Chapter 11: ‘Shadow Dancing’


A/N: Sigh, I wish more readers would get into this story…I promise it gets Spuffy here after. There will be much angst to come, of course, but I will concentrate on the Spuffy relationship as this tale unfolds.

I wish someone would review this story, please. If you think I should just forget about submitting more chapters, that’s okay. I’ll listen. Thanks, luv Spuf


Buffy’s first instinct was to push William away from her, or at least put up some semblence of a struggle. Instead, she found her body melded to his while he continued the assault on her mouth. In fact, she seemed to have no choice in the matter, her lips acted on their own and right now, they were kissing him back, with a lot of enthusiasm!

Meanwhile, William’s hands weren’t idle either and Buffy felt them slip up and down her shoulders, then her bare back. For some reason, Buffy was delighted that she had chosen to wear a halter top that evening, giving him easy access to her bare skin.

Spike was delighted too. Delighted that the halter top gave him complete access to her soft, warm skin and the fact that she was not putting much of a struggle against him. He continued to kiss her, much like a starving man at a buffet table. But then again, he had been a starving man, for years. It was Buffy that was the ‘meal’ he had craved all those years and now that he had her, defenseless, overpowered really, he barely stopped his kissing onslaught to breathe.

Not even a minute has passed, not even close, when he felt Buffy’s whole demeanor change. She began to push at him, hard, well at least as hard as her tiny frame allowed.

“Don’t!” he growled at her as he clung to her even tighter, “don’t push me away, God dammit!”

“William!” she snapped harshly, her eyes filled with indignant fire, “stop it! Let me go!”

Buffy shoved him so hard, he stumbled backwards and almost fell on his ass. She wasn’t sure which one of them was more surprised, or angry. William looked at her as if he’d like to throttle her throat and she definitely felt like throwing him into the brick wall. The problem was, she didn’t know if she wanted to kill him or kiss him right at after she threw him there! It was all very confusing and disturbing, much like the hot tingles that continued to shoot through her body.

“I’m leaving!” she stated, although she wasn’t convinced herself that that’s what she really wanted.

“Oh, that’s right,” he spat at her, his blue eyes dark and angry, “just when you get a bloke hot and bothered, you always stop.”

He didn’t know whether he wanted to kill her, or kiss her, right at that moment anyway.

“You let me kiss you Buffy,” he pointed at her, “you let me kiss you and you wanted it. You know you did. God! You’re such a bloody cock tease, always were!”

Unable to vent any other way, Spike kicked an empty beer can into the wall behind Buffy, narrowly missing her with it. Buffy looked at him in disbelief.

“You, you grabbed me! You dragged ‘me’ out here, overwhelmed me with your charm; I mean your kisses, I mean your overwhelmy power thingy of yours!”

He couldn’t help but smile at her, she was so lovely, all flushed from anger and from being kissed, thoroughly.

With the quiet moves of a panther, Spike closed the distance between them and once again caught her in his strong arms.

“You’re beautiful when you’re pissed, luv!” he chuckled as he defiantly kissed her again, but on her forehead this time.

“Well, you sure can piss me off, William!” she hissed back, but failed to push him away again. Instead, she shyly smiled and looked him right back into his dark blue eyes. She definitely saw something there, in those shining indigo orbs; not just lust, something more, she was sure of it.

“You could piss off the Pope, Princess,” he quipped back. “You have to be the most frustrating woman in the world, but I think that may be part of your charm.”

Buffy giggled loudly her eyes danced with merriment and pleasure.

“Yeah,” he thought to himself, “you would get pleasure out of making me pissed!” Spike ran his hand gently down her soft cheek, “you are beautiful, Buffy. Angry, happy or sad, even near tears, you’re breathtaking.”

He watched the blush shoot up her neck into that darling face and found it absolutely adorable.

“Besides,” he continued, “all of this angry ‘act’ of ours. It’s all part the ‘our dance’ you know?”

She cocked her head to one side, a puzzled expression on her face. “Our dance,” she questioned.

“Yeah,” he shrugged as he brushed her golden hair from the side of her face, then cupped her little chin. “We’ve been dancin’ together, forever, luv,” he explained with a soft smile. “When we weren’t dancin’ around each other, I’d watch you, from the shadows. Even when you danced with some other bloke.”

His eyes flickered a dark emotion at the thought of Buffy and other men and he could see it rather scared Buffy.

She weighed the words William had just spoken to her and realized that he was right, they ‘had’ danced around each other for years. With another shy smile, she reached up and ran her little hand across his chiseled cheek. When he clasped that hand and kissed it softly, her legs nearly buckled.

Without thinking, she stood on her tipy toes and kissed him gently on his lovely mouth and was rewarded with a strong, passionate kiss in return. In the next minute she found his arms wrapped around her, like a vice and she was again pushed up against the brick wall.

