Author's Chapter Notes:
A/N: Thank you to readers and reviewers.
Chapter 39: ‘Warm Comfort’


A/N: A real short chapter for me! Sigh, I am continuing this fic longer then intended (again!).

Spike raced to the little mall down the street from Buffy’s house, trying to stay calm, but failing miserably.

‘Buffy’s in trouble,’ he told himself worriedly, ‘if that fucking loser hit her or anything else, I’ll rip his bloody heart out of him. Fuck the ‘plan’ and everything else!’

His heart raced in his chest and he could almost hear it’s beating as he pulled into the mall parking lot, spying Buffy right away. Buffy stood by her little red car, dwarfed, as usual, even by it’s compact size, but from his Harley? Spike could see, something was more then wrong with her.

She didn’t just lean on the Camaro, she slumped onto it in defeat, like all of the spirit had gone out of her. Just like a boxer, the one’s Rupert used to take him to see. A defeat boxer who just realized he wasn’t going to win this round. He pulled up next to her and leapt off the bike, pulling her to him in one fell sweep.

“Buffy!” he cried desperately, immediately noticing the ugly bite mark that swelled just where her gorgeous neck and silky shoulder met.

Buffy didn’t respond to Spike’s desperate greeting, she was too ashamed, whether she should be or not. She had purposely not covered the ugly swelling bite mark Angel had inflicted on her, what was the point? Will would see it sooner or later, and something inside of Buffy wanted Will to notice her husband’s mark. Maybe if it was just to let the man she really loved know that she hadn’t gone down without a fight and had come out with battle scars.

Will pulled back from Buffy, gently touching the bite, his expression a mix of confusion and pain, “what did he do, Princess?” he asked her softly, pulling her chin up so her eyes could meet his.

“He…”she choked out cautiously, “he hurt me, Will,” she finally admitted. “Angel, he did something awful, there’s more marks, bruises really, down lower.”

Buffy looked down at her hip and thigh area, again too ashamed to meet her lover’s concerned gaze.

“Mother Fucker!” William screamed, ignoring the few mall patrons that were milling about in the parking lot. “I’ll kill that bloody fucker!” he added, illiciting more then one or two concerned looks from onlookers.

Buffy loved William Giles, she knew it before this, of course, had admitted it to him, her Mother and her best girlfriends, but right now? Right at this moment she realized it more then ever.

‘I love this man,’ she told herself, burying her face back into his strong chest, ‘I love him and nothing ugly Angel or anyone else does will ever take me away from him again. All the vicious acts in the world can’t change what he and I have together.’

She knew she could not let herself be so traumatized by what had happened between her and Angel that she would turn Will away or push him away again. Will’s strong arms embraced her tightly and Buffy could feel his inner anger within those arms that held her so close to him.

He was literally trembling with rage, “where is he?” he choked out harshly. “Where is the fucking bastard, I’ll kill him, Buffy, I mean it!”

Buffy took a deep breath and tried to focus on this time and place, not earlier when her husband had hurt her so viciously.

“Will,” she whispered, “if you go after Angel ‘now’ if you hurt him, whether he deserves it or not? “He’ll win. I’ll lose you William, I couldn’t bear it if I lost you now, not after we just found each other again.”

“I can’t let him get away with this, Buffy,” he growled lowly, his body shaking more then before, “where is he?”

She shook her head into his chest, “you promised never to leave me, didn’t you?” she whimpered.

Spike didn’t answer right away. He had promised Buffy that he would never leave her, that was true, but this, now? How was he supposed to be a man, to himself, to Buffy to God if he didn’t go avenge his woman against the monster she had mistakenly married?

“He doesn’t have the right to force you, Buffy,” Spike hissed, pulling her chin up to meet his gaze again. The pain in her emerald green eyes broke his heart. “I don’t care if he’s Angel ‘fucking big shot’ Travers or your husband, he doesn’t have the right to hurt you like this. Especially after all of the emotional crap he’s put you through.

“Where is he?” he asked her again, trying to remain calm, but he was who he was after all.

“He said he was going to the Club, for a couple of nights to stay, but God only knows where he really went. I mean,” she actually chuckled sarcastically, “he’s probably got more then two or three places to hide out. Coward that he is.”

‘Yeah, he’s a fucking coward alright,’ he echoed silently, ‘I’ll strangle him with my own hands when I get the chance.’ But for the moment, Spike just held Buffy to him in a vice like grip and stroked her golden hair.

Buffy hated herself for the crying, her weakness, but she was so mixed up emotionally that she couldn’t help it.

“Will,” she murmered hoarsely, “I think we should go to your place now, kay? I mean, if you’ll just follow me in my car, at least to the city limits. I’ll dump the Camaro and go with you back home.”

