Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you, thank you, to everyone!
Chapter 37: ‘Reconciliation/Consumation’


A/N: I gave myself a few ‘challenges’ before I wrote this chapter. It’s kind of a short one for me, anyway. 1) Either Buffy or Spike has to say the phrase ‘crazy ass in love’ during the chapter; 2) Spike has to recite poetry to Buffy; 3) No where in this chapter will either Angel or Xander be mentioned even in a death threat! Okay, I succeeded in pulling this much off. Please read! Luv, Spuf


Buffy knocked softly on door #7 of the Inn. Her heart raced, pounded actually, in her chest, excited to see Will again, so privately, hoping he would hear her out.

‘Of course he’ll hear you out, nimrod,’ her naughty Buffy voice interjected with glee, ‘he loves the hell out of you girl, pull your head out of your ass and open your eyes. Oh, and open your mouth, this time, Buffy, tell your guy you love him!’

Will opened the door of the Inn and Buffy took in his beloved face and body, especially his cobalt blue eyes. In that nano second that passed between them, Buffy saw everything she needed to; William loved her, needed her and wanted her forever. Their connection was total and their fate was sealed at that very moment.

Will held out his hand to her, ‘pianist’s hands,’ she thought tenderly. ‘William has the hands of a pianist, or artist. I noticed that before, wonder why I never really put it into a conscious though, or verbal thought before?’

Buffy took his artist’s hand and allowed him to lead her into the room, where he stopped in the middle and turned to her, “we can just talk if you want, Princess,” he murmered shyly, “like I promised before. I know you were kind of roped into this tonight and….”

Before he could finish, Buffy wrapped her arms around Will’s lean body, bringing her lips to his left ear, “I’m glad, Will,” she whispered.

“I’m glad I got roped into being here, and I do want to talk with you, but first, I have to tell you something.” Screwing up her courage, Buffy nuzzled her mouth into Will’s neck even as he hugged her tighter then before.

“I love you, Will,” Buffy purred, running her lips lightly around the shell of his ear. “I’m crazy ass in love with you and I want to be with you, only you, William Giles. Do you believe me?”

Spike felt tears form in the corners of his eyes, but he really didn’t give a rat’s ass at the moment, Buffy had admitted it. Finally after ten years, her marriage to the wrong guy, his and her crazy relationship and a break up, (even ME’s drawn out angstsy long season 7! Okay, sorry)! Buffy had admitted the truth, she loved him and all those years just melted away, leaving just her and him, alone together in this room.

“I believe you, baby,” he answered, his voice husky with emotion. He ran his hands down her arms and kissed her soft mouth simotaneously, “I believe everything you say to me, Buffy, always.”

Buffy smiled at him lovingly, “good, cos’ I could never fool you, Will, never. Hard as I tried.”

Clasping her tightly to his body, Spike murmered into her mouth, even as he kissed her, “I’ll love you forever, Buffy. Can’t help it, I’m in love with you, your stubborn spirit, quick mind, beautiful eyes, absolutely luscious body, compassion, warmth and oh yeah,” he grinned wickedly, “even your cute crooked nose.”

She squeaked in protest, “I so do not have a crooked nose!” she gasped in mock anger.

“Okay,” he kissed said nose, “it’s not crooked, but it’s cute.”

This seemed to placate her and without another word, Buffy broke their embrace, took his left hand and led him to the bed.

“I think it would be best if we ‘talked’ here, Will,” she grinned mischieviously, “of course we could put the ‘talk’ off until later, huh?”

Spike matched her grin, “bloody hell, Buffy, we can put the talk off all night if you want!”

Buffy resisted the urge to tear Will’s clothes off of him, she wanted to undress him, oh yeah, but gentle and all slow- like. She reached up and began to tug the black tee shirt up over his chest and shoulders, “tell me you love me again,” she murmered as she slid the material up over his handsome head.

“I love you, always, ” he responded softly, never taking his eyes from hers.

“Tell me that you want me, Will,” she purred her command.

“Again, always,” he answered, reaching out to pull her top off, then her jeans.

“Let me,” Buffy offered sweetly as she unzipped his jeans and slid them down over his hips, then his thighs, then his legs. They finally stood, face to face, almost totally naked, well he was naked, she still had on her thong by this time.

“Tell me that you, that you…..”Buffy couldn’t finish, she felt like her throat was closing up, her heart was racing and tremors shot through her tiny frame.

