Chapter 14

The police went after Parker after Buffy told them what happened, but they weren't having much luck. It was like Parker knew what was going to happen and he just disappeared. A week went by and no one saw him again. He wasn't at school or anywhere else they looked. Buffy was worried that he left town and wouldn't get caught. She was upset that he would get away with hurting her and that he would do the same thing to someone else. She tried to put what happened behind her and get on with her life, but it wasn't working. She has been having nightmares about that night in the alley and hasn't been getting much sleep. Spike tried talking to her and reading to her, sometimes he would even sing to help her fall asleep. She always loved the sound of his voice. Sometimes he would fall asleep next to her and they would just hold each other. She felt really safe in his arms. She continued going to school once she was let out of the hospital and hanging with her friends like everything was normal. There was still no sign of Parker. She wanted him to get caught and pay for what he did to her, but she also just hoped that she would never see him again. She was walking the halls at the end of the school day. She was going to meet Spike who was supposed to be picking her up from school. She still had a few bruises on her, but she was healing pretty well. The halls seemed to empty faster now that the end of the year was coming to a close. It was also later because she stayed behind to talk to a teacher. It was practically deserted when someone grabbed her arm and pulled her into a nearby classroom. She tried to scream when a hand came over her mouth to shut her up. She was slammed into a wall and when her vision was clearer she looked and saw who her attacker was. It was Parker. She tried to get away, but he grabbed her and threw her into a desk. "That's what you get, little girl. You really shouldn't have told the police. I have had to hide for the past week hoping those losers wouldn't find me. You've ruined my life!" Buffy got up and glared at him.

"What about my life? You beat me and raped me. You took away my innocence, my everything. I have defended you and kept everything to myself for too long. It was about time the truth came out. I'm not afraid of you, Parker. I'll see that you get locked up for a long time." Parker was angry and grabbed her by the shirt; he raised his hand and slapped her hard across the face.

"We'll see about that. I can't go to jail and I can't have you running your mouth anymore either." He told her.

"Are you going to kill me? Is that your big plan? You kill me and you can guarantee that your life will be over. I have a lot of people that care about me and will make your life a living Hell. You don't have anyone." She said in a very calm voice. Parker threw her into the wall again and she fell to the floor. She never took her eyes off him.

"I think I'm willing to risk it." He said as he tried to grab for her again. Then the door to the classroom flew open and he was greeted by a fist in the face.

"I highly doubt that." Buffy looked up at the voice and was surprised at who she saw.

"Faith!" She exclaimed as Faith smiled at her and helped her up.

"Hey B, you okay?" Buffy nodded.

"Yeah, what are you still doing here?" She asked her.

"I had to stay later, lucky for you. I saw Spike outside and he said he was waiting for you. I then had this feeling that something wasn't right, so I came back and heard noises coming from in here." Buffy hugged her friend.

"I have never been so happy to see anyone in my life." Faith smiled.

"Don't mention it." Parker then stood up and glared at Faith.

"You'll pay for that you stupid bitch!" He exclaimed as he headed for her when Spike suddenly showed up and stood in front of Faith.

"You won't be touching her, mate." He stated with venom in his voice. Parker gave a sinister laugh.

"Well, if it isn't the big bad boyfriend. Here to save the day. How long have you been sleeping with her? Probably while we were still dating. Always knew that she was nothing but a whore." Spike was angry at that and punched Parker in the nose, then he grabbed him by the shirt and threw him out of the classroom into the hall.

"Don't you ever call her that again!" Parker touched his nose and he noticed that it was bleeding, but Spike ignored it and turned to Buffy. "Are you alright, did he hurt you?" She shook her head and gave him a smile.

"Nothing I couldn't handle." Spike was relieved and hugged her.

"Sorry I didn't come in sooner, had to do something." Buffy nodded and was really glad that he was there. Faith turned back to Parker.

"So, what do we do about this dick?" She asked and Spike looked at her and then back at Parker who was still holding his nose.

"He's not going anywhere." The police showed up a few seconds later and ran over to them. "He's the one you've been looking for." Spike told them as they nodded and grabbed Parker, one cop held him while the other put handcuffs on him. They read him his rights and started to walk away.

"Wait!" Buffy exclaimed as she ran up to them. Spike wondered what she was going to do. She got in front of Parker and stared at him. "One more thing before you go." She got really close to him and it looked like she was about to kiss him when she suddenly brought her knee up into his groin. He groaned and fell down, but the cops kept their hold on him. "That's just something I've wanted to do for a long time now. Have a nice life in Hell, Parker. It couldn't have happened to a better guy." She said as she walked away and headed back to her friends. Parker just glared at her back as the cops pulled him out of the school. Faith cheered when Buffy walked back over to them.

"Way to go, B. I couldn't have said it better myself." She said as she high fived Buffy.

"Yeah, that was fun. Well, looks like it's finally over. Can we go home now?" Buffy asked looking at Spike and he smiled at her and gave her a peck on the lips.

"Yeah," he replied as he put his arm around Buffy and then Faith. "Let's get out of here, ladies." They both smiled at him and walked out of the school together.