Chapter 15

Spike knocked on Buffy's door and when he opened it he found her sitting up in bed. "Hey, still have trouble sleeping?" He asked as he walked over to her.

"A little, care to keep me company?" She moved over to the other side of the bed and Spike sat down next to her. He lay back and put his arm around her and she rested her head on his chest.

"I'm proud of you, Buffy. You've been through a lot with Parker, but you came through in the end." Spike told her.

"Yeah, because of you. I would have never been able to get through this without you. You were always there for me when we were little, I'm glad to see that you still are." She replied back.

"I'll always be there for you. You're my entire world, Summers. That will never change." He said as he kissed the top of her head and then he smiled. "I have a confession to make. I don't know why I'm telling you this now, but when we were younger I kinda had a crush on you." Buffy smiled at that.

"I kinda noticed." She said as she sat up and looked at him and he just looked back.

"You did? I was that obvious?" Buffy nodded.

"Yeah, I could tell by the way you would act around me sometimes. Sometimes you could hardly get words out; I thought it was cute actually." Spike cringed at that.

"I was not cute." Buffy laughed and kissed him on the cheek.

"Yes, you were and you still are. To be honest, I kinda had a crush on you also back then." Spike looked surprised by that.

"You did, even when I looked like that?" Buffy nodded.

"There was nothing wrong with the way you looked. Don't get me wrong, I like this look and all, but I didn't mind how you used to look either." Spike laughed.

"So, I basically did this for nothing then." He said more to himself than to her.

"What do you mean? I thought you said that Drusilla girl talked you into the look." Spike nodded.

"She talked me into changing my appearance, but I never did it. I just didn't think it was worth it and that's why we broke up, besides the cheating. She just didn't think I was good enough and didn't have the look she was going for." He told her.

"Then why did you get this look, because you were trying to get her back?" Spike shook his head.

"Honestly, I only changed about a month before I came here. I knew I would be seeing you again and I was actually really nervous about it. So, I came up with a new look to impress you. I also decided on the name myself. I was sick of being William. I guess I finally wanted you to notice me, but I didn't know that you actually did notice me before." Buffy smiled at him.

"You changed to impress me? That's really sweet, but you really didn't have to do that. You were already perfect the way you were." Spike looked into her eyes and knew that she was being sincere. He moved closer and kissed her on the lips which lasted a few seconds. He pulled away and brushed a strand of hair out of her face.

"This is why I love you, Summers. You're so bloody amazing." Buffy smiled at him.

"I do try. You're not so bad yourself." Spike smiled and touched a small bruise on her face.

"I don't understand it." He told her.

"Understand what?" She asked him.

"I don't understand how anyone could hit a face so gorgeous." Buffy smiled at him and blushed a little at the compliment. She then rested her head back on his chest. He was stroking her hair as he continued to tell her what he never had the guts to before. "I remember how it felt when I first moved here. I was so confused, knew I would probably never make friends. I know everyone thought I was a freak, but not you. You were the first one to come up and talk to me; you didn't care what anyone else thought. That was the best day of my life, because you came into it." Buffy was listening to him and she felt a tear fall down her face, but he wasn't finished. "Going back to England and leaving you was the hardest thing that I have ever done. In all that time away from you though, you were still all I thought about. I dreamt about the day that I would come back and see you again. When that day finally came and you opened the door, I felt my heart skip a beat. You are still the most beautiful thing that I have ever seen. I kept trying to convince myself that I didn't have those feelings for you anymore and that you were just a friend, but I wasn't very convincing. I wanted to kill Parker after I saw what he did to you, nobody messes with my girl." When he finished she looked up at him and he saw the tears in her eyes.

"Always the poet." She whispered as she moved closer and kissed him on the lips, this time sliding her tongue in his mouth. He reciprocated her actions and held her for what seemed like forever. When they broke apart for air she touched her forehead to his. "I love you." She said as she tried to catch her breath.

"I love you, too." He replied while he was also trying to catch his breath. They kissed again when they got their breathing under control and then Spike lay back down with his arm around Buffy. She put her head on his chest again and listened to the sound of his heartbeat. They both drifted off to sleep a little while later. Joyce opened her daughter's door to check up on her when she saw Buffy asleep with Spike. She smiled and closed the door.

"It's about time." She said to herself as she headed back to her room. She knew that her daughter was in good hands.

The End

Awww, isn't that corny. It's cute though, thanks again for reading. I'm glad ya'll liked it. I feel like keeping Spike now, who wouldn't? Hell, I'll even take Xander, Angel, or Riley. I'm not too picky, I love all the guys. Well, obviously not Parker. Happy Valentine's Day=)