Chapter 8

"What? Why would you think that?" Spike asked a little upset.

"I don't know, it's just a feeling. She has been acting a little weird lately and today I saw her with a pretty nasty bruise on her arm. She said she fell, but I don't believe that." Spike took a breath.

"Why do you think she would lie about that?" Willow shrugged.

"I don't know, maybe she's scared. If he is hurting her maybe she's afraid to say something, afraid that it would get worse. He could have threatened her to be quiet or something. I don't have any real proof, he's never been very violent around us, but there's no telling how he acts when we're not around. I just have a bad feeling that something is wrong." Spike nodded, he knew there was something he didn't trust about that guy.

"Have you asked her about it?" Willow shook her head.

"I was afraid to, afraid that I wouldn't like the answer. I don't really think she would tell me though, maybe you could talk to her." Spike sighed.

"If you don't think she would tell you then I doubt she would tell me. I guess I could try though." Willow smiled at him.

"Thanks Spike, I really appreciate it. I hope I'm wrong though." Spike agreed.

"Yeah, so do I." Willow left and Spike stayed where he was thinking about what he would say to Buffy. He just really hoped Willow was wrong because Spike knew that he would kill anyone that put their hands on Buffy in a way that they shouldn't. She came down the stairs later all dressed up and walked to the front door. Spike got up to get to her before she left. "Where are you going?" He asked her.

"I'm meeting Parker at the Bronze." Buffy told him.

"Will the others be there?" He asked.

"No, it'll just be us this time. He was saying how we haven't had much time together, just the two of us." Spike didn't like the sound of that.

"I think I should go with you. You can never be too careful." Buffy sighed.

"Spike, I'll be fine. You worry too much. I'll only be gone a few hours, you won't even miss me." Buffy said as she opened the door.

"You know I can't help but worry about you. I really don't think you should be alone with him." Buffy looked at him.

"Are you jealous?" She asked.

"Of course not. I don't get jealous. I just don't like him and I already have a date tonight." Spike said without even thinking.

"Really, with who?" Buffy asked and Spike looked caught. He tried to think of something.

"With Faith, we're going out." She was the first person he thought of to say.

"You and Faith, she didn't tell me anything about that." Spike nodded.

"Yeah, well it was very sudden. I was supposed to meet her at the Bronze also; maybe we should just go there together." Buffy sighed.

"Okay, but you have to promise to leave Parker alone." She said as she pointed her finger at him and he held his right hand up.

"I promise to leave the wanker alone, I mean Parker. What kind of bloody name is that anyway?" Buffy rolled her eyes and left the house. Spike took a deep breath and followed her. He hoped he knew what he was getting himself into.