Chapter 9

Buffy saw Parker and headed over to him when they walked into the Bronze. Spike watched her go and sighed; he then saw the attractive brunette sitting at the bar and walked over to her. He was glad that she was there because he didn't want to have to explain to Buffy that his supposed date stood him up. He sat next to her and spoke in her ear. "Do me a favor and pretend that we're here on a date, pet." Faith looked at him when he spoke.

"Why would I do that?" She asked wondering what he was up to.

"I'll give you 50 bucks." He told her and she smiled.

"Well, okay then." Spike nodded and watched Buffy and Parker; he was determined to not let her out of his sight. Faith saw where he was staring and rolled her eyes. "You're here to spy on Buffy? Do you have a thing for her or something?" She asked him even though she already knew the answer.

"I'm just looking out for her, I don't trust that guy." Faith nodded.

"Yeah, well join the club." Spike looked back at her.

"So, none of you like him?" Spike asked and Faith shook her head.

"Can't stand him, he's nothing but your typical jock. You should see him at his basketball games; we only went because Buffy talked us into it. He gets crazy when someone screws up on his team; he thinks he's better than everyone. If you ask me, Buffy could do a lot better." Spike nodded, he was really starting to worry about Buffy now.

"Has anyone talked to her about him?" Faith nodded also.

"We tried convincing her that he was no good, but she wouldn't listen. She thinks he's the perfect boyfriend or whatever. My brothers even tried following him around once to see if he was seeing someone else so they would have proof that he was really a jerk, but they never found anything. We still don't trust him though." Spike agreed.

"Willow talked to me earlier. She thinks that Parker is hurting Buffy and she wanted me to talk to her about it. I haven't got around to it yet. I'm not sure what I would even say." Faith nodded.

"Yeah, it would be hard to get her to believe anything negative about him. It's like he's brainwashed her or something." Spike looked back to where he was watching Buffy and noticed that she was gone. He knew he should have been paying more attention.

"She's gone; I have to go look for her. I'll be right back." Spike told Faith and he went to look for Buffy. He couldn't find her anywhere inside so he looked outside. He saw her sitting outside the Bronze with her head down. "Buffy, are you okay?" He asked as she looked up at him. He then noticed that she had a big bruise on her face. He went to help her up and put his finger under her chin and looked at her face. "Did he do this to you?" He asked with anger in his voice. She didn't say anything, but he knew that Parker had something to do with it. "Where is that bastard, I'll kill him for this." Spike said and Buffy looked at him.

"Don't, I just want to go home." She said as tears started coming down her face. Faith then came outside and saw Buffy.

"Oh god, what happened?" Buffy started to really cry and she hid her face in her hands. Faith went to her side and hugged her and Buffy wrapped her arms around the other girl and cried on her shoulder. "It's okay, B." Faith said as she rubbed her back in a comforting way. Spike just stood there not sure what to do. He knew that Buffy was very important to him. He didn't think of her as just a friend, but more than that. He loved her with all his heart and watching her right now, his heart was breaking for her. He knew one thing; if he saw Parker again he would make him pay for touching her.