Chapter 13

They walked into the room and were shocked at what they saw. Dawn was trying not to cry as she looked at her older sister. She was pale with bruises on her face and cuts on her arms. Dawn looked away and hugged Spike who was behind her. She cried into his chest as he stroked her hair. Joyce sat down beside Buffy and grabbed her hand. She brushed hair out of her daughter's face. "My poor baby, how could he have done this to her?" Joyce said as she started to cry also. Spike let go of Dawn and looked at her.

"Why don't you wait outside, nibblet. You shouldn't have to see this." Dawn nodded and with one more look at Buffy, left the room. Spike walked over to Joyce. "She'll be okay, she's a fighter." Joyce looked up at him.

"He could have killed her." Spike nodded.

"I know, let's just thank God that he didn't." Spike called all of Buffy's friends and told them what happened and they were all just as upset. A few days went by and they all came by to see how she was and there was still no sign of her waking up. They saw Parker at school laughing with his friends; he acted like nothing even happened. When Angel and Riley confronted him again he just denied everything. Spike convinced Joyce to go home and get some sleep while he sat with Buffy. He was holding her hand, afraid to let her go. "I don't know if you can hear me, love. I decided to give it a try anyway. I know it has only been two days, but you need to come back to us. We all miss you, Buffy. We hate seeing you like this." He said as tears started to form in his eyes. "I should have done something when I had the chance, maybe I could have stopped this. I know that you'll be okay, I can feel it. You're the best person I know and I can't lose you. I love you, Buffy." He said as he bent his head down while the tears continued to fall. He was still holding her hand when he suddenly felt her fingers move. He looked back up at her and saw that her eyes were open and she was staring at him.

"Spike?" She asked in a hoarse voice.

"It's me, pet. I'm right here." He said as he kissed her hand. "I'm going to get the doctor, I'll be right back." The doctor came in to check Buffy and he claimed that she was recovering very well. Spike called the house and told Dawn that Buffy was awake. She was really happy about that and told Joyce along with the others. Spike went back to Buffy's room; he needed to talk to her. He found her sitting up in bed now. "I see you're feeling better." He said.

"A little, still a bit achy though." He nodded and sat by her.

"Buffy, we have to talk about what happened. Do you remember anything?" Buffy sighed.

"Yeah, it's a little fuzzy though." Spike nodded again.

"Just tell me, love. Did Parker do this to you?" He was really hoping that she would admit that it was Parker and that she wouldn't defend him this time.

"Yes, I was on my way home from Willow's and he...attacked me. He took me into an alley so no one could see us. He was mad that I told you guys what happened and he said he wanted to make me pay for it. He was hitting me and I remember he had my mouth covered so I wouldn't scream. Then he got on top of me. I remember him ripping my clothes off and then...oh god, he raped me. There was nothing I could do to stop him, he was too strong. I couldn't even scream. He just left me there to die. I was so scared." Buffy said as she burst into tears. Spike felt like crying also as he hugged her and kissed the top of her head. He wanted nothing more than to kill that bastard for what he did to her.

"It's okay now. I'll never let him hurt you again." Buffy pulled away and looked at him.

"I'm so sorry; I should have just listened to you guys when you warned me about him. I was so stupid." She said through her tears.

"You are not stupid. You were just scared, but you don't have to be anymore. There's something else I have to tell you. I told the doctor about Parker and he called the police. They were waiting for you to wake up so they could talk to you. I know it's hard, but you have to tell them exactly what you told me. Parker has to pay for what he did; you can't be quiet about this anymore." Buffy nodded.

"I know, I should have said something a long time ago." Spike nodded and got up.

"I'll let you rest for a bit and then they'll come in to talk to you. It's going to be okay now. I promise that." He said as he headed out of the room when Buffy called him back.

"Spike?" He turned back to look at her and she took a breath. "I love you, too." She told him with a faint smile. Spike smiled back, he knew that she would hear him. He walked over to her and cupped her chin and then kissed her gently on the lips. He pulled away and walked out of the room. Buffy touched her lips and lay down with a smile on her face. She was finally starting to feel better and she knew that no matter what happened, he would always be there for her.