This time he pulled her up by her bottom and wrapped her legs around his slim hips. In this position, she was all but trapped completely agianst the brick wall to her back, and his hard body to her front. Of course, that’s when she truly realized that it wasn’t just his chest and arms that were so ‘hard.’

Buffy knew she had no choice but to kiss him back, again, but she also knew it was a real bad idea. William was dangerous, very dangerous, she had no dissalusions about that and to encourage him in this way was only a recipe for disaster. Hers!

“William!” she cried out as she pulled her mouth away from him, “we can’t, I can’t, no…..we shouldn’t. Stop!” she finished, frustrated and exasperated at the same time.

“Don’t want to,” he murmered back, “you don’t want me to either. You know it.”

Spike ‘knew’ Buffy didn’t want to stop, but he also knew that she wouldn’t finish this out, especially not in The Bronze’s dirty little alley. He was rather reluctant to finish this in that dark, dank place himself. He had waited way too long for Buffy to ‘have’ her in this rat hole.

His Buffy belonged in the satin sheets of a king sized bed, while he worshipped her body with his. The look on her face warned him that he’d better stop this right that second, at least for the here and now and he stopped his assault on her mouth for the second time that night.

Reluctantly, he lowered her little body down while he kept hold of her backside, and made sure he held her warm body against his at the same time.

Once in place, her feet back on the ground, Spike rested his forehead against hers and gazed into those green eyes, “come home with me, Buffy,” he whispered.

She stood there, looking up at him, totally stunned, he could tell.

“Come home with me, tonight, Buffy,” he repeated, his tone a mix of pleading and commanding.

Spike watched Buffy carefully as he tried to read her thoughts by her expressions. He knew was was actually pondering his suggestion because she wasn’t saying anything, just staring at him under half closed lids, chewing gently on her full bottom lip. If he was going to convince her, now was the time because Buffy Summers (he never even thought of her as a Travers) was never silent if she was ‘sure’ about anything. At least she hadn’t immediately said ‘no’ he reasoned so maybe, just maybe she might say ‘yes.’

“You know you want to Buffy,” he said huskily as he ran his fingers against her flushed cheek and leaned in to whisper it again in her ear, “you know you want to. Just do it.”

Buffy was in a complete quandry now. The sad fact was, disturbing as it was, is that she ‘did’ want to. All sane reasoning aside, Buffy wanted nothing more then to climb on the back of Will’s motorcycle and get to his place as fast as possible to…..well, to what?

That was the million dollar question in her mind. She knew, with all of her heart and soul that William was bad news, that he had been since High School, but he was so, so…..well, he was William. And a part of her had and would always want him, even if she pretended to be his mortal enemy.

However, the sane Buffy, the one Joyce Summers had raised so very well, all by herself, echoed her first thoughts. William ‘was and is’risky, in whatever way it was, he was way too dangerous to get involved with. Buffy knew it, deep down in her soul. But……

“I can’t,” she finally whispered as she turned her face from him, “I can’t, Will, don’t ask again. Willow and Tara are…..”

‘Willow and Tara,’ she screamed in her head, they’re probably wondering where the hell I’ve gone!

“I have to go Will, please,” she pushed him, but very gently this time, away from her, “Willow and Tara, I abandoned them inside!”

The dissapointment in William radiated from his eyes and his body language and Buffy felt quite intimidated.

Before she could get past him, he grabbed her arm and ordered, calmly, “take my cell phone number,” as he pulled out a pen (one of Angel’s law firms, she noticed) and scratched a cell phone number down on a match book cover. “Call me tomorrow, any time. We need to ‘talk.”

Buffy nodded numbly and accepted the matchbook then slipped it into her pants pocket.

“Kay, Will,” she replied, not quite convincingly enough. “I’m going to walk around in front of the building, go back in that way. It’ll look ‘better’ you know?”

William looked away from her, then stated softly, “I’ll walk you close to the front door, make sure you’re okay. This place sucks and someone’ll just love a tasty morsel like you.”

He grinned at her and she suddenly felt like a teenage girl again, much like she had just a few minutes before. Nodding her assent, she walked slowly out of the alley to the front steps of the Bronze, glad that the bouncer was on a break right then.

“Buffy,” she heard William call to her, his voice hoarse, “call me, please.”

Buffy scurried through the front door of the building without even a glance back at him.


A/N: Well, leave it to ‘our girl, Buffy’ to be the only female alive under 60 that would turn down Spike! Even in an alley! But, it is Buffy we’re dealing with here! Okay, so, next chapter we’ll just have to see if she does or doesn’t call him? What do you think she’ll do? Thanks, Spuf