WARNING!!! There are certain issues addressed in this chapter that might offend some readers. If parents (aka Buffy and Spike) sharing intimacy with a small baby near or in the same bed isn’t your thing, DON’T READ THIS CHAPTER.!!! If you do read it in spite of the warning and leave a questionable or flaming review, you will be severely mocked and soundly ‘neenered’ because, hey! You were WARNED!!!

Chapter Thirteen

Buffy woke to the feel of something sucking on her nipple. The sensation shot straight to her womb and she moved a little to encourage the activity. When she felt a finger tease the other, squeezing gently and forcing a lancing bolt of pleasure straight through her body, she smiled. The sucking was intense, but it felt different. It felt good; felt like something that a primal part of her deep inside craved a connection to.

She slowly let her eyes drift open, finding them captured by the burn of passionate blue as she clamped hold of Spike and wouldn’t let him go. She raised a hand and let her finger trace his lip, marvelling at how soft he was when he had always been so evil. It was too confusing.

And then her eyes fell to her breast, finally working out that Spike’s lips danced in front of her provocatively rather than latched at her breast. Her eyes widened in alarm, panic swirling in cyclonic revolutions in her belly. It was making her feel odd, verging on ill. The act reeked of those things that she didn’t think she was ready for, things she didn’t think would ever be her chance at normal, and yet this moment seemed steeped in normal.

When she looked up, Spike was smiling indulgently, traces of awe shading his eyes a deeper blue. A hot and intense blue that Buffy knew was her new favourite colour.

“Spike?” She hadn’t stopped it from happening—in truth didn’t know how. The moment was too surreal and she was finding her breaths hitching and choking in her throat as tears dwelled in her eyes. “Tell me what’s going on.”

His expression fell a little at her distress, a pain inside catching a hold and harbouring till it could come out and be safe again. It wasn’t affecting her. Lia had chosen the Slayer as her mother and Buffy was scared. She wasn’t screaming, or pushing the baby away, but the look on her face was pure terror. Spike tried to argue with himself that she just didn’t understand and that he couldn’t tell her about Lia’s background. Couldn’t reveal the smattering of demon blood that warmed the child through, couldn’t tell Buffy the traits of the particular species that meant she was now the beloved mother of the most beautiful baby girl Spike had ever craved to be his daughter.

But it all came down to his own fear. Down to a refusal to give Buffy the opportunity to run.

“It’s natural, luv.” He cringed himself, knowing that this kind of thing would feel as unnatural to a girl who didn’t expect to make it into her twenties let alone give birth to and raise a child.

“Ho-how did this happen,” she gasped, silent sobs destroying the fluidity of her voice.

“The babe was mucking up in her sleep. I thought if she hopped in with us then it might settle her and let us get some more sleep. I guess she found you…needed you in that way. Maybe a comfort or something.”

Buffy’s look was wary, nervy and searching him for all manner of artifice. “So, you didn’t put her like this? She did it herself?”

Even though she was quite obviously upset, looking for the evil in him that he had been pretty lax in reminding her was there, he felt anger get the better of him.

“Yeah, sick joke from vamp to you. ‘O course I didn’t bloody make her do it.”

Buffy flinched at the hurt in his eyes, knowing only that she was in bizarro world and now the initial panic was waning, she could go back to feeling that strange twisting in her belly.

“Spike?” she asked, the tears beginning to finally fall. “Why does it feel so good?”

He watched the tiny lips latched around Buffy’s pretty pink nipple and felt himself harden all over—muscles taut, ready to spring. The gentle rhythmic pulse as the baby’s tongue sucked the nipple deep into her throat.

“Maybe ‘cause its bloody beautiful. I’ve never seen anything so sexy and erotic in my life.” The awe was back and Buffy felt swept away by it, shaking a little with not knowing what to do. It felt so strange, so frighteningly grown-up and parenty, and God…erotic! Just like he said.

She watched him as he put an arm around her waist, his eyes asking her a question she just didn’t know the answer to, and then his head descended and he took her remaining nipple into his mouth. Buffy shuddered beneath him, the hard pull of his tongue making her want to scream. Instead, the tears slid down her cheeks as her legs clamped tightly together. She couldn’t believe what was building; pushing at some invisible point within her that she’d never known existed. As his hand stroked her flank, her baby fed from her virgin nipple, and a peroxided head sucked her into ecstasy, Buffy felt it crash down onto her. She moaned, felt her skin prickle with strong bursts of sensation as a climax knifed through her, bringing her off a point of complete awareness. She surrendered her body to them, even as she felt the sting of fangs as they pierced her breast, even as she heard words uttered that would bond the three of them together.

She rode a wave of continuing ecstasy. As he pulled blood from a blue vein in her breast, she whimpered as the pulse of pure need and lust surged through her. Taking her to another world where this was what she was, who she was and the man she needed to complete her.

“Spike,” Buffy garbled, holding his head to her as she hung on to it all, held the beauty of this moment as her heart completed the binding. Her leg parted and curled over his hip, trying to draw his body closer to her as she began to cry. His finger found and gently stroked her, keeping her at such a high point of feeling that she responded without the slightest urge. His slow sucks of blood brought everything to a higher sensation and she found herself flooding around his fingers even as she gave another shout into the hair of her lover. Her body writhing around his name, her soul reaching out to the two and making forever promises that changed the focus slightly of who she was.

Is.

Slayer and Buffy, protector, lover and mother. It was all hers; both these incredible creatures were hers and she sobbed through overwhelming happiness.

Until the visage of a dark woman and her watcher clouded the images of her family portrait. No. They didn’t belong to Lia. She did. The baby was hers. Spike was hers. And even though none of it made sense, that none of it was what she wanted or needed two days ago, she’d kill anyone who tried to take it from her now.

She growled, causing Spike to pull his fangs from her and look at her in surprise. Lia’s lips also fell from her body and Buffy was astounded to find that her nipples now leaked. Tiny dribbles of white fluid that gave her the proof she needed.

Spike smirked as he leaned forward and licked the liquid dripping slowly from the pinkened nubs.

“That is the most fucking hot vision I have ever seen.” And he kissed her, claimed her lips like he’d just claimed her heart. She may not have gathered the implications, but little Garaqua girl Lia had chosen her parents and Spike felt hornier than hell.

Lia gurgled and smiled, her arms waving as the two super-beings stared down at her, pride and excitement at the change in them all making them quiver—a reaction to the bonding that had just taken place.

Spike’s hand ran over Buffy’s flank, teasing her flesh and making him more hungry for tastes of her. The Slayer. Fucking hell, he’d just joined his immortality to the Slayer. Gained a baby. Pinned the new label to his black duster: Big Bad Dad. Oh yeah, his world was right.

Dru’s prediction hit him right between the eyes. ‘Burning baby fishes.’ Well, Lia was certainly daddy’s little mermaid, so it seemed his sire had got it right. And Buffy—everything was truth, everything was reason.

Everything was his.


A/N...well, if you are here you made it to the end. I am sorry if I have lost some readers...and yes I am paranoid that I have :( However, I am extremely grateful for the support up to now. And Lizzie, I had no trouble with your feelings about how Willow was written. She may have been slightly out of character, but as no babies were ever on the show I guess we can't know for sure. Thank yous go to : Allison, Mari, Seraiza, Buffy Rat, bloodshedbaby, dreamgirl4eva, Esther, Mariana, s.p. hudson, bex makes u fly, Franchesca, Kimber, Amanda, Bridget, Brunettepet, Anne, Cordykitten and Lizzie. Thank you all so much for your support.