“Tell you that I’d what, Buffy, darling,” he asked softly, running his long, slim fingers through her golden hair. “That I’ll love you forever? Already said it. But, I’ll say it again; I’ll love you forever, Buffy. I’ve loved you from day one, I’m always going to love, want and need you.”

“You have artist’s hands, Will,” Buffy sighed suddenly, clasping his hands into her tiny ones. “You have hands of a painter, or a sculptor, maybe even a pianist. I always ‘saw’ that, but never said it, I want to say it now, silly as it seems. I love your hands, Will. I love you.”

When she’d finished speaking, Buffy leaned up and kissed him full on the mouth, almost shyly, as if what she had said may have embarrassed both of them.

Will smiled into her lips, “I love you, love your hands, lips, mind and eyes, even your croo…I mean cute nose, even your stubborness, Buffy. I love you, all of you.”

Buffy giggled, then flung herself back onto the bed, “well if you love me so much, Will Giles, then come and show me!” She burst into a gleeful chuckle, even more so when Will leapt on top of her.

He stilled her merry laughter with his passionate kisses, running his lips down her chin to her neck then to her bare breasts.

“Oh, Will,” she sighed dreamily, “you’ve got such nice lips!” Smiling, he suckled each of her little nipples then continued down to her tummy, barely skimming her flesh there with his yummy mouth. Now Buffy giggled again, ticklish as she was at that particular place, “stop!” she cried laughing, flaying about on the bed, trying not to kick Will accidently.

“Nope!” he growled playfully and continued to lick and nibble her tummy relentlessly.

“I mean it Will!” she laughed hysterically, now, “I won’t be able to control myself, I might kick you in the head by accident!”

Finally, William stopped, but only long enough to give her the most dazzling grin, then he slipped his head between her thighs and began to lick and nibble another much more sensitive place on Buffy.

Spike, listened to his love moan and groan in delight as he tasted her again and again. Buffy was incredibly responsive to him when he did this, but bloody hell, she was responsive to everything he did. Just like he was with her.

When she was so close he could feel her begin to cum, he concentrated on her most sensitive part of her luscious cunny, bringing her over the edge. By the time he’d finished, he was so hard he almost couldn’t move up her body to position himself to thrust into her, just like he wanted to.

“Make love to me, please Will,” Buffy suddenly whispered, her green eyes wide and searching. “Please, Will, real nice and slow, no rough stuff this time. I need you, so much, but I need nice and slow to consumate our reconciliation. Do you mind, Will? I mean if you want…..”

Spike stared down into the face of the woman he loved more then life itself, “I’ll do nice and slow, baby,” he murmered, kissing her lips with a smile. I’ll do nice and slow, tender and sweet. Fuck Buffy, I’d go on national television and shout ‘I Love Buffy Summers’ from coast to coast, live. I’d go on international television and….”

Buffy giggled softly, “okay, I get it, Will. You’ll do tender and nice for me.”

He entered Buffy so agonizingly slowly, that he thought he might start crying from the sheer tortureous pleasure of it. Buffy was writhing underneath him, encouraging him with her passionate words.

“Like that, baby?” he asked, his voice husky and straining to control himself.

“Yeah, just like that baby,” she moaned, clasping her arms around his chest and back, accepting his gentle kisses on her mouth and cheeks, giving hers to him in return.

“Buffy,” he rasped, pushing himself up on his hands and knees to give himself more leverage, “I want to watch you from here,” he explained, pushing into her, never taking his eyes from her green orbs. Every other gentle thrust or so into her, Spike leaned down and kissed some part of Buffy’s beautiful face. Without meaning to, unable to help himself, he began to recite something, softly to her, that suddenly came to his mind:

‘I have been here before,
But, when or how I cannot tell:
I know the grass beyond the door
The sweet keen smell,
The sighing sound, the lights around the shore

You have been mine before…
How long ago I may not know:
But just when at the swallow’s soar
Your neck turned so,
Some veil did fall, I knew it all of yore.

Then, now, perchance again!
O round mine eyes your tresses shake!
Shall we not lie as we have lain
Thus for Love’s sake,
And sleep, and wake, yet never break the chain?


Buffy broke down and began to weep when Will had finished his poem, it was too much emotion at once. More then she had ever felt at any one time; overwhelming, endearing and overpowering for her.

“Baby,” Will stopped thrusting gently, looking at her with concern, “was it that bad?”

She wept openly, shaking her head fiercely, “no,” she finally choked out weakly, “it was just so beautiful. It made me happy, sad and well, kind of shy all at once.”