Funny how Buffy thought of Will’s place as her home now and as if he read her mind, he whispered to her, “yeah, we’ll go home, baby. And Buffy,” he added firmly looking her straight in the eyes, “you’re not going back to that Travers’ prison, I won’t have it!”

She nodded in resignation, “no, I won’t go back, not until it’s time for me to pack up and leave for good.”

William kissed the top of her head then opened her car door, “follow me,” he ordered softly, taking charge thankfully. Buffy did as she was told, for once, following him to the city limits, near a cemetary (Sunnydale was just full of cemetaries) and ditching her Camaro in the outside parking area. Then she climbed onto the back of his Harley and held tight to him, her man, the only real man in her life at the moment.

When they got to his apartment, the first thing William did was dial Clem on his cell phone.

“Give the Sunnydale Boys the file on Councilman Smythe,” Buffy heard him tell his friend, even as she stripped down and settled on his couch.

“The police might be interested to know just what Angel Travers and his good buddy Xander Harris have to do with kickbacks, payoffs and oh yeah, the laws they broke in the zoning ordinances, don’t you think mate?”

Buffy raised an inquisitive eye to her lover, “Xander? What did he do, besides be a first rate prick?”

Will chuckled as he flopped down next to Buffy, taking her in his arms, “he’s more then a prick, Princess, he’s in Angel’s illegal business, up to his neck. Which, by the way,” he added with a smirk, “I intend on breaking the first chance I get.”

She snuggled close to him, trying not to let the evenings events ruin their moment together.

“The hell with them,” she murmered, cuddling into Will’s arms, “all’s I care about right now is us and this.”

William kissed the top of her head again, he was good at the comfort nuzzling; first thing Buffy ever noticed about him was that.

“Like I told you, luv,” he whispered, running his slim fingers down her bare arms, “you’re not going back to that fucking asylum again. Not unless it’s to pack and escape it, permenantly!”

Buffy giggled softly at first, but then her gaze fell to the bruises her husband had put on her just hours before. “I’m sorry, Will,” she whispered sadly, trying not to cry like a baby for once, “I tried to make him stop but…..”

Spike clasped her even more tightly to him, “shhhh, it’s okay, baby,” he cooed, “you’re my girl, now and from now on. Do you think that anything some bloody monster like Angel does could take you from me? Now or ever? Don’t think so.”

He gave a half-smile and cuddled her even closer, careful not to push the physical contact between them.

‘No telling what this has done to her, poor thing,’ he reasoned, ‘I have to control my own desires, make her feel safe and secure with me. If we don’t make love for….’

But the thought of not having Buffy that way made him so sad that he wanted to cry for them both.

“Can we go lie down in our bed?” she asked softly with a warm blush that he could feel against his cheek.

He was so thrilled that Buffy had called his bed ‘theirs’ that he could only nod and pick her up in his arms. “Course we can, baby,” he whispered, carrying her into the bedroom, “I love you Buffy, I want you and need you. If you want to just rest together in bed, talk, that’s enough for me.”

Buffy was clad only in her little demi-bra and a thong, ‘not helping with the lust issue, Princess,’ Spike told her, in his own mind.

She reached out to him, beckoning him into her long slim arms. Spike slipped out of his tee shirt and jeans, leaving only his boxers on.

When he snuggled down into Buffy’s embrace, he tried to not expose his hard on to her, ‘not what she needs Spike,’ he told himself firmly, ‘she needs comfort, not sex right now.’

If what Buffy needed was warm comfort, then that is just what Spike would give her. He ran his hands over her cheeks and neck, kissed her forehead and nose, then her neck, praying she didn’t cringe, ‘don’t let her flinch, please, please,’ he begged his omnipresent God.

Buffy buried her face into his chest again, purring against his skin. For some reason, this gave Spike the courage to run his lips along the ugly bite mark Angel had inflicted on her, “do you mind this, baby?” he asked softly, gazing into her huge green eyes.

She shook her head gently and he continued his quest down her chest, passing her breasts (reluctantly) and running his mouth down to her hips to the God awful bruises that had already begun to form there. Skimming them gently, tenderly, Spike tried to soothe the pain he knew they must be causing to Buffy, physically and emotionally.


A/N: Hehehehe! Leaving this chapter off here! Awwww Spuffy love and comfort! First off, let me explain something to the readers here: I have a very strong feeling about marital rape, along with any kind of rape. To me, rape will always be about control and dominance. There is nothing sexy, loving or ‘cool’ about it, not to me and I’m sure to readers here. However, I also can see the solace in the comforting arms of a loved one like Spike is to Buffy. So, I was going to end this story in the next chapter or so, but….I’m not, it’ll go a bit longer then planned! Thanks for reading and please review!
Luv, Spuf