Chapter 6

Buffy and Willow were walking to their lockers after school on Monday. "So, what happened to you and Parker at the Bronze the other night?" Willow asked.

"What do you mean?" Buffy replied.

"I mean that you two took off for about a half hour and then came back. What were you doing?" Buffy shrugged.

"Nothing, we were just talking." Willow nodded accepting her answer, but something didn't feel right. Buffy was putting her books in her locker and Willow noticed something on her arm.

"That's a pretty nasty bruise, where did you get it?" Buffy looked at her arm and then back at Willow.

"Oh, I fell the other day. It was so stupid; you know I can be a total klutz sometimes." Willow agreed, but didn't say anything. "I have to go, I'll see you later." Buffy said as she walked away. Willow just sighed and then turned to her locker. She wouldn't let Buffy know, but she was starting to get really worried about her friend. Willow looked in the distance and saw Buffy meet up with Parker. He kissed her and they both walked out of the school. Willow shook her head and went back to her locker; there was something she definitely didn't like about him. Buffy got home and threw her backpack on the floor and then leaned her head against the door. She was really starting to feel tired. She rubbed her arm and walked into the living room to find Spike watching TV again. "Hey, how'd the job hunting go? Assuming you actually left the couch." Spike glared at her.

"I have you know that I was out looking all day, Summers. I just needed a break, not much people hiring now it seems." Buffy nodded and sat next to him.

"Give it time, you'll find something." Spike nodded and looked at her.

"You feeling alright, looking a bit pale." Buffy sighed.

"Yeah, well school could do that to you." She told him.

"I thought you liked school." Buffy looked at him and shrugged.

"I do, it's just this year has been hard. Senior year and all, I can't wait till it's over." She told him.

"Trust me, when it is over you'll miss it and wish you were back." Spike replied.

"Is that how it was for you?" He shrugged.

"I do miss some stuff, but others not so much." Buffy nodded and smiled at him.

"Okay, I wanna know. Who was the girl?" Spike looked at her.

"What girl?" He asked and she rolled her eyes.

"The girl that talked you into the new look." Spike gave her a smile.

"What makes you think there was a girl involved?" Buffy rolled her eyes again.

"There's always a girl involved. So, who was it?" Spike sighed.

"Her name was Drusilla. We dated for over a year and okay she is the one that suggested I get a different look. I liked the look so much that I even kept it after we broke up." Buffy nodded.

"Why did you break up?" Spike took a deep breath.

"I found her with someone else; turns out she was cheating on me pretty much during our whole relationship. I just never saw it." Spike said as he looked down. Buffy felt bad for him and rubbed his back in comfort.

"I'm sorry; I know how much that sucks. If it helps any, it was her loss." Spike smiled at her.

"Thanks, pet. It helps a lot." Buffy returned his smile.

"Yeah, there are plenty girls out there. You just haven't found the right one yet." Spike nodded and Buffy stood up. "I'm going upstairs now to do my homework." Buffy said with a disgusted look on her face and then went upstairs. Spike smiled after she left.

"You're wrong about that, pet. I think I have found the right one. She just doesn't know it." Spike said to himself as he went back to the TV.