William dropped his body on top of her, spooning her into his strong arms while kissing her everywhere he could reach his lovely lips.

“It’s true, Princess,” he whispered, nuzzling her and beginning his gentle rythym once more. “We have loved like this once before; love like this doesn’t just happen, it’s written in the stars and heavens. And whether we are asleep or awake, the chain of love between us will never be broken. Believe me, Buffy.”

She nodded and thrust up to meet his movements, “I believe you. I’ll always believe you, Will.”

Later, after they had cum together, they lay on the bed, entwined in such a way that it was difficult to tell where one ended and the other began.

“I love you, Buffy,” he murmered.

“Love you too, baby,” she whispered back.

Will chuckled, “what?” she asked innocently with a blush. “It’s just that when you call ‘me’ baby, makes me feel all tingly inside, Princess.”

Buffy began to giggle again, “tingly? The Big Bad of Sunnydale says ‘tingly’?”

William pulled her even closer to him, “want to feel tingly all over again too?” he asked, raising his left eyebrow and smirking.

“Oh yeah,” Buffy answered with a breathy moan, snuggling into him, “no question, we’re going to both feel really tingly, all night long!”

He ran his long fingers down her arms to her hips, causing her to shiver in delight.

“Was that one of your poems, Will?” Buffy asked shyly, “it’s beautiful.”

He smiled and shook his head, “nah, sad to say it’s not. My poetry sucks Buffy, surely you remember how bad it was, back when?”

She propped herself up on her right elbow, “I remember some of your prose, sweetheart, it was pretty good, honest.”

Spike gave her a ‘huh’ look and actually blushed, “come on Buffy, don’t push this. You know my stuff sucks and I’m not sure this is going a direction I like.”

He smiled anyway, just to make sure she understood that he wasn’t mad, just embarrassed by the poncey turn of conversation.

“No, really,” Buffy persisted, “I remember some of your stuff, you read me some once. Please recite some of yours, Will, please. It would make me so happy, honest.”

With a shake of his head, Spike began to run his hands over Buffy’s rump and around to her front side, trying to change the subject, take her mind off the poetry nonsense.

“No,” she chuckled, clasping his persistent hands, “I want to hear some of William the Poet’s prose. I’m not backing down here, baby. Give it to me!”

Again, Spike raised his left eyebrow, “give it to you?” he asked in mock surprise. “Yes, give it to me! Your poetry, for now that is!”

So, with a sigh of defeat, Spike began to recite his terrible prose from years before.

‘At least one thing’s for sure,’ he reasoned, blushing from embarrassment, “Buffy’ll recognize that the poetry is all about her.’


Once he had embarrassed himself completely, by reciting a good thirty minutes of his bloody rotten poetry, Spike buried his head into Buffy’s chest and groaned.

“That was the most embarrassing thirty minutes of my life,” he admitted through gritted teeth.

“It was lovely, Will,” Buffy gushed happily, “just lovely. It made me cry!”

True to her word, when Spike looked into his love’s eyes, he saw real tears there, ‘just wonder if their tears of joy or pain?’ he wondered ruefully.

“Let’s eat!” he suddenly blurted out, remembering the food he’d brought with him for Buffy. Jumping up from the bed and pulling her with him, Spike trotted into the kitchenette, dragging her along.

“I’ve got champagne, baby,” he chortled, “we’ve got strawberries and cream,” he turned and gave her a wicked wink, “some bread, that brie you love, oh, lets’ see, hmmm.”

Buffy actually pinched his bare bottom with her beautifully manicured fingers, “okay,” she sighed with resignation, “buy me off with food, I’ll take that. But, Will, your poetry ‘is’ beautiful, I mean it.”

He gazed down into her emerald green eyes with adoration, “so are you, Princess,” he whispered, nuzzling his face into her cheek, “I love you more then life.”


A/N: Sigh, okay, corny, sappy, hokey (is there any other descriptive words I forgot?) I wanted to give a complete chapter, albeit a short for me, to Spuffy here. The poem is called ‘Sudden Light’ by Dante Gabriel Rossetti and I just love it. I think it combines the BTVS ‘eternal Spuffy love’ theme and is as valid today as then.

Anyway, please read and review if you so choose and please, love Spuffy, the real Spuffy that we all adored in BTVS. It’s so hard for we writers to capture the real Buffy/Spike and their love for each other. Thanks, Luv, Spuf