there." Joyce said as she shakily put the phone back. Spike and Dawn got up and joined her.

"Mom, what's wrong?" Dawn asked and Joyce looked at both of them.

"That was a doctor; Buffy has been taken to the hospital. She was found in an alley unconscious and badly beaten." Joyce explained while tears were falling down her face.