Author's Chapter Notes:
A/N: Thank you for reading and the reviews.
Chapter 46: ‘Black And White Reel/Slow Motion’


A/N: A short, short chapter. Angst, no question, but please keep with the story, I promise it’s almost done. Luv, Spuf


Even in her dazed, pain induced haze, Buffy heard what Anya had said just outside the locked door, “oh my God! Put that gun away, Angel!”

A gun, Angel had a gun and Buffy was locked inside his office. Will was on his way up the elevator, right at that moment and had no idea that Buffy’s lunatic husband was brandishing a gun about.

She, Buffy, remembered that Andrew had threatened to call the police and could only hope he had, but just in case….”

Stumbling over to Angel’s desk, still dizzy from the pain, Buffy began dialing 911 on her own. She accidentally dropped the cell phone just as she heard the dispatch person anxiously asking for someone to come on the line.

“Oh Thank God!” she cried when she found the door lock remote and punched the ‘open’ button at the top. The click of the office door lock assured her that she had indeed unlocked the door and Buffy hurried at an unstable gait to the outer office.

“I have to warn Will,” Buffy thought, as she threw the door open and took in the horrible sight before her.

Angel stood with his back to his office door, presumably holding the gun on a pale Anya and Andrew, who embraced each other tightly. Buffy must have gasped out loud, because Angel turned to face her, now leveling the weapon at her. Her husband’s face was distorted, in anger.

“Wow, Buff,” he said, stunned, “you actually figured out how to work the door remote. You’re brighter then I gave you credit for! You’ve come a long way baby!”

Buffy could have knocked the wicked smirk right off of his face, but Angel did still hold the all of the cards, make that the gun.

“Give me the gun, Angel,” Buffy ordered gently, holding out her hand to him, palm up, trying not to pass out from the pain again.

“Fuck you!” he growled, “Oh, I forgot, Spike’s fucking you now, huh?”

She cringed and glanced over at Andrew and Anya who both just stared at her and Angel in horror.

“Give me the fucking gun, Angel,” Buffy ordered again, feeling a rush of power shoot through her, giving her strength.

“Fuck you!” Angel roared this time, turning when he heard the outer office door being kicked in. Will took that very moment to crash into the reception area of Angel’s office and come face to face with the gun and his terrified lover.

“Buffy!” Will roared, now aware of the gun, but he till advanced towards Angel, enraged.

“Will!” Buffy cried as she ran past Angel and threw herself into her love’s arms.

“Get the fuck out of the way, Buffy,” Angel roared again as he leveled the gun right at William’s heart. “It’s your little fuck buddy I want, not you.”

Before Will could push Buffy aside, to safety, Angel pulled the trigger of the Magnum and shot his lost wife right in her upper back, flinging her tiny body even more into her William’s and knocking them both back onto the floor.

“Buffy!” she heard Will’s wail and felt his strong arms tighten around her body, possessively.

“Buffy!” Will cried again and now she felt his hot tears falling on her face as he turned it up to look at her.

“Buffy, please, say something to me, sweetheart, please,” he pleaded through his sobs.

“I,” Buffy whispered, “I tried to stop him, Will. Honest, he’s crazy, Angel’s insane. But, you, you knew that, didn’t you?”

Buffy could feel her life’s blood flowing from her body like a river; she began to feel so lightheaded that she had to fight to keep awake. She fuzzily remembered something a Professor in college had told her class once, it was a study on ‘human experience’ and this Professor? What was it he’d said?

Oh, yeah, when you think you are dying, your life flashes by you in scenes. But the idiot was wrong, Buffy realized that now. When you were dying, your life ‘ran’ past you like an old black and white film reel. Everything was in slow motion, nothing flashed by at all:

Buffy saw her life go by in a slow, almost silent movie style. She was with her father and mother at Seaworld, how old was she then? Seven, eight-years-old?

Then there was the time she was thirteen and Pike Whedon gave Buffy her first kiss by the Sunnydale Pier. That was the summer when she first met Xander and Cordelia.

Next, Will and she were lying on a cold concrete frat house floor. She was half naked and he was doing the most wonderful things with his mouth, but then that changed, quickly.

Suddenly she was dancing at the Senior Prom, but not with Will, with another faceless boy.

Next it was scenes from Angel’s and her wedding day. Buffy wore a white sheath dress, even if she traditionally had no right to.

Then everything fast forwarded to the night in the alley, with Will, when he kissed her and called her a cock tease. This somehow made her giggle through the pain in her chest that shot through her like a knife.

Suddenly, Will and her were lying by ‘their pond’ he was smiling at her, stroking her hair and pointing up to the stars. They were dancing, her and Will in the bar, but…now everything was running together and growing so fuzzy and dark.

Buffy could still hear Will sobbing, begging her to stay awake, but ‘I’m so tired, Will,’ she sighed, not near loud enough for him to hear.

“I love you, Princess,” Will murmured into her ear. Buffy heard that loud and clear, it made her smile.

“I love you, Will,” she whispered back, plenty loud enough this time for to hear her. Then everything went black.


A/N: Don’t hate me, please!!!!! I just had to give it a good old cliffhanger, one last time. One more chapter, that’s it, then an epilogue. I thank you, to all of you who have read this tale kept with it. I thank everyone that has read and reviewed; good/bad/indifferent. It’s been fun for me, even though I got angst’s at the end. Take heart my dears; next chapter just has to be long!
Thanks again. Luv, Spuf